Enter the Wolf's Anger

Burning Ice and Hearts

Sehun noticed that the looks had changed from glares to looks of appreciation, however the looks weren't from females anymore. 

 

No, the females were completely avoiding meeting his gaze, most likely from embarrassment. Sehun felt smug. 

 

The males in the school, well not all of them, were shooting Sehun appreciative glances, some unabashedly checking him out. 

 

Sehun figured they'd get over it, if not, looks of appreciation were more welcome than flat out rude glares. 

 

Jongin texted him 

 

Jongin: A bunch of people have been high fiving and congratulating me. Thanks, it seems like I've attained an untouchable status having someone as y as you all over me. ;) 

 

Sehun snickered, rolling his eyes. It seemed that Jongin was reaping the benefits of his actions. 

 

Sehun made his way into class. As he sat down and paid attention to the lesson, someone walked in. 

 

"I'm sorry I'm late. My flight back was delayed and I tried to be back to school as soon as I could." A familiar voice said. 

 

Sehun's head shot up and looked at the source of the voice. No, it can't be! 

 

It was Sehun's ex boyfriend. Wu Yifan. How was he here and why was he here. The last Sehun knew and the reason they broke up was that Yifan had to move away due to his father's relocation for his job. 

 

How could they end up in the same school, what were the odds of that happening, Sehun thought to himself. 

 

"It's okay, we understand Yifan. Just sit down and get settled. 

 

And of course, where else would Yifan sit other than where Sehun is. 

 

Sehun hung his head low, hoping to hide his face from the view of Yifan. 

 

"Excuse me. Sorry to be like this but that's my seat. I was out of the country for a bit so I can't blame you for taking it, but my books are inside the desk, if I could grab them of if you could move over that would be helpful." Yifan said. 

 

So much for hiding, Sehun thought. He wondered why there were extra textbooks and when he was going to tell the teacher, a student sitting near him told him to just leave it, they belong to another student. 

 

Sehun figured there was a lazy student who just left the books for that class in the class so that he didn't have to carry it around with him and must take this class in a different period and left it alone. Guess he was wrong. 

 

"Yeah sure, I'll give you the books. Tomorrow we'll switch seats, it'd be better not to move all our stuff and ourselves in the middle of class." Sehun said raising his head a little to glance at Yifan and hand him his books. 

 

"Sehun!" Yifan asked in shock. "What are you doing here." 

 

"Not now Yifan. We'll talk after class, we don't need to disturb class and get in trouble." 

 

Yifan nodded in understanding and took his seats, grabbing his books from Sehun with a, "Thanks." 

 

They resumed class as usual, Sehun actively avoiding looking at Yifan and Yifan blatantly staring at Sehun all throughout class. 

 

It didn't help that Sehun noticed how good Yifan looked. He always looked good, of course. But his hair was no longer bleached blond and was instead his natural shade of black and wasn't floppy and hanging anymore. It was cut nicely, with slightly shaved sides and bangs falling over his eyes. He had also gotten broader and taller since Sehun last saw him. 

 

Sehun had always wondered where they would have ended up had Yifan not moved. He didn't want the answer anymore, not when he had Jongin. 

 

As soon as class ended, Yifan shoved his books back in the desk -Sehun was right about his earlier thoughts, at least partially- and waited for Sehun to pack his things up before he led Sehun out of class and into somewhere private. 

 

As soon as they were in a semi secluded corner, Yifan pulled Sehun into his arms. He cupped Sehun's face and before Sehun could register his actions, he was being pressed against the wall with Yifan's lips insistent on his own. 

 

Sehun didn't respond to the kiss instead trying to push Yifan away from him all while staring with wide open eyes. 

 

"The are you doing?!" Jongin's voice was heard before he yanked Yifan off of Sehun and pulled Sehun towards him, locking an arm around him.

 

"You good Sehun? I saw this guy force a kiss on you. Can't you tell when someone doesn't want it?" Jongin asked Sehun then directed his questioning towards Yifan. 

 

"I just really missed you Hunnie." Yifan said, gazing longingly and lovingly at Sehun. 

 

"How do you know him?" Jongin asked. 

 

This time Sehun stepped forward, holding Jongin's hand. "Jongin, this is Yifan, my ex-boyfriend. Yifan this is Jongin, my current boyfriend." Sehun introduced looking painfully awkward.

 

Jongin and Yifan both had looks of understanding dawn on them. "Guess I should have asked if you were seeing anyone before I did that." Yifan said sheepishly. 

 

"Yeah." Jongin replied in a serious tone. "You should have." 

 

"So, you're a wolf." Yifan said, subtly sniffing the air and giving Jongin a once over.

 

"Yeah, what's it to you?" Jongin answered seeming ready to walk away now. 

 

"Wouldn't you think Sehun would do better with one of his own kind?" Yifan answered. 

 

"No, because vampire-werewolf couples and breeding have proved their children to be the strongest and the species themselves seem extremely compatible. Sehun and I seem to get along just fine as well. Besides its not really your business." Jongin spat. 

 

"Seems like you're doing better than well. Sehun your blood." Yifan retorted knowingly, crossing his arms across his chest and glancing towards the mark on Jongin's neck.

 

"How do you know this isn't just a hickey?" Jongin asked in a more abrasive tone now.

 

"Cause Sehun and I have experimented and drank each other's blood enough for me to know what the mark looks like, I've also left more than enough hickeys on Sehun's skin for me to know very well what they look like as well." Yifan replied confidently. 

 

"Okay, Yifan you need to stop provoking Jongin. He already knows I've tried biting and being bitten by another vampire and that I'm no , so your taunts are falling short. Please stop the useless testosterone contest now. I'm with Jongin and that's that." Sehun said coming in between the two and steering Jongin away from Yifan. 

 

Yifan sneered at Jongin. He really wasn't expecting Sehun to be with anyone. He had high hopes of finishing school and moving to a college near Sehun so they could be together again. He was so happy when he saw that Sehun was now in the same school as him but it seems like winning him over again wouldn't be quite so simple with Jongin in the picture. 

 

----

 

"Jongin are you mad? I didn't mean to kiss him, it was honestly nothing." Sehun said, trying not to sound like a guilty person pleading for innocence. 

 

"I know." Jongin said, "I saw everything. I thought it was just some random dude trying to force himself on you though." Jongin shook his head before continuing, "It doesn't matter though. It doesn't change the fact that he initiated it and you tried to push him away. I don't blame you and I don't hold whatever happened between you and him in the past against you. That also doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt to hear about it." Jongin said sadly. 

 

"Of course not." Sehun said, rubbing a hand up and down Jongin's back soothingly. 

 

"So why'd you break up?" Jongin asked. "He seems like a bit of a prick to me, but maybe that's because we clearly don't like each other. Other than that he's definitely an extremely attractive guy and I've seen him around before, he seemed nice enough before." 

 

"Well, we didn't want to break up really. He moved out here a few years ago because of his father's work and we couldn't do the long distance. We agreed not to hold each other back and end up hating each other. We would have tried if we knew how long we'd have been apart but because of the unknowns we ended up just breaking up. Honestly, he told me that he would come back for me and up until I met you, I probably would have gotten back together with him without a second thought but now things have changed. I have you and I don't want to let you go." Sehun said with sincere honesty. 

 

"He's probably not going to give you up so easily. Seems like he also planned on getting back with you and wasn't expecting a rival." Jongin let out along with a deep sigh. 

 

"Heh, maybe I should hold true to what I told Jungwoo and just invite him for a . I mean you did say he was attractive yourself." Sehun jokingly said.

 

Jongin's head whipped around to look at Sehun so fast Sehun thought he got whiplash (Iseungane all stop eomeomida. Baneungeul hae pparagae. Sh-shawty give me whip whiplash)

 

"That is not happening." Jongin stated with a voice of finalty.

 

"Don't be so sure. The need to be adamant on a topic is usually what bites people in the and makes people do the very thing they say they wouldn't." Sehun teased. 

 

"Okay, I wouldn't rather not participate in a you creep." Jongin said pushing Sehun's head away from him. 

 

Sehun just grinned broadly. "We'll see." He said in a sing song voice before prancing away from Jongin towards his class. 

 

---------

 

I know this chapter is short but I have no ideas. Usually I brainstorm after writing a chapter to try and write the next one with the end goal in mind but I couldn't think of anything and just started writing this one. I wasn't planning on introducing a love rival because I find it repetitive, but I thought I could make this into something funny. There's not really going to be much of a competition and it won't be annoying. 

 

I'll try to come up with better ideas.