And Then There's You...♡♡

And Then There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

        🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤


Two days later, Jaewook was on the phone with Minyoung.

JW: Jeongmal ireolkoya? (Are you really going to be like this?) Don't you miss me? 

MY: Of course I miss you!!...I'm dying here...I wanna see you...there are things I want to do...to you...remember?

JW: Tchh! (Sulking...)

MY: It's been a month...and I got to do nothing...

JW: Then? Just come here already...

MY: I...I can't...not yet. I'm finally getting somehere with our first encounter mystery...oppa...you'll be surprised!

JW: First encounter myste....(..she even has a name for it?)  I'll just tell you! What's the problem...?

MY: Noooo! Oppa...let me do this... I want to make something special out of this too...

JW: It's not necessary...

MY: Then why do you remember it so well? And put such meaning to it? Your 'what if' with me...why did you have such thoughts? It must have influenced your decision to do our drama too, didn't it? You acted upon your 'what if'...and you took the offer! An offer you otherwise would not have taken. So don't tell me it's not necessary oppa...

JW: I...I (she had a point...)...geez...since when do you talk so well? 

MY: Since always....I can do this....I'm a capable lover...err wait...I mean...a capable woman! 

JW: You are both...you don't need to prove anything to me.

MY: And...when you said it was one-sided...that...hurt me a little...so I need to know...

JW: Because I was the one looking at you...from a distance...it's not like you purposely hurt me...or ignored me...

MY: Even so...I need to make sure...oppa

JW:(giving up...) Arasso...arasso...where are you now?

MY: At my former agency...

JW: Wh...what? Wae? (They have started giving hints?)

MY: Hwan suggested that I meet my sunbae there...who knows...if I mention your name, something might crop up...I'm tracing back to the year you returned from your military service...in 2013. I was definitely here that time...

Jaewook was stunned, he quickly sat upright...and checked his group chat with the gang. There were several conversations from Hwan...Sean...and the girls...Gosh I didn't check our chat!

JH: Hyung! She's getting close. We suggested her to go back to her agency.  

SK: She's going to see one of her sunbaes...who's retiring this month...so it was the perfect excuse!

MY: Oppa? Are you still there? 

JW: Huh? Yes...I'm still here...Minyoung ahh...what are you going to do if...by today...you 

MY: ...find the answer? Well I'll go to your house and see you of course...yeay!! Actually...I went there two days ago and couldn't get in...I can't take this defeat lying down!

JW: Park Minyoung! Are you serious? (Frustrated...) Ahhh...why didn't you call me? What if somebody saw you outside??

MY:  Oppa...love comes with risks...and this is my attempt to be romantic.  Why are you angry?

JW: Of course I'm angry...at myself!  My girlfriend is locked out from here...you'd better get in by today...jebal!! 

MY: (Paused...) Ahhhhhh...I'm close aren't I? I'm going to the right place...right oppa? 

JW: Keurae...(admitting) jalhaesso...

MY: Wait for me! I'm so excited...but oppa

JW: What? Wae...

MY: What if I still can't figure it out...

JW: Then I'm going to your house tomorrow to get you!! I'll do it for real!

MY: Okay...okay...I'll solve it today...oh oppa...I've arrived...I'll see you later oppa...love you!

JW: Lo...(she already hung up...)

Jaewook let out a big sigh...and walked to his kitchen. He took out the wilted roses from the vase and replaced them with the fresh ones he bought today...

How many roses have I thrown out waiting for you Minyoung ahh...just to propose? I hope these are the last...and you'll be here today.

He checked his phone again and replied to the chat.

JW: Thanks Hwan. I hope today is the day...

JH: Hyung...don't worry. 

SK: I put the magazine on display at the lounge...this morning.  She can't miss it...

HN: I'll 'naturally' lead her to the lounge...I'm excited! 

JW: You're with her?

HN: I drove her here...Aeri's at the cafe...ah so this is the lounge...we're here...she's calling her sunbae...I'd better get going then...

SK: Wait...can you see the magazine? 

HN: It's too far. I'll just...okay...I've put it on the table...kekeke. I'm leaving now...my job is done!

JW: I'm a little anxious...how will she react? Will she even remember?

JH: She will...and she'll be there, with you...today...just wait for her

JW: If only I could be there..

AR: No...you just stay put where you are....

JW: Allright! Thanks everyone...I'm going to clean up now...

SK: Clean up? At a time like this?

JW: I do it when I'm nervous...

AR: You're similar to Minyoung more than you know Jaewook ssi...

HN: Hahaha....you two are just...anyway...Hyuna out! Roger!

JH: Me too...fighting both of you!

AR: Me three! I hear wedding bells...kikiki

SK: Nado...don't pass out waiting okay Jayden...

JW: I dunno...right now I can't feel my legs...hahaha...Okay roger and out!

Jaewook hurriedly went to his room to get his place ready. He checked on the custom-made Tiffany wedding rings...his and hers. His was a classic platinum band and hers a diamond solitaire...he wanted to get her one that had embedded diamonds all around, that was classy but practical enough to be worn any time.  But decided that a solitaire was every girl's dream, so he opted for that one. 

He felt happy...yet anxious. He couldn't help but think of his first proposal to Yuri years ago...how everything that was supposed to be a beginning for them led to the end. And his almost-proposal to Minyoung months ago...that ended with separation. 

If anything goes wrong...how will I survive this? I won't survive it...Jaewook held the ring box in his palm...Park Minyoung...you want it too, right? A future with me... I saw it in your eyes and I felt it the night we were together at my parents'.  My heart won't play tricks on me this time...right? 


        🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

 

Three hours later.

Jaewook had been trying to contact Minyoung but without success.  What happened? She found out? Then why isn't she here? Why isn't she picking up...?

In the chat.

SK: According to her sunbae, they didn't have dinner together...she excused herself and left early....what could have gone wrong Jayden?

JH: Is there something about that day you're not telling us hyung?

JW: N..no...I don't think so...(his heart sank)  Maybe...she's disappointed...maybe it was really nothing to her...

AR: Maybe not...even if it was nothing then...it doesn't explain her going MIA...(missing in action). What matters is what you have together now...

HN: Exactly....

SK: Plus...she took the magazine...so she definitely knows already...

JH: Then why isn't she running to hyung? Where is she?

HN: I don't get her reaction.  Something's up...but Jaewook ssi...

JW: Hmm?

HN: I think whatever the reason is...it's probably something really private...just to be shared between the two of you...

JH: I agree...or else she would have told at least the girls by now...

JW: You think so?

SK: Positive...she tells them everything....

AR: Oh...hang on...I just received a text from Hyunsik...her asisstant...

JH: Shik should know where she is...

HN: Yeah...she would've told somebody...

AR: He says she's gone to her family home...omg! How random!

JW: What? But she's supposed to come here...(beginning to really feel uneasy...) Why would she go out of Seoul? And not answer her phone?

Everyone was silent...they were trying not to alarm him but they were worried too...for both of them...

SK: Jayden...just rest tonight and sleep on it okay? I'm sure she has a good reason...

JH: I know it's hard...but let's trust her...today

SK: Yes today...tomorrow is a different story...(upset). That girl...

JW: Hyung...don't. I'm alright...(not very convincing)...I'm already in bed anyway...it's almost 11 pm. I'll just

AR: Just sleep Jaewook ssi...she'll explain this when she sees you...I'm sure of it...in the meantime...we'll keep on trying to contact her...

HN: Yes...we'll talk again tomorrow...

JW: Everyone should rest too.  She'll find her way here...Thank you..all for today...

SK: Okay...just hang in there alright

JW: Of course...thanks hyung...

Jaewook felt exhausted from the emotional rollercoster he was feeling today. 

What is it with me and proposals? Why can't things ever go right? Where are you Park Minyoung? I'll give you an earful when you come! I'm not letting you off easily this time...I'll...I'll...(...more worried than angry...) You...you will come....right?

 

     🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

 

It was almost 2 a.m. when Minyoung arrived at Jaewook's doorstep. She took a deep breath and pressed the passcode...

MY: 070613 (and the door imm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter