Charles the Third

Of That Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hyejin was getting ready, going back and fourth between her room, the living room and Byulyi's room. The other woman had this bad habit of forgetting to return Hyejin's items and keeping them. Hyejin was almost ready when she heard someone ring the doorbell, she quickly went to open the door.

 

« Hi. » Wheein sweetly greeted her, Hyejin let her in, and quickly went back to her room to finish her bag. Wheein sat down on the couch, getting her phone out to look up something. She didn't even give a look at Hyejin, only focused on her phone.

 

« Where are we going ? » Hyejin asked from her room, she was really curious. Wheein had suddenly called her, telling her to get ready, because she was picking her up. When she had called, Hyejin was chilling in front of the TV in her lazy clothes, so she had to speed up to get ready before Wheein arrived. « Wheein ? » Hyejin went back to the living room, but still no answer, she put her hand on Wheein's shoulder to get her attention.

 

« I can't tell you. » Wheein put her phone back in her pocket, before looking at Hyejin. Wheein stood up, and gave a long look at Hyejin. The woman was wearing a bright shirt with so little of it buttoned, Byulyi would have disagree with. Hyejin felt her cheeks become red due to Wheein's long stare, it wasn't the first time Wheein looked at her this way, but every time her body would react like this. « So are you ready ? »

 

Hyejin nodded, Wheein nicely took her bag for her and they both exited the apartment. Wheein even took Hyejin's hand in hers while they went down the stairs, Hyejin's apartment was on the first floor, so it was a quick trip. Wheein started walking down the street, keeping Hyejin's hand until they arrived in front of a car that from what Hyejin's remembered wasn't Wheein's.

 

« What do you think ? » Wheein let go of her hand to show the car to Hyejin. It was an old vintage car, a Volkswagen Karmann Ghia convertible, clearly nothing to do with Wheein's car. « Isn't she a beauty ? » Hyejin raised an eyebrow, because why would Wheein address the car this way.

 

« Did you change your car ? » Hyejin really was having a hard time registering what was going on.

 

« No, a friend let me borrow it. You don't like it ? » Wheein suddenly worried, from Hyejin cold reaction, she may be bad at understaning social clues but one thing she was good at was reading body language. And right now, Hyejin's whole body was saying “ Nope ”.

 

« No, I mean. Yes. » Hyejin started to panic, Wheein whole body had just dropped, and a pout had appeared on her lips. It was the first time Hyejin witnessed a disappointed Wheein, and she felt incredibly guilty to be the cause of it.  « I like it. I do like it. I was just a little surprised, that's all. » Hyejin walked over to Wheein, and took her in her arms.

 

Wheein let herself be held for a second before stepping out of Hyejin's arms. It wasn't that she didn't want Hyejin to hug her, she was just really excited about what she had prepared and her mind was only focus on it for the moment. « We should go now. » Hyejin nodded, Wheein suddenly stopped moving. Before frantically searching through her pockets.

 

« What's wrong ? »

 

« I... I can't find the keys ! »

 

« Maybe you left them at my place ? » Hyejin provided. « Come on. » They quickly made their way to Hyejin's, unfortunately, the keys weren't there. Hyejin could feel and see Wheein becoming more worried as the seconds were passing.

 

« How could I lose the keys ? Taehyung is going to be so mad ! » Wheein was starting to feel hot from the stress and panic, it was starting to feel heavy in her lungs. Eventually, she stood up decided, and looked at Hyejin. « I have to tell him. »

 

« I'll come with you. » They both exited the apartment once again, except this time, Wheein was pissed at herself and she wasn't holding Hyejin's hand at all, keeping her hands in her pocket. Taehyung's place was actually just in front of where the car was parked. Wheein entered the pin code before entering the building.

 

It was a nicer building than the one Hyejin was living in, she could tell from how well it was kept, and how many doors they passed to get to the stairs. Well, they didn't even take the stair, Wheein went straight for the elevator, pushing angrily the button three. They finally arrived in front Taehyung's door, and rang the bell. Hyejin really wanted to do something, but Wheein didn't even give her a look since they exited her place. She didn't dare to touch Wheein, only staring at her from the side.

 

« Hey, Wheein ! I knew you'll be back. Come on in. » Wheein entered without greeting Taehyung, going straight for the living room, her head low. « Oh, you must be Hyejin ? I'm Taehyung. » Hyejin shyly greeted him, not because he was a stranger, but because his shirt was completely ed. He noticed where Hyejin was looking and smiled.

 

Taehyung joined the two women in the living room, his apartment was way much bigger than Hyejin's. It was even too big for one person if you asked her. The place was pretty neat, except for the painting laying around. Hyejin knew Taehyung was an Art major, but that was all she knew about him, she had seen him around the campus, sometimes with Wheein at his side. He seemed nice.

 

« Here you go. » Taehyung put the car keys on the coffee table for Wheein to take.

 

« What ? »

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter