Entering the Vampires' Cave

Burning Ice and Hearts

Sehun and Jongin had been driving for hours on a dark road, stopping a few times for bathroom breaks, gas and for Sehun to throw up. Every time Jongin saw how pained Sehun was, he felt his heart clench and wished with everything in him that he could help him. He had to constantly remind himself that this trip was for that very reason and stop berating himself for the lack of comfort in the car. 

 

They had eventually stopped after a half day or more of driving and decided on sleeping in the car since the closest hotel was out of their way and they didn't want to waste more time than they needed in getting there. Another 7 hours or so of driving and they would reach the neatest mountains. Although they were the nearest mountains they were still separated from civilization just proving ancient vampires would live there since they often detached themselves from society. 

 

Jongin knew they would get there much faster, in almost half the time had they run, but Sehun was too weak to run and would have been weak to hold onto Jongin and maintain an upright position or keep himself from falling off after running for hours at a time. The car also provided much more comfort for him. 

 

Sehun and Jongin had pushed back the seats so they were in a reclining position and pulled some heavy and thick blankets from the trunk in order to help keep them warm since they turned the car off and were no longer using the heater. 

 

Sehun was continuously shivering regardless of the blankets on him and he turned to Jongin with his teeth chattering and only his face visible in his cocoon of blankets. "Can I s-s-sleep o-on you? I'm s-s-so c-cold." 

 

"Yeah." Jongin responded softly before Sehun quickly got up, blankets still wrapped around him and Jongin discarded his blanket, throwing it to the side and off of him before Sehun lay down directly on top of him. Sehun attempted to make himself comfortable and leaned his forearms on Jongin before shifting his weight around and Jongin could feel his chest caving. Sehun's pointy elbows were digging right into it and most of his weight was on his arms making it so much worse. 

 

When Sehun had made himself comfortable he sighed and snuggled into Jongin's warmth before Jongin threw his blanket on top of Sehun. He knew this was more heat than he needed but it would keep Sehun warm and besides, Sehun's body was pretty cold anyways so Jongin wouldn't suffer too much, it pretty much balanced out, what with him producing more heat than usual being a werewolf.

 

---

Jongin awoke with a pained neck and a mostly numb body from the weight of Sehun on him all night. He stayed still not wanting to move and wake Sehun up. He pulled his phone out of the cup holder, where he had left it and turned it on, messaging his brothers and Jisung on their group chat that they had reached more than halfway and that they stopped off for a while to sleep. The message showed read by three people but only Jisung messaged back with a simple. 

 

I'm relieved. 

 

Jongin closed his messaging app and opened his camera before awkwardly bringing his hand to his chest and resembling a T. rex before he took a picture of Sehun's dishevelled and sleeping form. He had messy hair, goo in his eyes, and drool trailing down one side of his chin. His nose was also scrunched up cutely, enhancing the look and Jongin felt as if he had never looked better. 

 

He snapped a few pictures before going through them and choosing the best to save as his home screen and then deleting the rest. If Sehun saw this, he would kill him so Jongin thought twice before messaging the picture to himself just in case Sehun saw it and deleted it from his phone. 

 

After internet surfing for a while and definitely going over his data, Jongin felt Sehun stir on top of him. Shortly after Sehun jumped up, almost banging his head harshly on the roof of the car if not for Jongin's quick reflexes and hand shooting up to cushion his head from hitting hard before Sehun pulled open the car door and rushed outside, only making it a few steps before he emptied the contents of his stomach. 

 

Jongin exited the car with a long winded sigh and went to rub Sehun's back and hold him when Sehun finished and leaned into Jongin sobbing. It pained Jongin because he knew Sehun was hurting. 

 

He held him as long as Sehun needed before Sehun pulled away from him. Jongin got up and grabbed their toothbrushes, a water bottle -they had walked with a cooler full to protect it from the heat and make sure they had enough- along with a mouthwash Jongin made sure to pack just for Sehun. He knew Sehun liked to rinse his mouth out with it when he throws up. 

 

He silently handed it to Sehun before they found a nice spot to brush their teeth. After they brushed, Jongin opened up the cooler and found some sandwiches and fruit they prepared. Pulling it out for them to eat along with a blood bag for Sehun. 

 

"Thank you." Sehun said before taking the blood bag and it down. "You know, we'll be there by the end of the day and I hope that means the end of your suffering. Besides, there's no need to thank me for anything, I do it because I want to."

 

Sehun smiled, a bright and genuine smile before putting the now empty blood bag into a plastic bag they had for garbage and walking up to Jongin, kissing him slowly. 

 

Jongin welcomed the kiss despite the taste of blood that remained on Sehun's lips. He figured this came with dating a vampire. He kissed back just as slowly, as meaningfully before pulling Sehun in by the waist and pressing their bodies together. Sehun let out a low moan and Jongin just ate it up. He loved the feeling it gave him to hold Sehun and cherish him and to know that Sehun enjoyed it as well. 

 

Sehun moved on from his mouth down to his jaw leaving open mouth kisses and moving lower and lower onto his neck before letting his fangs out and dragging them on his skin being careful not to break it. For some weird reason the feeling of that kind of turned Jongin on and he gently pushed Sehun away knowing he couldn't let himself get lost in this. 

 

Sehun seemed to have understood his intentions because he moved away easily, smiling up at Jongin and wiping some blood smears he had left on Jongin's mouth and down his jaw and neck. 

 

They ate their food peacefully before hopping back in the car and beginning their drive again. 

 

"I could drive for a bit if you want." Sehun offered. 

 

"No, that's okay. Save your energy." Jongin replied. 

 

"You know I'm strongest in the morning after eating and I would be able to drive now. I feel bad for not helping with anything." Sehun said.

 

"No baby. It's alright. I'm not tired anyways, we slept and I'm ready to go. We have about 6 hours left on the road. Won't be too long. Besides, if it makes you feel better, once you regain your health, you're driving back the whole way." Jongin said, glancing over at Sehun through the corner of his eye and seeing Sehun smile. 

 

That's all Jongin asked for right now. To see the one he loved smiling and feeling loved and happy. 

 

The drive went by pretty peacefully, Jongin had the radio and listened to music, Sehun and him talked about meaningless things. 

 

Sehun's told him about his bubble tea obsession and Jongin told him about his love for dogs to which Sehun said he had a dog but he left him back home with his dad and how he hoped to bring Vivi down to live with them soon. 

 

Soon Sehun fell asleep and Jongin drove on. 

 

When the sun began to dip below the horizon and set, they had finally reached the mountains. Jongin knew they would have to leave the car behind at this point and tried to park in a hidden spot before getting out and grabbing their cooler after shaking Sehun awake. He figured Sehun would be able to make this climb since the caves weren't too high up. 

 

He locked the car and secured the car keys in his pocket.

 

Sehun struggled a bit but was able to make it up waiting for Jongin who stayed behind him in case Sehun fell or stumbled and needed someone to catch him. Jongin struggled up a bit as well since he was carrying the cooler in one hand. 

 

They both made it up and stared into the mouth of a deep and foreboding cave. 

 

"Seems like we've been found out. I hope were exactly what you've been looking for because if not. That would be a shame." Came a sinister voice from inside the cave.

 

Sehun and Jongin looked at each other in worry.