Entering the Wolf's Heart

Burning Ice and Hearts

As Sehun lay in bed, Jongin turned off the lights and slipped under the covers with him, bringing a scared and shivering Sehun close to his body. 

 

Jongin was scared himself but he was also determined. Determined to do everything in his power to try and save Sehun, until then, he wouldn't give up. 

 

"Will you sleep with me Jongin?" Sehun asked meekly. "I already am, aren't I." Came the quiet reply. 

 

"No Jongin, will you make love to me?" Sehun then clarified. Jongin had to reel in his shock to answer Sehun. "No." He said too quickly and he didn't miss the hurt look on Sehun's face or how he curled in on himself and away from Jongin. 

 

"No! What I mean is that. I don't want our first time to be like this. With you weak and sad and just looking for consolation. Sehun-ah" Jongin spoke while looking into Sehun's eyes and holding his hands, "We're going to cure you, and when you get better, we'll let it happen naturally. I want it to be the most meaningful and while you wanting to sleep with me now would be meaningful, it would be meaningful in a different way. Tell me Sehun, would you have done it just like his had you been healthy?" Jongin asked with his voice cracking. 

 

"No, I would have waited until it just felt like the right moment. No one would have needed to ask, it would have just happened." 

 

"So when you're cured, that's when it will happen." Jongin stated with finalty.

 

Sehun nodded his head, understanding Jongin's point before he snuggled up to Jongin again. Pushing one arm under him and one arm over him while Jongin did the same, it was slightly awkward but they lay there facing each other and in each other's arms. As awkward as the positioning was, it felt so comfortable and intimate to only them. 

 

Jongin lay a feather light kiss on Sehun's lips before resting his forehead on Sehun's and they finally fell asleep. 

 

When Jongin woke up, Sehun was nowhere to be found. He was panicking, but then he sniffed around for a bit and recognized Sehun's scent with blood around it, following him to the bathroom where Sehun looked like he was vomiting his soul up. 

 

Jongin's heart clenched painfully not wanting to witness the person he cared for in such pain but also not wanting to leave him alone. 

 

Jongin bent down, rubbing a hand up and down Sehun's back comfortingly and tried to soothe him. 

 

It took a little while but eventually the vomiting stopped and they came out the washroom. 

 

When Jongin led them to the small fridge full of blood, to help replenish Sehun's energy, he was surprised to see it jam packed. Literally. 

 

"Jisung then came into the kitchen, sipping on a mug of coffee when he spoke up, "I decided to head to the doctor to get the medication for Sehun, which wasn't as easy as it sounds since Sehun wasn't with me, but a while later and Sehun's hospital band, thank goodness they give those, he gave me the medicine and extra blood. The hospital will be supplying that in extra since he'll need it." Jisung explained before tossing a rather large bottle over. 

 

Jongin opened it seeing hundreds of small round pills inside before looking at Jisung as if needing further explanation. "It's one a day, every day." Jongin nodded before shaking one out of the bottle and handing it to Sehun before grabbing a glass of water. 

 

When Sehun sat down and grabbed a bowl and cereal, Jongin walked over to grab a blood bag which Sehun downed before peacefully eating his cereal. 

 

They all gathered on the couch soon after, watching Avatar, since Sehun got them all hooked on it, and Jungwoo and Taemin showed up soon after -they probably heard the opening for Avatar and came down- and joined them. 

 

"You must look within yourself to find yourself and only then will your true self reveal itself. Ugh even when I am him I still don't understand what he means." The sound from the TV came out before the front door opened and closed. 

 

Jongin paused the show before tuning to look at who came in, just like everyone else. To his surprise it was his dad. "Alpha." Jungwoo and Taemin greeted before nodding their heads in acknowledgement and respect towards their pack leader. 

 

Through the door, still opened then walked Jongin and Taemin's mother. 

 

"Mom!" Taemin exclaimed happily, before he took off her shoes, closing the door and walking over to embrace Taemin, Jongin, and Jungwoo. "Hello my sweet boys." 

 

"Hey mom. What brings you and dad by, you weren't supposed to come anytime soon. Aren't you guys supposed to be enjoying a nice vacation?" Jongin asked. 

 

"Hello Alpha, Luna." Sehun then greeted, staying quiet for the time it took the family to greet each other. Jisung repeated his sentiments. 

 

"Hello again, Sehun and Jisung. I'll leave the reason to our visit to your father Jongin." Jongin's mother said before she sat down on the love seat  beside the couch they were on, the one that faced their direction. 

 

Jongin's father then took off his shoes as well, before joining his mate on the love seat. 

 

"I heard about Sehun's illness and we would like to express our deepest apologies and concerns. We also think it would be best to send you back to your family so that you may receive their care and attention and you would be surrounded by your family. This arrangement between the two of you is also over now. There will be no marriage, there can't be, unfortunately. Jongin, you will also need to consider a different prospective marriage. Although another vampire would be ideal, we can look into strong werewolves as well." Jongin's father said. Understanding the situation with Sehun and his terminal illness.

 

Jongin knew his father had little emotional tact but this was a bit much. Saying all of this in front of Sehun was insensitive. He was ill, but he was not dead and gone already. It's not like hearing the idea of him leaving and knowing Jongin would just move on from him made him feel better with the knowledge that he would be dead, so it's not like Jongin could make use of him. 

 

Jongin grit his teeth. "No. I'm with Sehun and that's that. He's still alive and I'd like to keep it that way." 

 

Jongin's father looked out of sorts. "Jongin he is terminal, what do you expect? It's time to consider other options." 

 

"There are other options I'm considering, the ancient vampires have a cure for the valinean disease and will be able to help Sehun. He can fight this off and then stay with me. We won't need anybody else. I don't want anybody else. But I do want to help Sehun find who can help him and make sure he receives the help he desperately needs." Jongin ranted, steadily raising his voice. 

 

"Son you would put yourself at risk and in danger?" Jongin's father asked, leaving the unsaid to hang in the balance, for him?

 

"I love him. I love Sehun and I won't allow him to just give up like this." Sehun took an audible breath at that, looking shocked and teary eyed. He looked awestruck and happy beyond belief. 

 

It made a warm feeling spread throughout Jongin's body. 

 

"Make your trip. Help Sehun. He is such a great young man and if he has a chance for survival that's great. I did not know that when I came into this house, but as soon as you told me, I was ready to look into it. But I needed your unwavering determination. The ancient vampires are difficult but I do not think they will so easily accept a werewolf sniffing around one of their own. They will test your genuine feelings, so I had to make sure." Jongin's father said smiling at them both. 

 

Jongin sagged in relief allowing Sehun to pull him close to him. "I love you too." He whispered before nuzzling into Jongin's body and warmth. He had already nuzzled himself deep into Jongin's heart. 

 

Jongin pulled him closer and tightened his grip. This is where Sehun belonged, and this is where he would keep Sehun. He'd hold him tight in his arms. 

 

It was time to journey off. "We leave tomorrow." Jongin announced. 

 

-

A/N I know this is a bit short, but it's because I'm updating sooner. I wanted to make it longer but I feel like this is a perfect ending for the chapter and I will try to update in a few days.