Enter the Wolf's Competition

Burning Ice and Hearts

The days began to go by peacefully and without incident. Jongin and Sehun were going out on small dates and practicing their dance moves in the forest every so often, they had begun to fall into a comfortable routine where they were more relaxed around each other and able to act freely.

 

Yifan was a problem that faded into the difference. Sehun knew that if it weren't for Jongin, he would definitely have gotten back with Yifan but now that he had Jongin -despite their relationship being premature- he felt there was a connection worth pursuing and that leaving him wasn't an option. 

 

Unfortunately, their peaceful couple months of leisure days and finding out more about each other, and of course falling into a proper school routine and getting into the workload and material easily, Yifan showed up, like promised. 

 

It was lunch and Sehun was sitting with Jongin, although they always say together, they didn't have any specific or designated table. 

 

Jongin and Sehun were as usual, sharing their food -they figured out it was easier to buy different foods and just share all of it together- when Yifan suddenly sat down between them, effectively pushing them away from each other and causing Jongin to drop a piece of food that was dangling off his spoon inches away from his mouth, onto his shirt and Sehun to let go of the tray, smacking himself in the face. 

 

Sehun turned with a glare to Yifan because that hurt and started to open his mouth to berate him when he noticed Jongin the food off his shirt. 

 

His face fell into one of bewilderment as his brain tried to process the scene before him. "Kim Jongin, what the ?!" Sehun eloquently spoke. 

 

Jongin just looked up at him innocently. "What, I didn't want to waste the food. Besides, I know how clean this shirt is and I know how clean my mouth is." He retorted while now trying to wipe the stains off his shirt, food long eaten. 

 

Sehun let out a long drawn sigh. "I guess?" He said before turning back to Yifan who was a huge -and creepy- grin on his face, only toned down by his gums showing.

 

"I told you I wouldn't give up. I did want to let you get settled into school first before I became a distraction." Yifan told Sehun while casually eating from his tray. 

 

"Yifan, I already tried to ease the idea of a onto Jongin. He's not having it, now it's time for you to go." Sehun said sarcastically while trying to gently shove Yifan away. 

 

"Sehun are you still talking . The whole joke isn't even funny. Be serious." Kris replied not budging even a little. 

 

"Ew are you eating chicken. So not my style." Yifan said while directing a look of disgust towards Jongin. 

 

"But you dated Sheun with his chicken legs and long scrawny neck. He practically looks like a chicken himself." Jongin said with a full mouth. 

 

At this Sehun just looked offended. 

 

"Sehun is nothing like a chicken." Yifan said, not knowing how else to retort to that. 

 

"Don't look so offended Hun. I love chicken, and I didn't mean it like you, you know I love you y long legs and that soft neck of yours." Jongin retorted.

 

"The only thing you love is my ." Sehun muttered under his breath. 

 

"That too." 

 

"Thanks." 

 

"Um are you guys gonna continue this horrendous attempt at flirting or can I jump in now." Yifan suddenly interrupted. 

 

"You pushed yourself in from the start so do whatever you want." Jongin told him before going back to peacefully eating his food. 

 

"Sehun, I'm a much bigger catch than Jongin, can't you see." Yifan said, holding Sehun's hands now. 

 

"I can see that you are indeed bigger than him. I would assume your genetics play a role in this." Sehun calmly explained. 

 

"Sehun I'm a better match for you." Yifan tried again. 

 

"I don't need matches anymore. We have lighters now." 

 

"We made each other feel alive."

 

"Hah. Rich talk coming from one supposed undead creature to another."

 

"You gave me butterflies in my stomach."

 

"So does spicy food." 

 

"You're the hottest thing I've ever laid eyes on."

 

"I take it you've never seen the sun. Seems like you're really living up that vampire stereotype." 

 

"Best I've ever had."

 

"Can't argue with you there."

 

"Hey!" Jongin suddenly shouted gaining the attention of the increasingly frustrated Yifan and bored Sehun. 

 

"Fair point Jongin, it's not like we've had so you can't be offended."

 

"Okay then." Jongin said before pulling out his phone to watch something. Was that Ten singing ring ding dong? Never mind that

 

"Sehun we should still be together."

 

Sehun looked to Yifan now before speaking, his gaze softening. "Honestly Yifan, if you didn't have to leave, we probably would still be together. But I am in a relationship right now. I don't love Jongin, but I see myself getting there and I've come to care deeply for him. I want to continue this relationship with him and see where we go, together. There's no longer space for our ended relationship. Not unless you can settle for being friends." 

 

Yifan looked contemplative. "I guess so. But the moment he slips up, I'll slip under... You." 

 

---

I hate this chapter. I have no idea what direction I want to go to from here and I know this is a ty and short update but I'm going to try and brainstorm how to take it from here to bring a plot to this plotless story. I'm so sorry. You guys definitely deserve better