The One I Belong to...

And Then There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


JE: Oppa...there's a call for you. Should I pick it up?

Jieun saw Jaewook's phone ringing at his kitchen counter. It was an unfamiliar name to her. 

JW: No...I told you not to pick up my phone. Just let it ring. I will return the call later. 

Jaewook was in another room, busy filling up food in Mooryang and Daumie's bowls. He was squatting down and filling up their drinking bowls aswell.

JE: Arassoyo...but who is this? It says 'Judy is calling'...you have a friend named Judy, oppa?

As she turned around, she was surprised to see Jaewook already behind her...he was panting and quickly taking his phone.

JW: She...she's a rocker f...friend of mine. We... keep in... touch...(catching his breath)

JE: Rocker? Ahhh...from your band days? 

JW: Yeah...but...Jieun ahh...shouldn't you be leaving? Everyone has left and I really need to take a shower...

JE: Just go ahead oppa...

JW: (giving her a warning look)...I'm not going to tell you again why that cannot be...

JE: (sighing)...allright...oppa... you don't have to be so cold-hearted. (Pouting)...I'm just like a little sister anyway...

JW: Are you treating me like a big brother right now? It's your choice you know...(not having it today. What if she picked up the call just now...that was a close call!)

JE: Why are you getting angry? Oppa!...okay I'll go...

Upset, she picked up her bag and headed to the door.

JW: And I'm going to change my passcode too! How did you get it anyway...don't do that again...

JE: I helped you pick up your passport a few months back, remember? You were the one who told me...

JW: (suddenly recalling) I told Sunmi to get it...

JE: Yes...but she was 40 minutes away from your house...so she asked for my help..

JW: Keurae...but you shouldn't be using it again...anyway...I am changing it!

JE: Alright...whatever oppa...

You can't treat me like this oppa. You just blew your chance while I was still being nice...You are clearly placing your hopes in that woman and acting like a fool around her. I will make you snap out of it for sure! If I can't tell you she's dating...I 'll show you that she is! How many times do I have to keep doing this so you'll know nobody will ever stay by your side but me...She was biting her lip, angry and frustrated. Angry at all the footages she had seen of them together and how they were acting around each other. And now, this cold treatment from him is really pissing her off. This has got to stop!

Jieun left, slamming the door behind her. Jaewook quickly checked his phone. He saw only one missed call from Minyoung and let out a breath of relief. I need to be careful...we have just started dating and we haven't even talked about all this yet. 

       💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

 

Minyoung rushed out of the private dining room at the hotel. Hwan was trying to stop her from leaving...

JH: Minyoung...please let me explain...

He was trailing her from behind as Minyoung quickened her step.  He managed to grab her hand and she immediately pushed it aside.

MY: Lee Ji Hwan ssi! Do you really think I am in position to discuss with you right now? We are in the open here...and we ended 7 months ago...what exactly are you trying to do here?

JH: You don't understand...your mother..

MY: And why drag my mother into this?...And your mother too? Really? Ahhh...I am so mad right now...

JH: I think you need to hear me out...ca...can I call you?

MY: Well...you should have called me sooner if you're going to pull a stunt like this...

JH: But...I couldn't reach you...you blocked my contacts...I think (sounding hesitant)

Minyoung did. She wanted to start new and not be reminded of him...

MY: Well you could have called Aeri...or Hyuna...?...nevermind....I...I will call you. I...I can't think right now and I shouldn't be seen here....with you! Omma! Omma!...lets go.

From afar, JiEun put down her camera. She looked back at the shots she took and smiled. I need these just in case he needs more convincing...Minyoung was in a pair of jeans with a half-tucked white shirt on. She was wearing a cap but her face could be clearly seen. Hwan was in a casual suit. Hmmm...a chaebol certainly looks like a chaebol...She managed to capture one picture of him holding her arm and one where she was silently looking up at him. 

JE: Perfect! How dare you get close to Jaewook oppa...I am no fool Minyoung ssi. He's not going anywhere as long as I still want him. You don't know who you are dealing with here.

Minyoung got into her car and cried. She felt ambushed and betrayed. Worst of all is the feeling of betrayal to Jaewook. How will he take this? Can I even tell him this?

MY: Wae omma...wae? What made you agree to this? What is it that you couldn't even tell me first?

Her omma just stared at her...she couldn't bear seeing her cry. She expected her to be angry...not sad and disappointed.

OM: Minyoung aah...mianhae. Omma....I can't explain it now but...for now...for now...can't you just play along...jebal?

MY: Omma...I can't. I am in love with someone else...I won't...pleasee...pleaseee...tell me...just tell me why you are doing this? I will find a better way...

Omma just kept quiet. Minyoung tried to drive but tears kept rolling down her swollen eyes. All she wanted was to tell her mother how much in love she is, to be encouraged, and for her mother to be happy for her. What just happened was too unexpected and she could feel Jaewook being pushed away from her life. It's so unfair...

OM: Mianhae Minyoung ahhh...mianhae

MY: Do you even know who I'm in love with? Do you know how this is going to hurt him...he's...it hadn't been easy...and now...

OM: Mianhae...uri ttal...

         💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

 

A week ago.

JH: Omonim...how long have you been receiving these threats?

Hwan was looking through her phone and reading threats on exposure of Minyoung's relationship with Hwan from when they were together. There were pictures of them meeting, and leaving his mother's hotel with articles to be sent to the press. 

JH: This information is all twisted and false! We never spent the night anywhere...let alone at my mother's own hotel!!

OM: Who will believe it Hwan? Who?...I can't have this history smearing her career or her life. Can we just...just follow what he wants?

JH: I am pretty sure it's a 'she'...this plan of hers...is too meticulous. 

OM: How did she even find out about both of you...could it be...a fan? Or maybe...

JH: Omonim...(holding omma's hands)...I will do it...let's do this and help Minyoung.  I have always felt guilty for how my parents never accepted her...and now uri omonim finally understands why she couldn't date me publicly then...

OM: But Hwan ahhh...she...I think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter