Eight, It Could Have Been Height

Of That Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Wheein wrapped her arms around Hyejin's midsection, bringing the woman completely against her body. Her grip was rather strong, and possessive. Hyejin was surprised at the sudden gesture, but realxed when she realized it was Wheein. She recognized Wheein's hands.

 

« I don't like him. » Wheein said into Hyejin's ear, her voice was lightly lower than the usual. Hyejin turned to have a look at Wheein's face, the woman was glaring hard towards the man who was on the phone. The guy had been talking with Hyejin for a few minutes now. Wheein and Hyejin had decided to take a trip to the mall, because Wheein needed to buy Yongsun a new sweatshirt, as she had stained the one she had borrowed.

 

They had been having a great time, until this guy came up to Hyejin, obviously in the hope to get Hyejin's number. Wheein was at the checkout of one of the stores when this man came up to Hyejin while she was waiting for Wheein outside. Wheein had been observing the scene from a fdistance, she was mostly observing the man, when she suddenly felt the hair on the back of her neck raise, and the sensation of something empty dropping inside her. Something about him was bothering her, she blamed it on his aura and his gaze. She could feel something was wrong with him.

 

Hyejin put her hands on Wheein's arms, wondering what was happening. It was the first time Wheein had ever acted this way. Of, course, it wasn't the first time someone was flirting with Hyejin while Wheein was present. Usually, Wheein would watch from a distance, but the minute Hyejin would be next to her, she would sneakily take Hyejin's hand in hers and not let go for a while. Hyejin always found it absolutely adorable.

 

However, Wheein had never interfered like this, nor wrapped herself possessively against Hyejin like her life was at stake. Hyejin knew something must be wrong if Wheein was acting this way. The woman seemed to sense things on a different level and Hyejin trusted her.

 

« Hyejin, let's go. » Wheein urged, her voice was authoritarian, letting no room for negociation. Her grip tightened, making Hyejin take a few steps back. Wheein clearly did not wanted Hyejin or herself to stay here any longer. « Come on. » Hyejin let herself being dragged away, throwing a last look at the man. She had no idea what Wheein saw, that made her react this way.

 

Hyejin grabbed Wheein's arm with her other hand as the woman was walking fast in the opposite direction the man was. It seemed like she was scarred the man would follow them. Eventually, they entered a café, and Wheein made them sat in the quietest corner.

 

« Wheein ? » Hyejin was still safely being held by Wheein. « I'm okay. »

 

« This guy was nothing good. I could feel it. » Wheein explained, even if they were now inside the café away from the man, Wheein was still jumpy, holding Hyejin's hand in hers. The vibe she felt coming from the man was so strong, she was having a hard time relaxing. She couldn't imagine if something had happened to Hyejin. « I'm gonna call Yongsun. »

 

Wheein took her phone out, still holding Hyejin close to her. Hyejin looked at Wheein carefully, her eyes were focus on her phone, she was anxiously biting her lips, and her legs couldn't stop jumping. Hyejin tried to calm her down by gently putting her hand on Wheein's shaky legs.

 

« Unnie ? Can you come pick us up at the mall café, please ? » Hyejin heard Yongsun's voice but couldn't understand what she was saying. « Quick, please. » Wheein hung up, she threw a look around the café, still on the lookout, in case the man was searching for them. While they were waiting for Yongsun to come and pic them up, Hyejin did her best to try and calm down Wheein.

 

Wheein didn't even smile once, she was so tensed, Hyejin had never seen her like this. The woman was usually so easy-going, and carefree. It took fifteen minutes for Yongsun to come and pick them up. As soon as they entered Yongsun's car, Hyejin felt Wheein relax against her.

 

« Are you two okay ? » Yongsun had parked the car a few building away from the mall, Wheein a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter