Like Waves on a Shore...♡♡

And Then There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaewook was lying on his side...facing Minyoung.  He softly combed her hair with his fingers...all apprehension about meeting her again was gone...what's left was just worry for her current state.

JW: Don't scare me like this again...Minyoung ahh. 

She was barely moving after half an hour... He really thought she had fainted in his arms until he heard a subtle snore coming from her. So she's sleeping? What a moment to fall asleep...

He felt relieved and carried her to bed...As always he brought a warm wet towel to clean her face...it was wet with tears...

JW: Every time we meet again...you cry...I feel bad...no...worse than bad.

He held her hand and rubbed his thumb against it...It has been a long four and a half months...and he knew that Minyoung felt it more than him. He tried to put her at ease by not talking about the issue when they speak on the phone...but his strategy seemed to have backfired...looking at how exhausted she was.  It crossed his mind...that the uncertainty of it all was tiring her out.  They were together...but not.  They were in love...but not together.

JW: I hate it too...Minyoung ahh. Himdeulji? (It's hard isn't it?)

She slowly stirred and opened her eyes....gradually becoming aware of her surrounding...and him, in front of her...

JW: Did I wake you?  Mian...sleep more (softly)

MY: Oppa...(trying to reach for him...but he held her hand...)

JW: Minyoung ahh...I know this is probably not the best time to discuss this, but I want to clear it up before we...continue

Minyoung just stared at him...a little worried now.

JW: Listen carefully to what I have to say...I'm thankful for what you're doing, I really am...but this is not how I imagined our relationship to be...

MY: Oppa...

JW: I'm not good at calculating how much or how far your feelings are for me, I don't want to...I just want to love you as much and as deeply as I can...without all these conditions....that's love as I know it...it should be free and liberating...not tiring like this. What if something happened to you? 

MY: Oppa...wait...let me speak

JW: So it's enough...if you can't love me as much...it's fine, if you're not into this as much I am now, that's fine too...as long as

MY: How can it be fine? Oppa...

JW: We'll just see how far we can go. I can accept it...

MY: You can...and you have been very accepting...but you shouldn't have to.  Besides, I do love you as much...I just wanna show it better now...

JW: But it's exhausting for you...what kind of love is that?

MY: I'm not tired because of what I'm doing for you..

JW: Then?

MY: It's because I...missed you, it's not complicated at all...I just...missed you....these past months...really

JW: Just...missing me? (Finding it a little hard to believe...)

MY: There's no grand reason...you're not making things hard for me.  But not being with you, that's not easy at all.  I told you I need to recharge...in your arms...that's the truth...simple and real...

JW: Well...but...(don't know what to say...)

MY: Is it so hard to believe? Oppa...our time apart made me realize...it's not about the little piece of happiness that only Kim Jaewook can give, but only you can make me truly happy with everything else that I have or the person that I am. I want to talk to you about things...share with you what I've done...and be with you when things happen...the common word here is 'you'...that's why missing 'you' in this equation...was the hardest for me...it drained me, trying to be happy without you...

JW: Minyoung ahh...I 

MY: It's simple right? (She saw that he was speechless...) I can see you are touched...

JW: Uh? How else am I supposed to take it...you just

MY: And it's not true...me not loving you as much...not being into this as much...it's not true...anymore... (looking into his eyes...)

JW: A...are you...sure? 

MY: (Smiling...) Very...

JW: I..(out of words...say something will you?)

MY: I think I've mentioned 'missing you' around ten times...but you're still not holding me...maybe it's not mutual

Jaewook quickly  pulled her into his arms before she could finish her sentence...and she snugly positioned herself to be right under his chin, her face pressed onto his chest. She smiled as she felt his heart beating fast...you're too cute I can't...

JW: It's mutual...(making her comfortable in the position)

MY: So, are we good now? 

JW: We are...komawo...

MY: I'm not convinced...why are you so quiet?

JW: Coz I want you to rest...you've just used up your whole year's worth of romantic lines, I don't want you to pass out again...

MY: You making fun of me...

JW: Believe me I'm not...I'm the one who needs recharging now...after hearing all that...when you're romantic, you're quite relentless...I'm no match...

MY: That's not quite the reaction I was aiming for...but (Snuggled a little closer...) this...I love...

JW: What...cuddling?

MY: Your body...(she immediately felt his heart beating faster... gosh he's too easy...)

JW: Huh? 

MY: And everything else that comes with it...

JW: (paused...) You keep making my heart flutter tonight...are you on a mission? (I think I'm losing...)

MY: (smiling to herself) Do it again...

JW: What...

MY: Call me 'sweetheart'...I miss that the most...I was only partially conscious when you said it just now...I want to hear it properly thi

JW: Sweetheart (lovingly...) I...love you...

Minyoung looked up at him staring down at her.  Now her heart was beating fast... Just like that! And my heart feels so full right now...you do it so easily oppa...making me happy...how unfair! Like these past months never existed...like our separation never happened...

JW: Wae? Why are you looking at me like that? (almost whispering...brushing away the few strands of hair on her face) 

MY: I...really...want to kiss you right now...(thinking aloud...doesn't care...)

This tired girl is romantic tonight...I can't...Jaewook smiled shyly at his thoughts...and...he slowly brought his face closer to hers...

MY: But I'll hold it in!! Omaigad...look at me! (quickly sat upright, releasing herself from his hug..)

JW: W..wae? Are you going somewhere...?

MY: I'll sleep in your room oppa...I almost forgot where we are...your parents...

JW: No...stay. They know...I mean they understand...they are okay about it...(reaching out for her again)

MY: I'm the one not okay...I know I'm past that age to care but...this is my first time sleeping at my boyfriend's parents' home...I just...want to make a good impression...and be respectful to them...

JW: I..I understand...but...

MY: But...we should at least...kiss right? (tempted again...) Okay...just one kiss...we should do at least that much after all this time apart...right?

Are you sure about this Minyoung? It's never just one kiss with this man...she bends down to kiss him anyway and he naturally closed his eyes...when nothing happened, he opened them again...to find Minyoung just inches away from his face...not moving...

JW: W...wae...?

MY: I really think it's a bad idea...I'll forget where we are... plus...I'm not in the best shape to resist you tonight, so I'd better not start...(yeah...just be honest...)

JW: You...say that so casually I...(tugging at her hand, coaxing her to reconsider...) ...stay, I won't make it hard for you...I know you're tired..

MY:  You won't make it hard? (B...but I just told you that I...) Sometimes...you're so clueless...(...sighing...you honestly don't get it, do you oppa?) 

She snuggled close to him again...a little too forcefully

JW: I made you upset?

MY: Nevermind...(you're not helping at all that's why...)

JW: I just...want to stay together a little longer. I'll go to my room. After you sleep...I promise...

MY: Okay...if you say so...(Clueless namchin being more clueless...maybe I'm the only one who can't control myself...ahhh this is hurting my pride!)

She slid her hand under his shirt and rubbed his ...he froze at the contact...and looked at her...Cham! You're not exactly handling this too well either...you should've let me go just now...

Minyoung was suddenly inspired to be cheeky, knowing how much he loves to flirt...she could feel his body was getting warmer by the minute...

MY: It feels different...(teasing him...her hand casually roaming on his back)...have we been apart that long? 

JW: D..different? How...(was actually clueless...and beginning to lose focus...gosh I'm going to be so obvious!)

Her hand went down to his waist, and before he knew it, she squeezed his buttock...he almost jumped at her sudden move...she then rubbed him there softly, and he unwillingly let out a soft moan...which left him a little embarrassed...

Jaewook quickly held her hand...to stop her

JW: Alright...I'll go...I get it...(he knew now why she was upset...)...you can stop touching me like it's nothing...

Minyoung propped herself up, took his hand that was holding hers, kissed it and placed it against her cheek...

MY: That's the problem...it doesn't feel like nothing...ever...

For a long moment...they stared into each other's eyes, both clearly emotionally and physically charged...the tension was palpable, and it almost filled the air around them. 

MY: I wished we're at a different place...there are things...I want to do...

JW: You...can't just say that and leave me here...you know how much it affects me when you...

MY: That's why I do it...I'd do it...over and over again...(pulling him to her...) I love you...

Jaewook couldn't contain it anymore...there was only one way to release the buildup emotions he was feeling inside...he gently held her neck and brought her face down to his and kissed fully, opening and inviting her...the first contact sending shivers down his spine, charging his senses...it felt like their first kiss, full of novelty and urgency...it was electrifying.  He slid his tongue and searched hers, tasting her, deepening the kiss, encouraged by her soft, muffled whimper.  Minyoung caressed the side of his face as she moved partly on top of him...wanting to position herself better...and he slowly trailed his hand upward on her arm  and gripped it as the kiss intensified. She occasionally break from the kiss only to be pulled back into it again...he was not done yet. She felt his hand moving to her ...his palm was burning with heat, going further down...to her buttock...squeezing it...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter