Thirst Team

Of That Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

« Is that yours ? » Yongsun asked while inspecting the pile of books on the coffee table. Wheein was in her room looking for something, she just came home from the librairy obviosuly, seeing the pile of books labeled with the librairy logo. « Why would you need to know about chess ? » Yongsun had opened one, flipping through the pages, she frowned at the endless pictures of chess boards showing different strategies to win.

 

« Yeah, I borrowed those. » Wheein came back in the living room with a chess board and the pieces to play with. The brunette had one of her ample hoodie completely covering her, with a beanie on her head. Yongsun smiled at the adorable sight of Wheein in this outfit. She sat down on the carpet, taking one of the books from the pile to start studying it.

 

« Why the sudden interest in chess ? » Yongsun asked again, as she really wanted to know the source of such an interest. She put the book back on the pile, instead taking the chess pieces to arrange them on the board. Yongsun was quite experimented in chess, but she wasn't an extraordinary player.

 

« I am challenging Dohyung in a macth. » Yongsun froze at the information.

 

« Dohyung ? Park Dohyung ? You ? You are going to play against Park Dohyung ? » Yongsun raised an eyebrow, Wheein seemed really serious about it on the other hand. She was engrossed in her book, reading sporadically through the paragraphs. « Why would you challenge him ? »

 

« Hum... He said that if I win he would let me have ten free meals at his dad's restaurant. » Yongsun sighed at Wheein's answer. Dohyung's dad's restaurant was one of the best in the region, it served the most delicious Chinese food you could appreciate. Yongsun had eaten there with one of her ex-girlfriends once, and its reputation wasn't stolen. Everything was delicious, and served in generous proportions.

 

« And what will you give him if he wins ? » Wheein put down her book, slowly turning around to look at Yongsun.

 

« Ah... I promised him, you'll go on a date with him. »

 

« You did what ? » Wheein didn't bother repeating herself, she knew Yongsun had heard her the first time already. « Jung Wheein. » Yongsun obviously wasn't happy about it, she knew Dohyung, and she knew he had been interested in her since her first year in college, unfortunatelly, it wasn't mutual. He was a nice guy, brilliant and quite handsome, but Yongsun really didn't feel nor have any interest for him.

 

« Pff... It is just a date. » Wheein tried to tone down the situation. Because Yongsun and Wheein had been friends for years, and even more by moments, Wheein knew she could allow herself this kind of behavior with the woman. « And I don't plan on losing anyway. » Wheein added.

 

« You...you...you think you are going to win ? » Yongsun stammered at the sound of Wheein's confident voice. « You are aware Dohyung participated in a national chess turnament ? » Dohyung had bragged about it so many time to Yongsun, she couldn't ignore it even if she wanted to.

 

« And he lost. » Wheein added, putting her attention back on the chess book. Yongsun sighed dramaticallywhile leaning on the couch. She couldn't believe Wheein right now, maybe Dohyung lost, as he didn't finish first, still he finished in the top twenty, so maybe he wasn't that bad in chess, like Wheein believed. « The match is in a week, don't worry, I'll be ready by now. » 

 

« Do you even know how to play chess ? »

 

« Well, I am quite good at checkers, it is kind of the same game. »

 

« No. It is not. » Yongsun poked Wheein's head to grab her attention as the woman was behind ridiculous right now. « Jung Wheein. » Now, Yongsun was completely pissed at the woman, she wasn't okay with Wheein taking bets like this and involving her without her consent. Yongsun stood up from the couch heading to the kitchen to grab something to drink, in the hope to calm herself down.

 

« Don't be upset. When I'll win, I'll invite you to Dohyung's dad's restaurant. » Wheein affirmed, but Yongsun was having none of it. She threw an angry look at Wheein before heading for her bedroom, closing the door behind her. It was this time in their relationship where Yongsun and Wheein just seemed to get mad at each over the slighest things. Usually, Yongsun would have brushed it off, or even helped Wheein in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter