Enter the Vampire's Vows

Burning Ice and Hearts

Sehun was extremely stressed. It would usually seem as if the impending wedding would be the source of his stress but that was definitely not the case. He was worrying and stressing over his exams. It was finals week and he felt as if he was in all sorts of torture trying to get through the week. In fact the wedding was the least of his problems. Jongin and him took their time to find clothes and wear what they felt was appropriate and they liked. They decided to hold the wedding outside in the woods where they frequented and they had bough some flower garlands and fairy lights to place on the trees. They weren't going to do too much since they were holding a small ceremony.

Sehun actually felt no stress in regards to the wedding. He was comfortable in their choices, he knew that there wasn't much to plan since it would be small and everyone pitched in to say they would all cook a dish and eat back at the house. There was also the fact that Sehun knew he would be marrying Jongin and he knew that there was no way he could stress when he knew what the end result would be. 

They had also agreed to write their own vows and while most people would stress about making sure they wrote something beautiful and heartfelt but Sehun just knew that if he described his feelings for Jongin, no matter what he said, Jongin would know and it would be perfect. Just like he knew that no matter what Jongin said, whether it be silly or serious, beautiful or weird, he would love it because it would come from his Jongin. 

He was heading to do his last exam which happened to fall on the last day of exams and after this everyone would be free from school. 

As the exam finished and everyone was released from their priso- torture cell, Sehun caught up to Kris and reached out  pulling him to a halt. Yifan turned around to look at him with a look of confusion before he realized who it was that had been tugging on his sleeve. He smiled and ruffled Sehun's hair. "What's up shortie?" 

Sehun gave Yifan an offended look of disbelief. "In what world am I short. I know you're extremely tall but I'm pretty tall myself you know." He then proceeded to stand on his tippie toes and raise his chin in an act of defiance while childishly staring Yifan down.Yifan just laughed in response to his behaviour and said, "You're still shorter than me so that's all I need to call you shortie," before he rested his elbow onto Sehun's shoulder as some kind of proof that Sehun was short compared to him. 

Yifan glanced at him out of the corner of his eye before he sighed loudly. "You still haven't answered my question. It's making me worried that something bad happened." Sehun poked his ribs effectively causing Yifan's elbow to drop from his shoulder and he stood completely stock straight before he finally responded. "Everything is going great. Especially since exams are done. I just hope I did well." 

Yifan scoffed. "I hope I passed. What are you talking about? You have space to worry about grades. I may not graduate." Sehun giggled, "Even if I get 0 on any of my exams, my grades were high enough before to keep me from failing. You shouldn't talk either because I know you do pretty well in school. You just like to act like you're stupid to maintain your persona." 

Yifan shook his body like a child and feebly stomped a foot. "I know but I am actually worried whether or not I'll graduate. Maybe I miscalculated, maybe I missed a mandatory credit or I don't have enough to graduate. Anything is possible and therefore I'm worrying and I will not stop worrying until I have my graduation certificate in hand and once I get that I amd running far and fast in case they realize they made some kind of mistake and are chasing me to take it back. I will not let go of it once it's in my hands."

Sehun just stared at him, no emotion on his face. He wasn't sure whether or not he should be, what should he be? Honestly, Sehun was kind of agreeing with him silently. It would be a lie to say that he didn't understand with perfect clarity what point Yifan was trying to make. A students life was difficult. Screw working people who say students have it easy. Work doesn't typically require testing with mandated percentage of passing and a ton of useless information along with hours of work that does very little to help. 

He couldn't wait to be one of those working people where he could just clock in do his job and clock out. Although he was aware not all jobs were like that, there were doctors, nurses, teachers and the like. He dreamt of a world where he could just go home and relax and not have to worry about endless studying. Unfortunately for him he had signed up for about four more years of it before he could achieve that dream. It seemed rigged. 

Yifan waited for Sehun to say something and when Sehun just subtly nodded his head not saying a word he asked, "By the way where's Jongin? I haven't seen him." 

Sehun continued walking out of the school with Yifan in tow before answering, "He finished his exams two days ago. Lucky bastard got to stay home before me. Although he did have his exams right after one another, he had two in one day as well. I guess he's not that lucky. We're all pitiful and we should band together to drown in calories and tears." 

Yifan eagerly nodded his head agreeing with the dumb idea and nonsense Sehun was spouting. Sehun suddenly perked up remembering his original purpose for stopping Yifan. "I was going to tell you before but I decided to wait until exams were over. Jongin and I decided to just get married and we're going to hold a small wedding and we'd like to invite you if you're willing to come." 

Yifan came full stop before taking a while to process the information. He had a dumbfounded look on his face for about three minutes before he slowly started to grin -in a creepy way- grabbing hold of Sehun's arms and shaking him. Even going so far as to spin him a bit, "I'm so happy for you. A life you'd spend with Jongin is a well lived one and I am just happy for you both. I know I was pushy but I loved you and I still do, that's also why I'm happy for you. I know that you're content with all you are and all you have and I would love to attend. Just let me know when and where."

--- 

Sehun and Jongin had chosen to not to dress in typical wedding attire and both adorned flower crowns. They were currently standing in the middle of two trees that were decorated to create a sort of arch with an overhang of flower garlands and fairy lights, draped in a beautiful way and swaying lightly in the wind.

Sehun and Jongin decided not to do the whole "bride walking down the aisle and being given away. They chose to walk toward the centre together and show that there was nothing to give away and instead so much to gain. Their family members and a few close friends had attended, Yifan, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun were there as well as Kyungsoo, Jongdae, Minseok, Zitao, Yixing and Junmyeon who were close to Jongin. They all sat on the floor in the grass choosing to be surrounded in natures and truly enjoy it rather than bring a bunch of chairs to dig up the ground. Everyone being some sort of supernatural were at peace and completely unbothered by it. 

They didn't have any sort of official Minister do the wedding either -they had signed legal papers at a courthouse earlier in the day- and decided to just say their vows. That was all they wanted and their family respected that. 

Jongin went first, as they held each other's hands tightly and look deep into one another's eyes. "Sehun I was taught to believe this was a marriage of convenience when the idea was first proposed to me. It completely is, because everything about you is convenient. The was you smile is a convenience to me, it always manages to brighten my day and minimize any obstacles I face. The was you worry is a convenience, it convenient in the way it helps me to know how kindhearted you are to others and how much love you have to give. The way you hold my hand is convenient, it conveniently helps to remind me always and forever that you're right by my side and that I'm not alone. The was you go after what you want and believe is convenient. It is convenient in the way in gives me courage to do the same and the ability to always support you. The was you love me is convenient. I find it convenient in the way I know I recieve just as much love as I give, if not more. And of course there is one more thing about you that's always convenient... That fat ." 

Jongin finished with that, causing Sehun's emotions to run rampant. He loved what Jongin said and he loved how it made him feel important and special knowing Jongin noticed and cared about every small detail and aspect of him. Or in some cases the not so small aspects of him, such as his . That little joke caused Lu Han and Sehun's father to glare ever so slightly at Jongin who was pointedly ignoring their looks and pretending not to notice. 

Sehun squeezed his hands in response before clearing his throat which had gotten choked up with emotion and prepared to speak to Jongin. 

"Jongin I would just like to say that you're not the man of my dreams. You're so much better than anything I could dream. You're real and there for me and I know when I wake up you won't disappear but instead you'll be right there holding me and giving me something that no dream ever could. The ability to always know that you're real. You stood by me when I needed it the most and I hope to stand by you when you need it the most. I know that no matter what arguments we get in, no matter the circumstance and no matter how we both change. You will always be there for me when I need it and I will always be there for you. When I'm with you all the obstacles in my path seem to disappear and the path seems so clear. Before everything seemed so complicated and confusing but you've brought a clarity and simplicity into my life. Loving you is easy, is subconcsious in my every action and breath and love was never meant to be complicated. I know that with you and you're not someone I need in my life but everything I want in my life." 

At this point both Sehun and Jongin were holding back tears. Sehun was aware of the mess that his vows were but he felt that they were what he wanted to say and that's all there was to it. They exchanged rings, using the same rings they had bought earlier not wanting to have two rings. Especially when these ones were so perfect already. 

They kissed and lost themselves in a world of each other. It was all they wanted for each other. To be together and to live a life together, to explore what the world had to offer, together. 

Beautiful pictures were captured by Taemin throughout everything. They had them developed and blew one picture up in particular for their room. Sehun and Jongin were both gazing into each others' eyes and the fairy lights had swayed and came into focus as the wire disappeared and the light came behind them and lit up their flower crowns to look like as if diamonds were hidden in the background. It captured everything the moment had to offer. 

---

A/N This is the final chapter, yeah it is a bit short but I didn't want to drag the moment out, I felt this was better. I also couldn't update before, I just didn't find the time so I'm sorry for that.

 I will be writing a short epilogue sometime and I would'nt mind writing prompted drabbles for this fic. If anyone has a scene in particular that they would like to see, please tell me and I will try my best to write a drabble.

Thank you!