Fiver on the Fifth

Of That Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

« There is an event at the café near the campus, do you want to come with me ? » Hyejin was both surprised and excited hearing those words coming from Wheein. They weren't close at all, they had never hang out just the two of them, Byulyi had always been there. Well, it was more like Byulyi sometimes invited Wheein, when she was hanging out with Hyejin.

 

Hyejin had been observing Wheein from a distance for a while now, she just couldn't bring herself to make any move on the woman, plus Wheein seemed so unattainable. She was always busy on a new project with a friend of hers, still she often hung out at Byulyi and Hyejin's place.

 

From all the time Hyejin had seen Wheein, she had picked up a few things about the woman. Mostly how much she seemed to love comfortable top, being T-shirt or sweatshirt, she would always wear something way larger than her frame, making her look adorable in Hyejin's eyes. Her hair were often free on her shoulders, as wild as the woman was, Hyejin loved her hair, even if their were more often messy than perfectly combed.

 

Byulyi had to go back to the science building as a one of the teachers needed her help to complete an experience successfully with some first years. Byulyi was one of the best students on her biology class, so her help in the lab was always welcomed. Following the phone call from the teacher, Byulyi had left Hyejin alone with Wheein in their flatshare.

 

« Yes, I'll come. Just let me grab my purse. » Hyejin went to her room to check her look in the mirror before going. They took the car to get there, Hyejin felt so awkward, she really didn't know what to talk about with Wheein, the woman was hard to see through.

 

« They are currently having a promotion, for two drinks bought, they offer you the third. » Wheein explained to Hyejin as she was parking the car in the street. Hyejin looked around, she did recognize the street, it was mainly composed of houses and a language academy, there was no coffee in sight.

 

Wheein led her to a random building, which looked like someone house, but there was a flight of stair hidden on the side leading to another building, they borrowed it, ending up inside a hall, Wheein continued walking, they took another stairs, finally they ended up on the last floor. Wheein opened the door of the café for Hyejin. They only climbed two floors, but because of the high position of this part of the town, they could see everything.

 

Hyejin instantely loved the place, it was full of plants, hanging from the ceiling, but also around the place on the floor. It definetively smelled like coffee, combined with the soft background music, the place really made you feel welcomed and warm. She followed Wheein to the counter, where a woman surely around their age greeted them.

 

« Hi Wheein ! » The woman with the name tag reading Bomi happily greeted them. « What do you want to try today ? » Wheein current hobby was to try every drink on the menu, for no reason other than trying. Hyejin looked at the woman named Bomi, she seemed pretty delighted to see Wheein, she was watching Wheein's contemplative face with a lot of enthusiasm.

 

« Hyejin ? What do you like ? » Wheein emphasized the “ You ”, as she turned toward Hyejin to watch her attentively. Hyejin's eyes quickly widened in surprise from suddenly being the center of Wheein's attention.

 

« Me ? I... » Wheein smiled to her, waiting attentively for Hyejin's answer. Except, Wheein's smile did nothing to help Hyejin's thinking process. She was just under the Wheein effect, half opened, yet no answer coming out. « Mocha, I like Mocha coffee. Coffee... Mocha. » Wheein happily turned back to Bomi and ordered two Mochas.

 

Hyejin, on the other hand, had never felt so stupid. She couldn't believe how pathetic she was being around Wheein.

 

« What do you want as your third drink ? » Bomi asked, refering to the current discount in the café. The second she looked up from the screen's register, she saw Wheein's eyes slowly changing, and she understood she was going to ask for something that wasn't in the offer.

 

« Unnie... » Wheein started with her sweet voice, as her puppy eyes were appearing. « Can I have some banana bread insted of the drink ? » Bomi sighed, she couldn't let Wheein win her over with her puppy eyes.

 

« It is not how it works. » Bomi answered, even if she already knew she will end up giving Wheein what she wanted, at least she tried to resist it.

 

« But unnie... » Bomi found the puppy eyes really difficult to resist, but she tried anyway. « Hyejin loves banana bread and yours is the best in town. » It was true, the banana bread of the café was divine, every customer knew it. Bomi smiled at the compliment, she was the one baking it every day. « Please. » Here the last blow : Wheein's dimple smile. Bomi let her head fall, she had lost.

 

« Okay, but it is only because it is you. Go get a table, I'll prepare your order. » Wheein thanked her before turning to Hyein who had been looking around, in the hope to forget how pathetic she had been a moment ago.

 

« Where should we sit ? » Hyejin's attention had been caught by the big window at the other side of the café, she walked over there with Wheein following her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter