Chapter Two

The Unforgotten Kiss

Moonbin

At last, after all these years, I heard that nickname again coming from his mouth. You know what, I hate being called Minnie before. Mom wanted her siblings to be girls but sad to say, I wasn't born to be one.

So the solution, she treats me like her little baby girl. She let my hair grew longer and dressed me up with cute gowns and spaghetti straps. She even put make-up on my face if we need to attend some parties.

All my life, I lived in the shadows of my Mom's creation but I never did blame her of why I am like this. Yes, I am not straight. I like boys and my fantasies revolve to them.

"Do you hear me?"

"Uhm...I'm sorry, boss." damn, I was in my thoughts again. Focus Moonbin.

He sighed.

"We will have a presentation with the investors for tomorrow. Any changes in the afternoon?"

He asks without looking at me. His eyes were darted on the files in front of him.

"Well, for the meantime you have a scheduled meet-up with Mr. Sy by 3 pm and a place visit to Minsoo orphanage afterward," I said while scanning his current schedule.

"Cancel the appointment with Mr. Sy. I wanna go to the orphanage as early as possible." He sternly said without taking his eyes off his work.

He really did change a lot. Once the cute little boy with a heartwarming smile is now a face capable to swoon a lot of women in just one hell of a wink. Those eyes can thrall you by just looking at it, a masculine face which has no trace of imperfections and lips which I believe tasted a lot of prey already. Damn, he's a living deity of the 20th century!

"Are you done checking me out, Mr. Moon?"

"S-sir?" Oh my god, I was caught.

I don't know what to respond because of the awkwardness I'm feeling right now. He sighed once again. I think he already did that several times today because of my stupidity. Moonbin, calm down. He is just your ex-best friend whom you've betrayed before and is still angry about it, nevertheless, standing in front of you looking like a god of love in a suit which made you tremble in your damn knees. So easy right?

"You know what, I have rules in my office and it's time for you to familiarize each of them."He walks towards me with seriousness in his eyes. "First, don't drool over me." Okay, his conceited. "Second, focus on your work. I hate incompetent personnel. I didn't pay you well to just give me unuseful variables." Damn, his too close. Alright, step back and back...and...Oh No! I'm trapped on the wall! H-his face is inches away from mine already and his scent is bombarding me. Intoxicating but wild. It's a mixture of his expensive perfume and his natural manly scent which made me hold my journal close to my chest like my life depends on it. This is dangerous.

"And lastly, call me Dongmin. Not boss, Mr. Cha or whatever endearments you can think of. Understand?" He said before handing me some papers.

"Y-yes boss-I mean Dongmin," I gasp when he looks at me with angry eyes making me change in a snap.

"Good. Make 10 copies of that report and in case each in a folder." He then went to his desk to check for emails.

Damn...what a great day at work.

Why is he like that anyway?

Does he know I'm gay?

Geez, it's giving me a headache.

🔯🔯🔯

Dongmin

I can't concentrate on my work but hell, I can see him again after all these years of hunting my dreams. Making it my worst nightmares.

I hate him..so hate him for leaving me like this. Those times when we're still together was the best days of my childhood but I didn't know that it would be my hurtful memories too.

"Mom, I'm going out to play with Minnie ok?" I shouted at my mom who's currently making lunch.

"Sure honey! And bring her for lunch too" she answered back.

"I will. Bye!"

I said before running towards the hill where we always play. The sun shines bright on mid daylight but it doesn't stop us from having our fun together. She was sitting under the tree carrying her plushie pika when I came. She doesn't notice me because she's busy talking to Pikachu of how cute I am, and how happy she was when she's with me.

I hid a smile. I am too.

Due to what I felt that moment, I kissed her cheeks which startled her a bit.

Due to what I felt that moment, I kissed her cheeks which startled her a bit                      

She tried to punch me but she can't hit since I'm good at dodging her. I was laughing hard at her attempts at catching me.

We were so happy because we did a lot of things like catching bugs, watching fishes swimming in the lake, and sometimes cuddling with each other with the grasses serving as our blanket under the shade of the tree.

We were so happy because we did a lot of things like catching bugs, watching fishes swimming in the lake, and sometimes cuddling with each other with the grasses serving as our blanket under the shade of the tree                      

But I never thought that those happy memories would end on that same day. Dark clouds started to cover the sky and soon it started to rain.

We're soaked by the rain already so we've decided to come out of the tree. I started to take all of my clothes off leaving me with boxer shorts.  She hesitantly did the same and by the time she's finished, confusion took me over.

"Minnie, why do you have a little doodoo just like me?"

She didn't answer a thing but my eyes widened in realization before I shouted my anger at him. Yes, the girl whom I always cuddle like a princess, the one I'm kissing on the cheeks when I'm happy, and someone I'm planning to be the mommy of my little Dongmin's is a boy. I feel disgusted with myself at a young age.

"You!!! You lied to me! I hate you!"

"Dongmin wait..."

"No, don't play with me from now on!"

I said before running away.

I didn't go out of our house since I discovered his dirty secret. I feel betrayed. He tried to approach me but I didn't face him so all of his attempts failed.

Few more weeks had passed and my mother keeps on knocking at my door. I only come out when it's time to eat so they can't talk to me.

"Honey, I know your upset but Bin and his mommy and daddy are going to leave today." She said behind my door which stops me from sulking like a baby. Moonbin, that was his full name. What a beautiful name for a lier but still, that lier is my best friend.

I hurriedly opened the door to ask her about it. She told me that my Minnie is trying to come back here every day to say sorry and goodbye to me as well.

I cried so hard and without minding my mother calling my name, I ran so fast until I reached their house but I was greeted with leaves moving on the ground by the winds and a postcard on their gate saying 'For Sale'.

"Why didn't you try so hard Minnie. I thought you will never leave me forever?" I said between my sobs.

I hate him for leaving me... I hate him so much...

Tok..tok...

I was kicked out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door of my office so I instantly turn around. I don't know why I did that but heck his here. I wonder how he looks like now. Is he still cute and lovely just like before?

I heard the door opened so I straightened my back on the swivel chair.

"Good Morning Mr. Cha, I have Moonbin here. He will be your personal assistant replacing Donna." My HR head introduced him to me.

"Alright, thanks. I already saw his profile on your email."

"You're welcome, Sir. He's already been instructed about his work too so there's nothing to worry about. I gotta go now, Sir."

I didn't respond to her and after a while, I heard the door closed.

Curiosity and excitement are killing me so I turn around to face him. I almost gasp when I saw a cat-like face looking nervously at me. He changed a lot and he even looks cuter compared to those days wherein I'm still thinking that he's a girl.

No Dongmin, you need to confront him of why did he leave you hanging.

That's ten years of no calls, texts, not even emails to check if you're still alive! So, with all my best, I made my most intimidating expression before I spoke my most fearful voice.

"It's nice to see you again, Minnie"

I saw how he cringed and almost cried because of how I approached him but I'm determined.

"Same to you as well, Boss."

My head snapped at his location with anger bursting from me.

Why? Why the hell you have not affected just like me Minnie? Is our friendship was just a joke for you?

I sighed.

"Great, we're gonna have a presentation tomorrow so be ready. I need you to do something." I said but it seems that his not listening to me.

"Do you hear me?"

"Uhm...I'm sorry, boss."

I sighed again. It seems that he's out of focus.

"We will have a presentation with the investors for tomorrow. Any changes in the afternoon?"

I said while looking towards the documents on my desk.

"Well, for the meantime you have a scheduled meet-up with Mr. Sy by 3 pm and a place visit to Minsoo orphanage afterward," he said while scanning his journal.

"Cancel the appointment with Mr. Sy. I wanna go to the orphanage as early as possible." I sternly said without taking my eyes off this work however few moments have passed and I didn't hear any reply so I look at him. I scratch my forehead in frustration when he's just standing there looking at...wait he's looking at me like he's...

"Are you done checking me out, Mr. Moon?"

"S-sir?" He's stuttering... I smiled at the back of my head.

I am good looking Minnie, so I know a smitten look when I see one.

"You know what, I have rules in my office and it's time for you to familiarize each of them." I stood up and walk towards him. "First, don't drool over me." Uhm... Why am I saying this?"Second, focus on your work. I hate incompetent personnel. I didn't pay you well to just give me unuseful variables." Damn, his too close to me now and I'm not expecting to like it. I saw him took his journal close to his chest out of nervousness. I made a naughty idea. Hmmm...

"And lastly, call me Dongmin. Not boss, Mr. Cha or whatever endearments you can think of. Understand?" I said before handing him the reports for tomorrows presentation.

"Y-yes boss-I mean Dongmin,"

"Good. Make 10 copies of that report and in case each in a folder."

Damn, he smells so fresh that I almost sniff his hair. This is bad, I should be angry at him, not this!

Ugh... I should get away...! And why did I want him to call me by the first name just like before?

This is not good...damn Dongmin..get a hold of yourself!!!!

🔯🔯🔯

What do you think guys? Is it okay? Does it sounds too fast or what?

Don't hesitate to comment down your thoughts. It would be highly appreciated.