Enter the Vampire's Strength

Burning Ice and Hearts

As Sehun and Jongin walked deeper into the cave, fully expecting to meet further darkness they were unexpected of the cave brightening the more they walked. Sehun coughed weakly into his elbow, the coughs wracking through him and causing a shortening of breath.

 

Jongin wrapped his hand securely around Sehun's waist and braced Sehun on him so that he could help Sehun sustain his weight. Sehun sent him a small and fleeting smile of thanks. 

 

The owner of the voice was finally made clear. He was obviously of Korean descent as they were in Korea and noticed his extremely pale face, hardened features and lean body, one that looked fit for speed and agility. He was everything Sehun was but so much more enhanced. The vampire legends are true after all, Jongin thought. 

 

"Why is there a wolf willingly walking into vampire territory along with a weak and diluted cheap version of a vampire. You two surely don't belong here and unless you like your heads detached from your body and your blood completely drained down to the very last drop, I suggest you leave the way you came and hope no one down there hunting right now comes across you and decides to eat you up for a snack. Since that's all you'd even be good for." The man said. 

 

Sehun coughed again. "I may be a weak excuse of a vampire compared to all of you but that gives you no right to belittle me. We live very different lives, while you guys choose to follow traditions and keep the stories of vampires true, I do not. It doesn't matter in the end because we all make our own choices and you guys chose this life while I chose another life. Some of you guys are just murderers, killing and overindulging in human blood. I understand that you need blood to live but the humans know of our kind and they offer alternatives. This type of feeding doesn't have any basis anymore because it's not necessary any longer, we have the option to drink blood without killing and to take medicine specifically designed to satiate our hunger. But I know you all are not like that and while I hate the few that are truly the monsters many fear, I do not hate all. You are my brothers and forefathers and I am grateful for my existence. I come to seek help, I've run ill with valinean disease. My vampire cells are eating my body in search of nourishment and I'm dying. You're my only chance. Please." 

 

After struggling to get all the words out without stopping, Sehun doubled over in a fit of coughs. He was fighting to keep the nausea down with all his remaining strength and Jongin stood there trying to help ease his pain, holding Sehun's body from falling and rubbing his back to ease the cough. 

 

The man bristled at the sight of Sehun, weak and helpless. "My child, that is exactly the problem. Your satiating your hunger on those man made medications is exactly what made you so weak and susceptible to not only mortality, but sickness as well. We do not feel sickness nor do we age the same as you. Although we age, we age at a much slower rate, showing the vast difference in human and vampire species. The myths of our immortality, though not greatly exaggerated are false. No being can stop the hands of death. We die after very long lives and are nearly impervious to any kind of weapon, the least they can do is inflict a bruise on our hardened bodies. But you're right, there are some monsters lurking out there, fortunately for you we are not. I agree to help, you wouldn't be the first pitiful vampire to come here seeking our knowledge. You must feed first." 

 

Sehun looked confused, hoping they would not make him hunt and kill a human or any other walking, talking, being. "I'm fine, I've walked with blood bags." 

 

"I can see that." The man said while eyeing Jongin from top to bottom. 

 

Jongin gave a creeped out look and tried to shield his body behind Sehun while maintaining Sehun's weight. 

 

 The man started to walk deeper into the cave. "No, you won't have to kill anybody or even harm anybody. Do not question our methods, just do as I say and I will explain afterwards. I need your trust to trust you in order to save you." 

 

Sehun felt conflicted, they could very well be lying. Although it wouldn't make much of a difference if he were alone, because he would be dying either way but he had Jongin with him and he was awfully scared for him. He hoped they wouldn't harm Jongin but knew he needed to place his trust in them, otherwise this would never work. 

 

He nodded his head meekly showing his agreement and his hesitation. 

 

"Good. We have no problems then." 

 

They came into a room with a few people lounging. Both men and women, they weren't doing much really. There were some books laying around, an Internet modem and a small TV was on. Strange, thought they lived like actual cave people, without any modern invention. Sehun thought.

 

The man reached into a carved out hole in the cave wall, resembling shelves and pulled a vial out. It had a strange and translucent liquid within it. 

 

"You have your medicine and we have ours." The man spoke, holding out the vial. 

 

Sehun reached out for it but the man withdrew his hand and tutted. "For the wolf." 

 

Jongin, in utter confusion reached for the vial, his iron conviction to help Sehun winning out and opened it, downing it. Refusing to meet Sehun's eyes as he knew Sehun was silently begging him to refuse but did not voice it out since he was told to trust. 

 

The taste was slightly bitter but otherwise, didn't seem to do anything to his body. Jongin had all his senses at their most heightened peak to be aware of everything happening and felt nothing. This liquid didn't seem to be dangerous, not life threatening at least. 

 

Aha, the man clapped his hands. "That liquid, we have created. It helps the body to quickly produce any blood that is lost. It is something the older and more wicked vampires from eons ago used to use on their victims, they would replenish their blood quickly so that death became drawn out and the victim would not bleed out or die from loss of blood. Since your folk escaped tradition it seems they have forgotten and forgo the old ways. We now use it so that we do not have to kill our victims and we are still able to drink to our hearts content. Although the liquid only helps replenish the blood for a certain amount of time. It lasts three days and three nights before you must drink another dose. By the was my name is Cha Min." 

 

Sehun and Jongin stood there for a while in silence to allow this information to sink into their heads. "Why?" Sehun asked. 

 

"Because his blood is fresh, warm and supernatural. It is the best for you to drink and while we do not have more than half a pint of blood circulating in our bodies at all time and very slowly beating heart -if you put your hand on my chest it will take you 3 minutes and 37 seconds to feel it go up and another 3 minutes and 37 seconds for it to go down. Another false misconception, we do have beating hearts, every creature has to survive somehow.- It's amazing how even vampires themselves have fallen for these lies. Well I guess the ones who made it up believed it to be true. They lived their lives watching vampires look the same age from since they met and when they put their hands on our chests, feel no heartbeat. For what you guys have become, your heart beats faster and you age faster as well, so it's more noticeable to humans. In face, it's more humane. Anyway, our blood wouldn't do you much good since it doesn't supply what you need the way he does, so drink up honey and don't worry about him dying."

 

Sehun shakily looked at Jongin. He would no longer need to control himself and hold back, to restrain himself from drinking as much as he wanted if Jongin's sweet, warm blood. 

 

Before Sehun could sink his fangs into Jongin's neck, the strange man stuck his hand in between them producing another vial. This time with a dark liquid that half streaks of blue in it. "This one's for you. It was a necessity back then. Vampire drinkers use it to influence the meal on wheels. You can either release their pain endorphins or pleasure endorphins, whichever you wish." 

 

Sehun drank it before capping the vial again and handing it back to the man. He leaned in, stopping just before, biting so that he could get confirmation from Jongin -which came in the form of a nod- before sinking his teeth in. "Ugh" Jongin let out before grasping Sehun's hips and pulling him closer. 

 

Jongin seemed dazed as he let it happen. Sehun drank and Sehun drank greedily, not stopping until he could feel his belly fill to the brim and his body to regain its strength, much more than it had in a while. He removed his sliver ring from Jongin's neck before he pulled back, up the blood steadily dripping from Jongin's healing neck. 

 

Sehun panted before wiping his mouth, no long weak and shaky. "God! You taste delicious." He exclaimed. "How did it feel Jongin?"

 

"He said pleasurable but I didn't fully understand in what sense. It wasn't like an induced pleasure, more like it just felt good. Kind of like the feeling of satisfaction and happiness of eating something you crave." 

 

"That's how I felt." Sehun said. 

 

"Hah! A vampire bite causing ual please. No way! The way it works is the vampire venom, similar to the drips of a viper, released will either trigger the mind to cause the pain receptors in your brain to react or the dopamine to be released, resulting in a happy and satisfactory -a pleased- state. We don't have to use it as we naturally possess the ability but we had a bottle stashed. Vampires like Sehun, well their bite only causes you to not feel anything, it helps numb your senses to the feeling of blood being pulled and the feeling of a bite. He drink this enough times and his vampire instinct will recognize this capability and start to perform the action itself." Cha Min explained. 

 

"Will any of this cure his disease?" Jongin inquired. 

 

Cha Min looked at him seriously. "No, but it will help him build his strength for the real test and endurance he needs to overcome this disease. This is only the beginning but just look at him already. I bet this is the strongest you've seen him since the effects of the disease started flaunting itself in the form of symptoms. Prepare yourself, it only gets tougher from here." A wicked grin formed on his face at those words but Sehun and Jongin found themselves steeling their resolve, they could take what was to come.