Enter the Wolf's Tribulations

Burning Ice and Hearts

Jongin had just opened his eyes, feeling well rested and satisfied. Thankfully, Sehun was able to regain his strength after he drank from Jongin and they returned to the cave. Jongin was extremely proud of how well Sehun did in finding him. 

Cha Min had stated that they were nearly towards the end of their journey and gaining the key to saving Sehun's life and curing his supposed incurable disease. 

Jongin was relieved and hoped they would be able to get through the rest without a hitch and go back to their lives. As much of a great experience this was and a complete eye opener, he wanted nothing more than for Sehun to be healthy and for them to be surrounded by their family once again. 

Jongin wasn't surprised to find Sehun's half of the bed empty as he heard him get up earlier, but it had been a while and Jongin was wondering where he was and what he was up to. He decided to get up and search for Sehun when Cha Min came wondering into the room and flopped down on the bed before he threw a leg over Jongin. 

Jongin didn't particularly care that he was being touched but he was confused as to why he was being touched. His answer eventually came from Cha Min, "I always wondered why some vampires were just so attracted to werewolves but I think I get it. You all are just so warm that it's comforting. I wouldn't mind being surrounded by this warmth."

Jongin just shook his head slightly before wiggling slightly to avoid Cha Min's knee touching his crotch since it was awfully close. "Do you know where Sehun is?" He asked. 

Cha Min nodded, "Yes, but I'm adraid that I cannot tell you. It's time for your test, and because we already tried the whole kidnapping scheme already and doing it again would just be too obvious... Yes we have him and he's perfectly safe, but you still have to find and rescue him. Good luck." Cha Min stated before promptly getting up. 

"Aren't you coming?" He asked Jongin. Jongin simply sighed and shook his head, not really wanting to deal with this. Cha Min noticed how weary Jongin appeared before a sincere smile graced his lips, "Don't worry Jongin, this is the last test. I also think it's a fairly easy one. Sehun got to choose this time, it's more of a quiz/mystery." 

Jongin immediately perked up at the prospect of going home and easily finishing this test. He threw the blanket off of himself before following Cha Min. They went deeper into the cave, "Oh by the way, we did have to find a way to spice things up since knowing Sehun is safe might cause you to be too easygoing so every thirty minutes that go by, there will be some injury inflicted on Sehun. Since his healing capabilities are low due to his disease, only your blood can heal him -as you're aware already- so until you find him he will feel the pain of each injury. It's been twenty-six minutes since we've taken him by now. You take a long time to wake up." 

Jongin grit his teeth and clenched his fists having to hold himself back from ripping into Cha Min knowing he needed the man in order to find Sehun. He promised himself he would hurt him accordingly when he saw what Sehun looked like. It seemed these s didn't care to hurt Jongin, only Sehun. Maybe it had to do with proving the strength of vampires among themselves or it was a test within itself to see Sehun's worthiness. Whatever it was, it made Jongin's blood boil and only proved to aggravate him. 

"You must travel to where you first connected and therein lies a clue. Again, Sehun got to choose the clues and where to go, so only you will know the answers."

Jongin didn't take very long to figure it out. He knows that a connection was made between the two of them that day in the forest. Where they first learned about each other and where they first kissed. He was aware Sehun must not have actually meant that exact forest but the forest beyond the caves. The problem was which forest, there was the one that cut through to the small town, the one that they originally came through and the one opposite the caves. 

Jongin forced himself to think knowing Sehun left the clue hidden somewhere in the message. That's when it hit him, he remembered talking about how that forest they danced in showed the stars clearly due to it's lack of light pollution. The forest near the town and the one they came through both had humans living beyond their borders and had some influence of light pollution while the one opposite the caves was untouched. 

Jongin rushed out of the caves and towards the aforementioned forest. He looked around, searching for any clues not knowing where or what it could be when his eye caught a glimpse of something bright red. He rushed towards it before recognizing it as a boxing glove. 

He racked his brain for any clue of what this could possibly mean. The boxing ring was where he first witnessed Sehun's grace and ferocity as a fighter but that was no clue. It was where he beat the odds and won against Leon, a man much stronger and bigger than him. Wait, Leon. If Jongin recalled correctly, there was a lion statue he had seen somewhere in the caves when he and Sehun explored one day. Sehun could be referring to Leon which could mean Lion. 

Jongin decided to try it and if it failed he would try and think of whatever else Sehun could have meant. He ran back to the caves wondering why Sehun left such vague clues rather than being straightforward and why he would be so back and forth, knowing Jongin would be wasting precious time in doing so.

He came to the conclusion that although Sehun created the clues, he must have been told what to do in order to make it challenging for Jongin since he was quite aware of how they operated with their tests and mind games. Jongin was beginning to get desperate knowing he wasted twenty something minutes already and that they would torture Sehun again soon.

He ripped into whatever speed he possessed and sped back to the cave before ferally hopping up and looking for the lion statue.

He ran into an empty room that he thought had the lion statue inside and began to feel dejected upon getting the clue wrong. Jongin wended his way outside and was about to head back when he caught a glimpse of stone. Aha so it was in the room next to the one I entered Jongin thought. 

He walked into the room and studied the lion for any clues. When he looked up at the lion's face he could clearly see traces of eyeliner smudged onto the eyes of the lion. Jongin smirked remembering the only time Sehun wore eyeliner. It was when those annoying girls in school kept berating and bothering Sehun, claiming he stole Jongin from them. 

Not only were they all far from Jongin's type, he preferred when someone chose to let more natural beauty shine rather than wear loads of makeup although it was their choice. He also had no attraction to women, he was all the way, and Sehun had the best he'd ever seen. Those women never stood a chance against him.

Especially on that day with his eyes lightly lined in kohl and those tight articles of clothing. If Jongin remember correctly he had borrowed the clothes from Sehun and Baekhyun and had returned them as promised but Jongin went to them to ask where they got the clothes from and bought exacts for Sehun. He had even forced Sehun to pack it to bring with them here. He could recall Sehun asking, "And what will I be doing wearing this?" Jongin had just smirked, "Hopefully me!" Sehun scoffed scornfully, "In the car or in the caves?" Jongin laughed, "No, I'm just kidding. I would like to see you wear this when you're all better. So you'll look as good as you feel." Upon hearing this Sehun had smiled and given Jongin a loving kiss. 

Jongin jumped up into the air a few times. His hunch about the lion wasn't wrong after all and he knew where the clothes were hiding. They were in Sehun's bag back in their room which wasn't too far from here. 

He zoomed back to their room and opened Sehun's bag before dumping the contents onto the bed not wanting to waste time looking through everything and most likely missing it. He began to push everything apart to separate it promising he'd clean it all up once Sehun was back in his arms again and pulled a shirt away from his boxers when a zip loc bag came into view. Jongin saw a glimpse of his name and curiousity got the better of him causing him to pick the bag up. Preparations for when Jongin and I find the "right" moment the bag read. Jongin then looked at the actual content of the bag and saw condoms and lube to his surprise. 

He felt nothing but embarrassment and happiness. He was happy that Sehun was smart enough to be prepared since it would if they had to stop due to lack of a . They weren't risking pregnancy, especially with high conception rates between werewolf-vampire breeding. 

He buried the bag back in between Sehun's clothes not planning to say anything about finding it but not planning to lie if asked about it either. He finally spotted the clothes he was looking for outside of the pile of clothes. It was thrown across the floor where Jongin failed to notice it. It seems Sehun thought to leave it out where Jongin would notice and not waste time going through his bag but alas Jongin was an idiot. 

He went to pick up the clothes and noticed nothing strange about it. He pushed his hands in the pockets in turn and eventually his hand closed around something. It was a small keychain with a bowling pin. 

Jongin felt himself become tense because if they had taken Sehun to the bowling arena it was an hour or more away and that just meant more pain for Sehun. He figured the vampires weren't that sadistic and had to be hiding him nearby, especially since humans lived in that town and they would want to avoid torturing Sehun in such a way and risk human laws. The ancient vampires also tended to avoid human contact as much as possible, humans were just something to satiate their hunger with. Although Cha Min and the others didn't kill, that didn't mean that they harbored affection towards humans.

Jongin suddenly wished he could just sniff Sehun out. He knew that would be impossible since Sehun's scent was etched all over the place due to them living here and to track his fresh scent would take a while, besides, he knew that he would fail if he cheated this test and since this was the last test he didn't want to take the chance they wouldn't cure Sehun and they would kill him. 

He tried to remember what they did that night but came up pretty empty, all they did was bowl really, they also talked to their family members for the first time since coming here. Jongin decided to go with it, he would call Jisung -they were given the internet password- and see if Sehun had contacted him. 

Jongin pressed call and waited impatiently, finally after a while the call picked up and Jisung's face came into view. He seemed to be in school, of course it was the middle of the day. "I just excused myself out of class to answer the call, that's why I took so long." Jisung explained before being asked. Jongin nodded his head. "I'm a bit caught up in something right now myself, but I need to ask if Sehun left you any odd messages." 

Jisung had a look of confusion befall him, "Yeah he texted me with 'where we first entered' and it didn't really have a context but I thought maybe he sent it by mistake." Jongin lit up, "It wasn't a mistake, it was meant for me. I know you're probably confused but this just means we'll be coming home soon and we'll explain later. Okay, gotta go." Jongin spoke quickly barely hearing a "Bye" in response before cutting off the call and pushing his phone back into his pocket. 

Sehun had to be referring to where they first entered in the cave and knew he meant the lounge room they had seen a few vampires inside watching TV and playing games. It was near the mouth of the cave. He skidded to a halt in front the room and whirled himself in by holding onto a side of the cave and was met with the sight of Sehun. Jongin never would have tracked his scent that easily since they had been in that area many times and his scent was strong there due to being there a lot.

He almost sighed in relief before he noticed the small but deep cuts -as if he was stabbed repeatedly- that littered his bare torso. Sehun smiled widely upon catching sight of Jongin and the picture of his smile compared to his body shouldn't make sense. Jongin dropped to his knees before Sehun with tears welling up in his eyes before he gently took hold of him and offered his neck. 

Sehun well aware of the fact that Jongin wouldn't be able to relax until Sehun was healed, readily drank from Jongin until he could feel the wounds closing off. A female vampire by the name of Min Hwa, passed a wet cloth to Jongin who wiped the dried and fresh blood alike off from Sehun before she handed Sehun a shirt which he gratefully took. 

As soon as Sehun was deemed okay, Jongin went into a fit of fury. "I'm going to murder that bastard Cha Min and whoever laid their filthy hands on you." Sehun smiled and tried to placate Jongin, "I'm okay, they numbed me so as to not feel the pain and while they claimed they didn't want to hurt me they had to motivate you and also stay true to their word. I didn't feel anything, well anything but the sweet taste of you." 

Jongin held him tighter, "If you think my blood tastes good just wait till you taste my-" "That's more than enough Jongin." Cha Min interrupted. 

Cha Min then smiled a fatherly smile down at the two of them. "Congratulations! Jongin your life is no longer in danger, we will let you go freely since you've passed and Sehun, tomorrow we'll hold a ceremony and give you the cure. You'll be just as danger free and alive as Jongin. 

They smiled to each other before they both collapsed in a fit of gleeful laughs tightening their holds on each other. They did it. Together. 

---