Entering the Wolf's Den

Burning Ice and Hearts

At some point during the movie, Jongin fell asleep, while still clutching Sehun tightly to him. The movie was nearing the end and Sehun was unsure of whether to wake Jongin or just head up to bed without him, which would have been okay had they not been sharing a room. 

As soon as the credits began to roll, Sehun decided to wake Jongin up when Jungwoo beat him to it. Jungwoo had sat up straight on the chair and gotten really close to Jongin's face before yelling, "NINIIIIIIIIIIII!!!" at the top of his lungs. 

This led to Jongin jumping out of his sleep and jumping up, effectively loosening his grip on Sehun and causing him to fall off the couch. As soon as Jongin realized what had happened, he bent down to lend Sehun a hand. "I'm sorry, my brother's an idiot." 

Jungwoo just shoved him playfully while sticking his tongue out and excusing himself to go to bed. This left Sehun and Jongin alone. It was slightly awkward, Sehun would admit, but they had to get used to it. 

They headed up to their room in silence. Sehun went to use the washroom before he walked in the room. Boy, did he wish he could cover himself under six feet of dirt and hide because Jongin was facing away from him completely, . The kind of a newborn baby is and Sehun was internally panicking.

He wasn't sure if he should look, not look, say something, pretend that he never saw because he was out of the room while Jongin was changing.  But then again, the room had a lock and if Jongin didn't want Sehun to see he would have locked his door, they were sharing a room. 

Sehun decided to save them both embarrassment and slowly crept back to the door, trying to quietly leave before Jongin spoke up. "I know you're in here. I can scent you. Wolf, remember." , Sehun thought. 

"I uh, it's just that you're. Well you're ." Sehun spluttered. Jongin turned around and quirked an eyebrow upwards in silent questioning as if he could see nothing wrong with their current situation. "Yeah, so." He answered. 

Sehun could feel his face heating up. "What don't you see about how strange this situation is." Sehun told him, making sure to keep his eyes skyward. He had already seen all of Jongin from the back and didn't plan on seeing all of Jongin from the front. At least not in these circumstances. 

"Oh!" Jongin exclaimed before slapping his head in some sort of realization. "Kind of forgot you were a vampire for a second. You know, for wolves, given all the shifting and destruction of clothes every now and again, we've become accustomed to changing in front of each other and just hanging around ." 

"Well you sure are hanging right now." Sehun muttered before he could stop the words from coming out of his mouth. Jongin just laughed at that, before walking back to his dresser. "You can look, turn away, do whatever you want. I don't particularily care." Jongin said nonchalantly. 

Sehun just looked forward and went for the clothes he had laid out before going downstairs, for him to change into. He then ran back out and into the washroom to change. 

Thankfully when he came back out, Jongin was wearing boxers and a tank top. He hurried into his bed, hoping Jongin would not say anything, but not really caring if he saw him like this. "Nice booty shorts. Scratch that, nice booty." Jongin commented. 

Sehun had a scandalized look come over his face before he turned to Jongin in horror. "Really?!" He asked. Jongin just shrugged. "I mean, if we are going to make a relationship work, I am going to admire. And that of yours should certainly be admired." Jongin said before turning onto his side in bed and closing his eyes. 

Sehun just rolled his eyes, taking a good look at himself. He was wearing a tank top himself and a pair of booty shorts. What? He found them comfortable. He got into bed and snuggled down into the blankets. He didn't have time to feel nervous about Jongin being right there or anything else, because he was so tired, he fell asleep almost immediately. 

***

When Sehun woke up the following morning, he could vaguely hear faint sounds of grunting and felt his eyes growing wide. He hesitantly looked towards the source of the noise, which was coming from Jongin's side and saw the man working out with headphones is. It was clear he was trying to be as quiet as possible so as to not disturb Sehun. Sehun sighed in relief glad that it wasn't what he thought it was, admonishing himself for his dirty mind before he got up. He looked at the time and saw that it was 6:30 and they didn't need to head to school until 8:00 so he had time to spare.

He got up and went into the washroom to brush his teeth before he wandered back into the room and joined Jongin in his workout session. By now, Jongin had pulled his headphones out. "Looks even better when you're working out." Jongin said, breaking the silence. 

Sehun looked over at him in confusion, "What does?" He asked. Jongin just glanced at him before pointedly looking at his . Sehun just sighed before continuing his workout. It was probably a good thing that his potential marriage partner liked the look of his . Sehun wondered if Jongin liked the way he looked overall, because Sehun sure felt an intense attraction towards Jongin. 

He decided to be upfront about it. "Jongin, just out of curiosity. Do you find me attractive?" Jongin paused, mid-lunge, and looked over at Sehun. "Yes, I find you extremely beautiful. Why?" Jongin asked. 

Sehun just shrugged. "Well, I find you attractive and I just wanted to know if you found me attractive." Jongin looked over at him and spoke calmly, "Yes, ultimately looks have nothing to do with it. It has to do with your personality and how well we work together. You could find someone attractive and hate them for their behaviour, besides, when you like a person's personality there's not a chance you would find them ugly. And even then, if you like someone's personality, it doesn't guarantee that you would get along romantically, so this attraction to each other is not what we need right now. It makes things easier but it's not the end goal." Jongin said before grabbing his towel, "I'm going to go take a shower now," he said before leaving the room. 

Sehun contemplated on Jongin's words while continuing his workout. Everything Jongin had just said was the truth and because of that, they needed to work on getting to know each other better. Their relationship couldn't form if not. 

As soon as Jongin stepped out of the shower, Sehun went in. After he finished getting dressed, he went downstairs and joined Jongin for breakfast. He saw Jongin mixing pancake batter and decided to help. While Jongin stirred the batter, he turned the stove on and let the pan heat while he hunted in the fridge and cupboards. 

Sehun came forward with chocolate chips and blueberries. Jongin happily added them into the mix before they got to work making them. They created a peaceful work balance. Jongin would spread the mixture and Sehun was in charge of flipping. When they had finished making all the batter, Sehun washed whatever they used, since Jongin had mixed the batter and then they set everything on the table. 

Jongin then pulled out a blender and set it up. He grabbed some bananas, milk, yogurt, and strawberries. Instantly Sehun was by his side, eager. "I love strawberry banana smoothies." Sehun said, lighting up. Jongin looked over at him in surprise. "Seriously, no one does. Taemin and Jungwoo are such losers, they always say that it's nasty. The two of them really just hate the taste of mashed bananas though." Jongin complained. "I know what you mean, Luhan and Jisung always make these ugly faces when you even mention strawberry banana smoothies." 

Sehun then made the face to show Jongin and they both ended up laughing. They got to work making the smoothies and sat down with a big glass each before everyone else started to show up downstairs one by one. Jungwoo came down with a smile on his face, looking ready for the day. Taemin looked like he couldn't care about anything and Jisung just looked like he was ready to murder someone. "Well, good morning sunshine." Sehun chirped happily. Jisung just grumbled in annoyance, "Shut up, Sehun. And what is that nasty smell?" He said before looking down at the drinks in Sehun and Jongin's hands. 

"Ew! Strawberry banana." Taemin and Jungwoo said at the same time. Jongin just kicked the two of their legs under the table and went back to happily drinking his smoothie. Him and Sehun had finished eating and were just enjoying their smoothies. 

"By the way Sehun," Jungwoo started thoughtfully while chewing, "How's your feeling, after what Jongin did last night, I'm sure it's hurting." 

Taemin started choking and went into a coughing fit while Jisung finally looked awake. "What did Jongin do to Sehun last night?" Taemin asked. 

"Oh, he accidentally pushed Sehun off the couch last night when we were watching a movie. Sehun fell pretty hard, I'm sure it would still be hurting." Jungwoo said, completely oblivious to how he had taken the entire situation way out of context. Jongin and Sehun had remained silent and were trying to remain unseen. 

"He seems fine, if his swoll, it wouldn't show with how fat it is and given all that fat, it protected him enough that it wouldn't bruise. He probably didn't even feel it." Jongin said, joking around. 

"Um, how do you even know what his looks like?" Taemin asked, looking even more grossed out, at the same time as Jisung cut in, "Yeah, everyone at home makes fun of him for it. Luhan even named his . He calls it the sebooty." 

At this, everyone got really quiet before they all busted out laughing. "The sebooty! Really? That's sounds so dumb." Taemin said, crouched over laughing. When he finally finished and caught his breath, he turned to Jongin. "That still doesn't explain how you know." Taemin said causing Jongin to immediately stop laughing. 

"Nothing of that nature happened. Gosh, you guys. I just like to sleep in booty shorts, I find them really comfortable. I know it's weird and I blame it completely on my taker nature." Sehun suddenly shouted, causining everyone to laugh again. 

"Ah, we're late," Jungwoo suddenly said. They all jumpedn up grabbing their bags, before saying goodbye to Taemin and running out. " I would let you both run alongside us, but we could cut that running time if you just got on our backs. Jisung you go with Jungwoo and Sehun you're with me." Jongin said, before going behind a tree to strip. He threw his clothes in a backpack before shifting. Jungwoo did the same.

Jisung climbed onto Jungwoo's back, holding tight to his neck and Sehun went to climb onto Jongin when he saw how big he was. That's what she said. He though laughing internally. Jongin was indeed a huge dark brown wolf. 

He looked beautiful as he was threatening. Sehun did not feel scared, however. Not just because he knew that Jongin would not harm him but also because he was a threat himself and knew he could handle combat with a wolf. He gracefully jumped on before leaning down and wrapping his arms tightly around Jongin's neck. It wasn't long they were shooting off, Jisung and Jungwoo beside them. 

Sehun knew how freeing running felt, but he had never experienced such speed and even being on top of Jongin, he could feel the sheer strength in Jongin's legs. 

As soon as they reached the school, Sehun and Jisung jumped off before Jungwoo and Jongin headed in to a separate corner around the school that was meant for wolves to shift and change. There were certain perks to being out and known to the world. 

Sehun was just standing there with Jisung waiting when this guy walked up to them. "I'm going to assume that you're a vampire given how pale you are." He said staring at Sehun and Jisung. 

"Wow! What an comment. That's just so damn stereotypical. Let's get one thing straight, sure, stereotypes do come from some inkling of truth and so has the one about vampires being pale. That used to be true for all vampires because of the whole, 'Oh no, the sun!,' but now we have access and exposure to the sun without being vulnerable so vampires can now tan and are no longer pale. That and the whole bloodless idea, because we can now eat human food as well, our hearts do pump, just at a muuuch slower rate and blood flows in our body so we won't be pale on that account. You calling me a vampire because I'm pale is stereotypical and can be racist because it insinuates that I can't be pale as an Asian. So come again with that comment. I do happen to be a vampire though, but the only way you would be able to truly tell is if you see my teeth." Sehun ranted. 

"You assume I'm an just because of that comment." The guy said, looking pissed. "No, I assume you're an , because I can just tell." Sehun said. 

"The way I can tell you're a vampire." The guy continued, "No, no one that is not an would drop that comment as a first greeting. Maybe as a joke, a friend would but that comes way later." Sehun said, crossing his arms over his chest. It was then that Jongin ad Jungwoo appeared and Jongin grabbed Sehun's hand, prepared to lead Sehun into the school. "Oh, you must be a wolf, you know, you've got that tan going. Seems like you guys are together. I wonder how your life works. Vampires are stiff, you know since they're dead and you don't look like the one to take it up the so he must. Seems complicated, the whole thing." The guy said, making Jongin halt and turn around angrily. 

"Not all Asians are yellow. In fact, that's pretty untrue. Varying shades of colour actually, some might have a yellowish complexion, but so do some white people. My brother here is a wolf too, except he's not tan. And yeah, we are together, but what we do is none of your business. Besides, he's definitely not stiff, kind of squishy, I mean, have you seen his . You're an though." Jongin said before grabbing hold of Jisung and Sehun and leading them away. 

Sehun turned back and said smugly, "Told you so." Before walking away. 

As they walked down the corridors together, with Jongin and Jungwoo explaining where everything is and pointing everything out, Sehun turned to them and asked. "Hey, so, given how far vampire life has come and really, all of us have in terms of technology. You would think they would design clothes for werewolves that don't rip when you transform." 

Jongin nodded. "They have, but the material is hard to come by, so it's extremely expensive. Most wolves can't afford it. Us included." Jungwoo explained. 

Sehun nodded. Most wolves couldn't afford it, but it seemed like most vampires could, especially the ones whose daddy was clan leader. Sehun could make a few calls. He thought Jongin and his brothers would appreciate the gesture.