Enter the Wolf's Wedding

Burning Ice and Hearts

It had been a couple weeks since Sehun and Jongin returned from the caves and Sehun's condition was steadily improving. He was able to heal on his own now, without needing to drink the amount of blood he was drinking now reducing the amount, he was not tired all the time anymore and he was a lot stronger. All in all, he was much healthier and he trusted his disease was cured but he had an appointment with the doctor who had diagnosed him originally and was going to get tested today just to verify the progression of his health. 

At this point he completely trusted and believed in the truth of him being cured after having spent time with the ancient vampires and he knew they would not lie or give him false hopes. 

He had gotten back into the rhythm of school and so did Jongin. Thankfully, due to the arrangement they were not swimming in missed work and were able to continue at a comfortable pace. Not necessarily a reasonable pace because it was still school but not much worse than regular school, it was pretty much the same.

School had finished for the day and Sehun was currently walking beside Jongin on their way to the hospital. They were both calm and quiet, just basking in each other's presence. They were both just enjoying the warmth, and everything else the day had to offer. 

Jongin had closed his eyes a while agoe trusting his hold on Sehun and Sehun himself to keep him upright and avoid bumping into any objects. He finally opened his eyes and looked towards Sehun with a sweet smile gracing his beautiful face. "You nervous babe?" 

Sehun returned the smile and shook his head, "No, I'm not nervous. I trust the vampires having told the truth and even if it for some reason didn't work I'm content just knowing we tried our best, that we tackled this together, and that I got to spend every precious moment I ever did with you." 

Jongin twirled Sehun around and into his arms before he grabbed ahold of him and lifted him high up, wrapping his arms tightly around him and kissing the ever living life out of- correction, Jongin was trying to kiss life into him. "Baby I'm not giving up just yet. We have so much to do together still and there's no way I'm going to find someone else who sings as badly as you." 

Sehun laughed, kissing him back wildly. "I sing perfectly fine, thank you and I never said anything about giving up. I might just have to drain our stupid math teacher of her blood and hope the amount of poison she spews every day has cleaned out and purified her system to cure me."

Jongin bust out into what most people -not Sehun- would consider and unattractive laugh. "Yeah, she's completely awful isn't she?" before they settled down and continued making their way to their destination in a happy mood.

When they reached the hospital they only had to wait a little while for the doctor to finish up with a patient he was seeing before going in. The doctor checked Sehun's vitals and response before drawing some blood. He was going to run the test to check for valinean which again would not show results until later in the day as it took some time and he gave Sehun another blood cookie which he gratefully and easily accepted this time. 

While Sehun munched on his cookie, Jongin helped gather his things. They thanked the doctor for his help and then went on their way. As they walked back home they stopped into a store, specifically a jewelery store. 

They had made a decision, their end result would be the same regardless so they went ahead with their plan. They then decided to stop off again on their way home and buy some ice cream which they leisurely ate.

By the time they reached home after taking their sweet time, they realized that the doctor would call with results soon enough. Their family members were all still here and the sleeping position was now slightly awkward for the two of them.

They had finally had and were hungry for each other a lot more, made worse by them sleeping close together on the same bed but being unable to do anything with three others present in the room. At this point it felt like torture but they were still happy to be surrounded by their brothers nonetheless. 

That didn't mean that they left everything as is. They often snuck off to the forest and now, Sehun and Jungwoo shared a bed while Jongin slept with Taemin on his bed. Jisung would have slept with Sehun but he claimed his blow up bed was placed closer to the wall outlet and he didn't want to give that up. While they could plausibly both sleep near the outlet it was impossible since only the single blowup bed could fit in that small space while the double Sehun was sleeping on couldn't. Jungwoo and Sehun both liked to cuddle so it worked out well in the end. 

They greeted everyone at home and saw that most of their family was engaged in playing board games, well they seemed to be taking these games rather serious and so Jongin and Sehun gladly jumped in and began to play.

Time passed while they played, laughed, screamed and nearly flipped tables -monopoly was involved- when Sehun's phone eventually rang. Everyone quieted down when Sehun said it was the doctor calling before he answered and put it on speaker as everyone waited in a tense silence. 

The doctor's voice was eventually heard over the speaker, "Congratulations Sehun. It seems that you've found a way to cure an incurable disease. I'm happy for you."

Sehun thanked the doctor before bidding him a goodbye and hanging up. Promptly after ending the call, everyone broke out into a chorus of shouts, some being extremely happy while others were just relieved.

Sehun glanced at Jongin out of the corner of his eye and saw him nod before reaching his hand into his pocket before finding and pulling out the desired object. He signalled that he wanted to speak before he located and grasped Jongin's hand gaining the strength and courage he needed.

"Jongin and I talked and we decided that it makes absolutely no sense to wait and so we're getting married as soon as possible. I mean, we're already living together and were practically engaged and there's no logical reason to postpone getting married. It's not as if we'll be unable to live our lives just because we're married so we are just going to go ahead and do so."

Jongin chimed in now, "After everything that's happened, we don't need to spend more time together to see if we're right for each other. We've proven that we can face adversity together and succeed. Right now we just want to be able to hold a small wedding and officially and legally prove our love for each other. We hope you all agree, although it won't change our minds or decision, it would mean everything to have your support." 

The room remained silent as Jongin and Sehun fiddled nervously before everyone began to shout at once in a chorus of happy and excited murmurs. Sehun's dad spoke up first, "Of course. Lu Han might be a bit jealous that his younger brother is getting married before him though, but I know we're both happy." Sehun's mom had burst into tears before smiling and nodding along to what her ex-husband was saying. His step father had a huge grin plastered on as well.

Lu Han hugged them both before whispering into Jongin's ear, "Don't let this pretty face and slim body fool you. I'll wreck you if the need arises." which caused Jongin to shudder but he wasn't the least bit worried since he had already promised himself that he would alway treat Sehun right. He knew that fights and arguments were inevitable but he also knew so was their love. The iron had already stamped them and left a burning mark that he would never be able to rid himself of. 

"I have another son." Came Jongin's father before him while his mother congratulated Sehun. Jungwoo's parents came next (Taemin's dad and step mom) hugging them both and wishing them happiness. 

Jisung had grabbed them both and forced a long hug out of them before Jungwoo and Taemin joined, ending with the five of them all sort of laying on top of each other in a heap, it wasn't the least bit awkward despite anything. 

Finally, Jungwoo grabbed Sehun's left hand and lifted in high into the air for everyone to see and notice the shiny new engagement ring on his finger. This caused everyone to get into another loud debate which Sehun and Jongin loved since it showed their family for all they are. Loud and weird.

Jongin shouted out for everyone to hear, "We bought it today while we were planning to break the news to everyone so chill."

Jongin's mother finally spoke up, "How could you take the boy with you to buy his own engagement ring?" 

Sehun just laughed while Jongin hurried to explain himself. "I wanted to do it with him. It symbolizes our love so it should be something of our choosing and something we both agree on. We got this far together so it only made sense." Jongin's mother nodded in approval loving Jongin's inentions and how flabbergasted he got trying to explain. 

"How soon is as soon as possible?" Jungwoo and Taemin's father asked, while the parents all nodded along wanting to know.

Sehun hummed thinking about it, "After graduation, we'd like it to be sooner but school is a pain in the . We don't have much longer to wait anyways so we should all plan, yes all, we'd like you guys involved, and wait until then. Although we both would prefer having something small and intimate with our close family and friends." 

Everyone agreed to that and they all went back to their games feeling relaxed and at peace after hearing Sehun would be alright. 

Eventually, in the middle of a game Jungwoo spoke up. "I hope you're not pregnant Sehun because then that would put a whole different perspective on wanting to get married so fast. I mean, we're all aware of why you both spend so much damn time in the woods anyway."

This caught everyone's attention as Lu Han choked on the water he was drinking, glass to his lips and Sehun's father looked bewildered. "How could Sehun be pregnant? They had ? They have in the woods? Wait, my baby's no longer a ?! Jongin I'm going to hurt you for touching my baby boy so soon!"

Jongin was officially ting himself in fear of the angry vampire clan leader while Sehun stifled his laughter and embarrassment not wanting his father to know of the fact his ity had been long gone for a while now. Lu Han looked like he couldn't believe his father could be so dense and Jisung was losing his rolling around on the ground silently laughing with tears rolling down his face.

"N-no. I don't know what Jungwoo's talking about sir. We only go into the woods to dance since we both enjoy it and there's a lot of space out there." Jongin stuttered out. It wasn't a complete lie but the nervous look on his face caused Sehun to join Jisung in his laughing fit on the floor while Jungwoo had a smug look on his face showing he was proud of creating the mess he did.

It took Sehun's mother calming down her ex-husband and taking him away before he beat the out of Jongin. Sehun's mother knew when he had first lost his ity since he had told his mom sparing her the details. She was understanding and only advised Sehun be cautious as she was ever the voice of reason and sanity. 

They looked forward to a chaotic wedding, it would be a sweet chaos as always. 

---

As a reader I would always think authors went into such detail and used uneccessary extra words to add to the description and help create a more vivid image. As a writer (can I call myself a writer?) I now know it's to add to the word count and try to make the story more interesting. 

Sorry it's a bit short, I still had the flu up until recently, I had it for over a week before the high temperature finally left me and I could stomach food again but I did have a bit of a headache again today. Not too bad and nowhere near the ones I had while sick. Everyone take care of yourselves and enjoy the rest of your weekend.