Chapter Thirteen

The Unforgotten Kiss

"Okay. What exactly are you doing here, Mr. Lee Dongmin?"

Moonbin with his annoyed tone. He's following his boss/ex-best friend's large strides towards their sala.

"Where's Tita?"

"Wait...Stop!" Thankfully he was able to cope up with his pace and grab his arm.

"Minnie, I asked you first. Where is Tita?"

Ugh, this guy is really annoying😡. 

"She's upstairs. In her room."

"How about Sua? I'd just heard that she was already discharged." The older asked once again but this time, he's is looking at the picture frames displayed on one of the cabinets in the sala. Mostly are pictures of Moonbin and his sibling. However, what caught Dongmin's attention was the small picture of a sleeping Moonbin when he was a kid. He's not dressed up like a girl but his hair was still long. 

"Hey, are you listening to me? You're smiling like a lunatic. Look, I've been standing here talking at you but it seems like you're not even listening-"---" You're cute."

"What?"

"I said, you're cute," Dongmin said as he still focuses on the picture.

Moonbin on the other hand, feel awkward because of his blushing cheeks. Yes, he heard Dongmin saying the same thing before but that was when he thinks that he's a girl however now, it's different. 

"How have you been?" Dongmin breaks the silence.

"Uhm...I'm fine. Surviving life so far." Moonbin answered with a bit of loneliness in his eyes. After all the burden that he went through, life has been a great battle for him.

"Look, Dongmin. I do want to chitchat with you right now, talk about life like before but I'm really confused as to why are you here? In my house?" Moonbin continues.

The older heave a deep sigh.

Averting his gaze from the latter's childhood picture, he faced Moonbin. 

"Well, I don't know!!!" Dongmin outbursts like frustration are eating him. The boy next door expression was gone. All Moonbin see is a stressed looking Dongmin who wants an answer to a lot of question in his mind.

"Stop shouting! There are patients in this house!" Moonbin retorted with a high pitch as well.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I want to ask you a lot of question and I don't know where to start." The older coed with discomfort while scratching the back of his head. A mannerism that Moonbin witnessed for years. They stayed like that for a few secs before a head pops up from one of the rooms upstairs.

"Something wrong Sir?"

"Wait...another one? Are you making this place of yours a hotel or something?"

"Shot up! He is Sua's nurse." Moonbin glared at the older because what he's acting like now is inappropriate. "There's nothing wrong Nine. By the way, this is Dongmin. Dongmin, this is Nine. My sister's residential nurse."

"Sawadee Sir Dongmin. Pleased to meet you." The nurse wai at Dongmin.

"Oh, you're a Thai too?"

"Yes, P'krub. Then if there's nothing wrong, I'll go back to my patient." The nurse excuse himself.

Once they are alone again, Moonbin feels awkward while facing his boss.

"Some habits never change. Aren't they?"

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Moonbin asked out of confusion.

Dongmin smiled. A genuine one.

"Scratching your neck if your shy is your habit that I have the fun of watching. Ever since we were kids"

"Oh..uhm y-yeah. Kinda." Moonbin's awkwardness heightens due to the fact that his conscious about Dongmin watching him.

"So...uhm. Minnie, can you please tell me why you guys left before? Did you know that I ran to your house? Maybe hoping that I could catch up with you but I was too late. You guys were gone. No text, no email, nothing." 

Moonbin's eyes widened with what he just heard. Actually, he tried to send him a message but every time he started to type something or either dialing the latter's phone, he stops midway thinking that his best friend is still disgusted with him. He saw how Dongmin got angry when he knew that he lied to him. Plus he changed his number so the latter could not reach him too.

"I was afraid. Afraid that you're disgusted with who and what I am. Besides, Sua's condition is becoming worse day by day so we seek for good medication. Dad exhausted all of our funds to cure her but its still not enough. Gladly her body is responding to the chemo now. However, we lost a dad."

"Oh... I'm sorry. I understand your burden. I lost my parents too when I was young and Minnie, I will not devour your lips if I feel disgusted."

ert

"Yeah, I heard that. How are you with Cha's anyway?" Moonbin as he tried to divert the topic. Jeez, this man is a fruit of Adam. In short, a living seduction.

"The Cha family were so good to me. They treated me like their own son."

Dongmin smirked knowing what Moonbin is trying to do.

"Glad to hear that. Look, I'm really sorry ok? I know that I hurt your feelings when I lied to you before but I never intend to. I was young back then and all I think of are all the fun things we shared."

"So you're already like that since we were young?"

"What do you mean? Me being gay?"

Dongmin nodded.

"I not really sure but when I started to have feelings with a guy before, I accepted the fact that I'm not straight. Those times of me dressing like a girl, it was my mom's obsession. She wanted to have all-girls as her children but unlucky for her, I was born."

"I see. Well, I'm sorry for being a jerk too. I let my emotion took me at that time. I felt betrayed and I can't just forgive you. Besides, I don't know your story."

Moonbin can't believe this. Talking to Dongmin once again and...

"Y-you mean, you're forgiving me?"

God...he almost cried.

He was so happy.

"Yeah. Truce." 

"Thank y---"

But Moonbin wasn't able to continue when a warm and crushing hug envelopes him.

"I missed you so much, Minnie." 

Dongmin's hug was so tight and Moonbin could feel how serious his friend was but his own heartbeat tells otherwise. The proximity of their body is creating an unexplained feeling inside him. This time, he wanted to cry because he is now sure that he does look at his friend in another way. Maybe he has fallen with those seductions and kisses that Dongmin gave him for revenge in the past. He would bet his hand, this friend of him is a womanizer. Besides, he has Lisa. A very beautiful fiance that every straight man could wish for. 

I wish I am a woman too.

Moonbin thought as he answers Dongmin's embrace with the same warmth. 

Yes, he just realizes that he's falling in love with his best friend and even he didn't start to fight yet, the game is already over. Well look at him and compare him to Lisa. Dongmin also has what he has including what's down there while Lisa has the beauty, the curves, the cleavage, and that kitten underneath her undergarments that will surely attract guys. Him, his just nothing. No flowery introduction, no extraordinary feature. Just a simple Moonbin period.

"Hey Minnie, do you still remember your promise when we were on that hill while waiting for Mr. Sunny to rise?"

"Which one? The 'we will stay with each other forever' or the...."

"Yes. Continue."

"Uhm...O-or the 'I-I w-will...uhm..."

"That you will love me forever and ever."

"Uhmm...yeah that one..."

"Why? What's wrong in saying you love me?"

Because... I really mean it. I love you. You idiot!!!

"N-nothing. Definitely, there's nothing wrong with it. Were best buddies."

"There. Much better."

Then the older sits on the sofa while setting his backpack beside him.

"You're really serious about spending the night here?"

"Why? We're friends now right?"

"Yeah, but the guest room is occupied by Nine and we don't have any spare rooms."

"Then I'll sleep in your room."

"WHAT? No..no...no..definitely a big No."

"Aw...why? 😦 you said that you love me. Why can't I share your bed?"

"Because...because...uhg... it's a no. Period."

"Well, I don't accept a no for an answer. I would never become the raging tiger in the business world for nothing. So I am sleeping with you. Period."

Uhg..he's really stubborn.

"Fine. Suit yourself. I'm cooking dinner so behave."

Moonbin gave up. He will never win against Dongmin's stubbornness anyway. So, he just walks in the kitchen to cook for them but this time, he will prepare Dongmin's favorites.

A moment later, the sound of a car engine followed by a honk caught Moonbin's attention. As he was about to get it, Nine is already approaching the front door.

"I'll take it from here Sir."

"Oh alright. Thank you, Nine."

Then he went back to the kitchen. He checks the meat if it's already tender then poured the carrots, potatoes, green peas then the tomato sauce. Once the veggies are tender he added the chopped hotdogs. 

(This is a famous food in the Philippines. Its called Menudo. Sorry, I'm a Kpop fan but I don't know much about Korean cuisine.

This is how it looks like.)

"Wow!!!! That smells pretty familiar. You still remember my favorite food!!"

"Yah!! What was that for?" 

"It's my thank you for cooking for me. You will be a great wife someday."

Moonbin feels like his gonna explode. His cheeks were so red right after Dongmin pecks on it.

"A wife huh? As if you know that I bottom."

"Oh please...I can tell."

Ouchhhhh!!!!!! WHY THE HELL DID YOU KICK ME?

"Who was that?"

"Huh? That sounds like Archen."

"Archen? Who's Archen? And what is he doing in my house?"

"He's one of my butlers. I called him to bring my car and office suits but why the hell is he screaming?"

Then they look at each other.

"Nine!!!"

---------------------

"You deserve that you prick!!!"

"Hey. What's going on here?"

Moonbin and Dongmin rushed out to check about the screaming and what they found was a young man. Probably 20-21 years old being pinned to the ground by Nine. If this is not serious, Moonbin would say that they look cute in that position.

"I'm sorry Sir for this but I just hate this guy. He tried to hit me."

"What are you saying? I just said 'hi cutie' then I ruffled his hair but he twisted my hand and kicked my ."

Now they understood what Nine means when he said that this guy is hitting him. Well, Nine is indeed very cute. He doesn't look 24 years old. 18 years old perhaps.

"Alright. You two, stop that. Archen give me the car key."

"Yes P." Then the younger tossed the car key to his boss. "Sir Myungjun also packed some extra clothes for you. It's right at the back of the car."

"Thanks, bro. I had booked a cab for you too. "

"Wait. Archen, stay with us until dinner. I cooked a lot of food for everyone and we cannot finish it."

"Sure. I would also like to taste my boss's wif---"/ "Archen!!! Shut that ing mouth of yours or I will kick you out of the gate!"

"Ok..ok... My mouth is zipped boss."

"What is it?" Moonbin asked.

"Nah...none of your business." Dongmin answers while pushing the latter inside the house.

---------------------