Chapter Twelve

The Unforgotten Kiss

Moonbin was shocked by what he saw inside his boss's office. He can't even understand why he was feeling this. 

Remember when he accidentally crossed his way with his idol? Well, he followed her inside his workplace and was led to Dongmin's office. He knocked several times but no one is answering so he pulled the door open and witnessed the thing he should never look at.

There on the sofa, he saw how his idol pushed his boss and savagely kissed him like they never met for a long time. He was just standing there but he doesn't know why he felt betrayed somehow. He clenched his chest as hard as he can because if he doesn't, he will cry for sure.

He wanted to go away but his legs felt weak. It's like all of his energy was drained just by looking at the couple in front of him.

He bitterly smiled while holding all the courage he has just for him not to cry.

Silly Moonbin. It's not like you have a feeling for him or anything. 

Moonbin thought before knocking at the door which startled the two from what they are doing.

"M-Moonbin? What are you doing here? I thought you called in sick."

Dongmin did not expect that of all the people in his company, it was Moonbin who witnessed what he and Liza doing. He doesn't know why but he feels guilty in some ways. Like he needs to explain everything to him but he doesn't know-how.

"Uhm...I-ts just..uhm...I wanted to formally let you know that I applied for leave, Sir. Just one week is all I need for me to take care of my sister who's in the hospital."

The younger can't even look up while talking to his boss.

"Hey!!! You're the one I met downstairs! I never thought that you are my fiance's assistant."

It was Lisa who was happy that Dongmin's assistant is not a young woman. She felt at ease just by knowing this.

"What the hell are you talking about Liza?" Dongmin almost jumps out of the sofa if not for Moonbin who caught their attention by greeting Lisa back.

Wait...so he already has a fiance?

"Nice to see you again ma'am." 

He was sad by what he knew but at the same time grateful because Lisa is talking to him right now!!!. This is a dream come true to him. He really just had a change of mood.

"Nah. Just drop the ma'am thing. Liz or Lisa is fine."

"Oh... Ok then." 

Earlier he was excited to get her autograph and stuff like that but now, he just lost the appetite. Maybe it's just the situation or something. She's still his idol though and he adores her.

"Wait, you'll be gone the whole week?"

Dongmin interrupted their little conversation with a slight raise of voice and all Moonbin did is a nod.

"Then how about my schedules? Who's gonna do all of your work?"

"Yes...uhm about that one, we have Sanha. He will be my substitute for awhile. Don't worry Sir. He's been trained. I can give you my assurance."

"Very well then, I'll sign your leave later. Don't forget to submit your papers when you go back. Okay?"

Dongmin said it like its normal between an employer and an employee but deep inside he wants the opposite. He can't even get rid of the fact that he and Moonbin still needs a lot to talk.

He knows that his being stubborn again but that's what he is. 

"Hey, we have a lot of catching up to do and it's about time to get lunch so shall we?" 

A flirty invitation coming from Lisa wakes Dongmin from his trance. Moonbin was no longer around. Well, he's hungry too so he closes his Laptop and accompanies Lisa for lunch.

-------------------------

On the other hand, Moonbin is now on a cab going home. The driver keeps on glancing at him because tears keep on flowing down his cheeks. He was hurt but he doesn't know the reason why. 

He doesn't understand what he's feeling right now. He's so confused about everything. First, his previous actions. Next, his feelings right now. Lastly, that event earlier.

He came home still thinking about those issues. He went upstairs and was greeted by Kimmon.

He took a shower and change his clothes. He packs some spares because he doesn't know if until when he will be staying in the hospital. Good thing that Kimmon agreed to accompany his mom while he is away.

When was about to get off his room, he remembers something. It's Sua's birthday next week. He needs to buy a gift for her.

Several days have passed and thankfully, Sua has been discharged from the hospital. Her doctor said that her body is responding to the chemotherapy. If this will continue, then she will not need a bone marrow transplant.

Moonbin was so happy with the news that he can't stop himself from hugging Sua tightly. Both of them giggled from the warmth of each other.

"Did you hear that my yeodongsaeng? You're doing great!!!" Moonbin exclaimed. He's very happy about the news.

"Sua. Why are you crying?" Moonbin wiped his sister's tears.

"You're crying too. Oppa." Sua who's giggling while tears are flowing down her cheeks. "Don't worry Bin. I am just happy. I never thought that I would make it. There still a lot of steps to take before I'll be cured completely but still, I'm so happy."

"Me too." 

And they hugged each other again.

--------------------------

Late afternoon on that same day, Sua came home again. Moonbin hired a new nurse for his sister too. Now, Kimmon is only in charge of his mother while Nine, the new nurse is for Sua. This may cost him more but at least his loved ones can get the necessary medical attention they are needing.

Right now, he is surfing his phone for news feeds from social media while eating some crackers in their balcony. It was a chilling afternoon indeed and it's relaxing for Moonbin. He needs this relaxation before he'll go back working tomorrow.

As he was about to bite the second to the last crackers that he has, a squeak from the metal bars of their gate caught his attention. While the chips still on his lips, he looks up to be surprised by a ramp model marching towards their house.

He is confused as to why he is in front of their house. They look at each other never wanting to speak first. Moonbin was shocked indeed but also happy at the same time. Last week, he and Dongmin had raised their voice with each other but now he is looking at him right now. Right in front of their balcony.

Moonbin chewed the remaining chips in his mouth while staring unconsciously to the man that caused havoc in his mind this past few days. He looks different from his usual coat and ties which immense dominance. Today, he's just wearing casual with his hands in his pocket while carrying a backpack. 

Wow. I never knew that he was this handsome. Wait..why is he carrying a backpack anyway? Ow...Most importantly, what is my boss doing here?

"What? Am I too handsome that you are frozen there and forgot to invite me in? It's cold you know."

Ugh...he's too full of himself😡.

"Oh..yeah. Come in, Boss." Moonbin coed but gasp when he realizes something. 

In just a sec, Dongmin is already grabbing Moonbin's chin while wearing a mischievous smile.

"Minnie, call me boss once again, I will kiss you right here." 

Moonbin's eyes widened by what he heard and is blushing furiously. This is an open place and their neighbors can see them for Pete's sake!!! Moreover, Dongmin is giving him false hope too and he's afraid that he's falling to his charms now. His face was...was just too handsome to resist.

They are still in that trance when the door opens revealing a shock Kimmon.

"Bin? Oh, you have a visitor I see. Well, I'm going home now." Kimmon bowed before going off the gate.

"Who is he?" Asked by the now frowning Dongmin.

"Uhm...Kimmon? Well, he's helping me taking care of Mom. He slept here last night so I'm giving him a break."

"Really? 😡" Dongmin with an unamused tone. "Then, I'm sleeping here too." He declares as he dialed a number.

"What?!!!" 

What the hell is wrong with this guy?.

"Yes, Myungjun...tell Archen to bring me some extra clothes and office attire for tomorrow. I'm staying for the night. Okay good...and tell him to use the Blue Porsche Boxster. He's gonna leave it here. I'll just set him a cab on his way back. Bye."

"All set."

"Dongmin wait! What are doin---" Moonbin tried to confront the older about this crazy thing he did but was stopped with the bang of their front door.

Great...just great. He just closes him a door. In his own ing HOUSE!!!!