The One And Only

Of That Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyejin's focus was entirely in her classes' notes. There was this part of the course she just couldn't wrap her mind around, so she had found ressources at the campus' library. It was until she felt her phone vibrating nonstop in her bag, she decided to ignore it at first. Unfortunately, the caller seemed to be persistent, eventually, she opened her bag and took out the device to check the caller ID. Jung Wheein. What could the woman possibly want that requiered Hyejin's attention.

 

The library was relatively empty, so Hyejin picked up the phone call as quietly as possible. No one was around her, plus she was sitting deep down the library, where people rarely passed by. It was the only spot she felt comfortable to work at. The main reason was the big window serving as a screen for the outside landscape. From here, you could see a vast part of the forest surrounding the campus, and the light often came through magically from this spot, making it one of Hyejin's favorite place in the campus.

 

« Hyejin ? You hear me ? » Hyejin automatically smiled at the sound of Wheein's voice.

 

« Yes. What can I help you with ? » Wheein's familiar sniffing could be heard. Hyejin often worried about the woman's health, she seemed to be ill permanently. Hyejin had never met someone who sniffed so often.

 

« Are you at the library ? » Hyejin wondered how the woman knew.

 

« Yes, I am. »

 

« Ah great. » A sniffle. « Do you see where the science building is ? »

 

« Yes, I do. » Hyejin couldn't help herself from smiling brightly. It was the Wheein effect.

 

« Can you come here ? On the roof ? »

 

« Wheein, are you on the roof ? »

 

« Yes. Just come. Quick. » Wheein put an end to the call right away. Hyejin chuckled, she already had an idea of what was going, so she cleaned up her space before exiting the library. She had to cross the campus in order to reach the science building. It was already the end of the afternoon, so the campus wasn't crowded, making it easier for Hyejin to walk all the way to the building.

 

Hyejin only went one time to this building, after all, she was an Art major. She found the entrance easily, and made her way inside. It was one of the biggest building on the campus, Hyejin was greeted by a double staircase that she climbed quickly. She didn't really know how to access the rooftop, plus Wheein didn't give her any direction. Hyejin crossed the entire first floor, and found the fire escape, she figured it would eventually lead her to the roof. She climbed the four floors, founding the door leading to the roof.

 

Hyejin opened it with maybe too much force, but the door had seemed heavy.

 

« You're right on time. » Wheein just appeared out of nowhere, she took Hyejin's hand in hers, leading the woman over the edge of the roof. The roof was looking like a garden, because of the biology department using it to lead experience, and grow plants. It was of course prohibited to hang out there without the autorization of a teacher, yet here they were.

 

« Look. » Hyejin stood with Wheein's hand still in hers. The sunset was starting, painting the sky with a wild range of color. It was beautiful. Hyejin turned toward Wheein, the woman was absorbed in the majestic painting coming from the sky, Hyejin found her beautiful. She put Wheein's arm over her shoulders, and snuggled against Wheein's side as close as possible.

 

« Thank you. »

 

They stood under the sky together, until the stars started to shine. The wind started to blow, making the temperature drop, Hyejin snuggled even closer to Wheein's warm body. The woman was wearing a large sweatshirt, making her look comfy, and really cute in Hyejin's eyes. Eventually, Wheein broke their embrace, but Hyejin kept her hand in hers.

 

« I was actually locked on the roof. » Hyejin snorted, of course, it sounded more like Wheein. « Should I drive you home ? » Hyejin eagerly nodded, accepting the offer. She could even hear Byulyi's voice mocking her about how whipped she was for Wheein.

 


 

« Yongsun ? » Yongsun was standing in front of her door, her long black hair in a total mess, wearing only a T-shirt and a pair of shorts. She was catching her breath, a clear clue she had ran to come here. « Come on in. » Byulyi let her come inside, the woman still breathing heavily.

 

« No. » Byulyi closed the door, behind them, as Yongsun was looking at her with big worried brown eyes. « I can't find Wheein. » Byulyi stopped moving for a second. « Her phone isn't answering. Would you know where she could be ? » Byulyi scratched her head, she knew Wheein was a woman more than capable on her own, but she agreed, Wheein not responding to Yongsun's phone calls was concerning.

 

« You should calm down. I'm sure Wheein is okay. » Byulyi calmly went to the kitchen and prepared a glass of water she gave to Yongsun. « I am going to call Hyejin. » Yongsun quickly gluped down the glass.

 

« Thank you. You are a savior, Byulyi. » Byulyi turned away to grab her phone, and more importantly hid her pink cheeks from Yongsun. Since Wheein had introduced Yongsun to her, she had developped the biggest crush on the woman. Unfortunately, just like Hyejin, Byulyi couldn't find the strength to ask her out, plus Yongsun already had someone. It was really her luck.

 

Byulyi dialed Hyejin's number, the woman picked up at the second ring. « Hey. Are you with Wheein ? » Yongsun watched Byulyi with great interest, internally hoping her precious Wheein was with Hyejin, so she could stop worrying about her so much. « Oh... As expected. Well, meet us at the apartment, Yongsun is waiting for her. » She hanged up, a tired smile decorating her lips. « Hyejin is with her, they are on their way. »

 

Yongsun's body completely relaxed. She walked to the couch and sat there, Byulyi followed her and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter