Enter the Vampire's Victory

Burning Ice and Hearts

Sehun awoke with a renewed vigour. Today was the day he would finally be cured of this wretched disease and he would finally be able to return to his family. 

He turned over in bed rolling right on top of Jongin causing him to groan before opening his eyes and holding him even tighter. 

He grabbed Jongin's face in both hands and lay a wet smooch onto his lips before burying his face in Jongin's chest and giggling in glee. Jongin just tightened his hold on him and giggled with him, not believing things could ever be quite so simple. 

They reluctantly got up, wanting to remain in this little blissful bubble they were in but also being too eager to get back home. They got up leaning on each other and smiling, getting ready while holding hands, not even breaking their hold only switching hands when needed and helping each other get dressed. They didn't want to be apart even for a little bit. 

They grasped hands tightly when they were finally dressed -Sehun was wearing the clothes Jongin had bought as a replica of the outfit he wore that day in the cafeteria- tight black shirt with tight ripped jeans, looking hot as hell. 

Jongin was wearing something similar but was busy admiring the way the jeans shaped Sehun's . It was always nice to see it but Sehun usually wore long shirts that covered it. 

They were heading outside the cave to the designated meeting place where Sehun would receive the cure for the valinean disease. 

As soon as they both reached the bottom they saw all of the vampires that lived in the cave waiting for them. They all gathered around in groups and clusters before everything quieted down as they caught sight of Sehun. 

Cha Min appeared and quickly grabbed hold of Sehun before putting an arm around his shoulders and holding him in place. "We're going to cure him today." 

There was the sound of cheers echoing throughout the place as everyone rejoiced for their vampire brother. "Now Sehun, I will explain something first." 

Sehun nodded indicating that Cha Min should continue. "We made you go through the tests to know for sure whether or not you are trustworthy. The only was to cure the disease is to drink blood from every clansmen of an ancient vampire clan. We will all allow you to drink from us and the conjoined forces of our blood will help to defeat the effects of the disease. We're not sure why it works this way but it does and you will never have to drink from us again either. I'm sure you understand why we had to test you, knowing others with this knowledge might just attack us and kill us for our blood and its strange properties. This is also why we had to subject Jongin to testing as well since he would also know. You guys must promise to keep the cure a secret, if you ever come across someone else with the disease you can explain we have the cure but it's out decision to let them have it or not. Do you accept." 

Sehun and Jongin both nodded, finally understanding why all of these events were necessary. They were then led to a starting point where Cha Min and all the vampires fell into a line, each one extending a wrist forward and upwards in a way that Sehun could drink from. 

Sehun felt touched that they would be so willing to do this for him, regardless of testing or not. The testing was to gauge his character and he was deemed a good person. That meant a lot to him, especially since they passed Jongin as well and he took hold of each wrist firmly before taking only a mouthful from each. By the end of it, he felt no different physically yet he felt strong and warm from the touching actions. 

"It will kill the disease, but it will cause no discomfort or pain. You will simply be able to go back to everyday life and trust that this blood will save it. If you guys ever wish to visit you are more than welcome to come. Bring any future kids you may have as well. 

Jongin and Sehun laughed at that, "We will. After all we owe you any future we may have." Jongin said before reaching out and hugging each and every person. By the end of it, he had tears welling up in his eyes and had to take hold of Sehun before hiding his face in the crook of Sehun's neck and allowing the sobs to take hold of him. 

It didn't take much more for Sehun to begin crying and they bid their goodbyes and expressed such heartfelt gratefulness as they walked away and got into the car about to head back home. 

Sehun fell asleep for most of the car ride before Jongin woke him up to switch, feeling tired from crying himself. 

They reached home around mid afternoon, having stopped off at a small diner to eat before they finally pulled up to the front of Jongin's house. 

Before they could even step outside safely, Taemin, Jungwoo, and Jisung came barelling out the door and racing to their car. Taemin and Jungwoo both ripped the door open in a haste before herding Sehun and Jongin out of the car and squishing them in between the three of them as they had a strange sort of group hug.

Sehun burst out in tears again. He knew Jungwoo and Taemin would have been worried about Jongin's safety and well being especially after hearing he could have been killed had he failed any tests -Jongin told them, not wanting to hide such crucial information from his family- but he didn't expect them to care so much for him and the fact that they cared so deeply for him and looking at Jisung hold both him and Jongin so tight, he knew then that they had already become a family. He loved these boys and could feel them reciprocate his love.

They all held each other even closer now as everyone else proceeded to burst into tears. Eventually they all made their way inside and to Sehun and Jongin's utter surpise, the rest of their unconventional but fully functional family members were waiting for them. Sehun's mother and step father, Sehun's father, Lu Han, Jongin's mother and father along with Jungwoo's father and mother (RE; Jongin's mother and Jungwoo's father are Taemin's parents.)

"Wh-what are you all doing here Sehun managed to stutter out. Lu Han spoke first, "The moment Jisung told us you'd be back anytime soon Dad and I decided to come and Mom and Uncle came here right after you had left." Sehun went to his mother and Jisung's father first and hugged them both before collapsing into his father's arms and remaining in his protective and strong embrace. "My baby boy you scared the out of me. I was going out of my mind not knowing what to do when Jisoo (Jisung's dad) told you about the ancient vampires. I'm so grateful to him and so damn relieved I get to hold you in my arms again." Sehun gripped him tighter while reaching out a hand to Lu Han. He was going to hug his brother but he wanted his daddy to hold him just a little longer.

"How did you guys manage to get the cure and what was the cure?" Jisoo asked. Jongin answered realizing Sehun had no plans of leaving his father's embrace. "Well, we went through a series of tests that the vampires put us through in order to test our worthiness and we were able to push through with perseverance, long training and hard work. As for what the cure is I can't say. We're sworn to secrecy but were given permission to tell others about the vampires having a cure. That's all you guys can know." Jongin knew this was his family and trusted them not to say anything but he also wanted to protect this and truly never tell anyone. Only Sehun and him will know the cure since it was safer like this in the long run. 

Sehun finally detached himself from his father and threw himself across Lu Han's lap before greeting Jongin's parents ashamed of himself for getting to them so late. Jungwoo's mother and father were kind and so was Jongin's mother, however Jongin's father held Sehun's hands and bowed his head, "I am sorry if I hurt your feelings earlier. I was only thinking of Jongin when I told him to find somebody else and it was extremely insensitive of me. I also tested your feelings for my son when I heard of this journey to heal you and again I only thought of my son's safety. This was selfish and wrong of me, especially since you are to become my son-in-law and I hope to make you feel like true family since you are and you will be. I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive me. 

Sehun just pulled the man in for a hug. "There's nothing to forgive, you acted in your son's best interests so I had no reason to be upset, as for feeling hurt. Well, your son fixed that since he does not allow me to feel even the slightest bit sad. I'm happy with him, so truly what's in his best interests will always benefit me." Jongin pulled Sehun away from his father before swiftly kissing him and letting go again. 

The house eventually settled and everyone went to sleep, Jisung, Jungwoo, Taemin, Sehun and Jongin all ended up in Taemin's room since it was the biggest. The had a couple blow up mattresses littering the floor, Sehun and Jongin took one while Jisung took the other and Jungwoo slept on the bed with Taemin. Jongin's parents were in his room- thankfully, the bed they ordered was here and their brothers set it up for them- while Jungwoo's parents slept in his room and Jisung's parents were in his room. That left the guest room for Sehun's dad and Lu Han who had no qualms about sharing. 

Sehun was a bit sad not to see his step-mom whom he called mama and lived with, but his father had explained that while she wanted to come as well they were both aware someone had to oversee their clan, with Sehun gone, Lu Han gone and them wanting to go she urged her husband to go and said she would come visit once his dad went back. Lu Han's fiancee was also unable to get time off work and promised to come later on as she and Sehun saw each other well when he was living with his father and they got along well. 

The night managed to be a peaceful one but the same could not be said for the morning as a more than full house woke up and they all crowded into the kitchen for breakfast. Everyone ended up making and eating their own breakfast since it was completely chaotic before the five boys living there, had to leave for school.

Sehun and Jongin stopped in to explain their situation-they had given prior notice before leaving- and were thankfully given an exception and were able to finish the year and graduate on time once they completed some extra credit work, the teachers gave them seperate assignments and were understanding to them missing a while but they were given a fair schedule. 

They continued about their day, getting back into the swing of school before the ever apparent Yifan made his appearance towards lunch time. 

He immediately enveloped Sehun in a hug before sighing loudly. "Jisung told me what happened." Sehun hugged him back and Jongin just let it happen, not particularly bothered given the circumstances before Yifan let Sehun go and he latched himself onto Jongin. "Thank you Jongin. I'll officially bow out now. I think it's time for me to understand that Sehun's moved on and that you're an amazing guy he's found." 

Jongin blushed, "Yeah of course I am."

It's safe to say later that day after school Sehun and Jongin headed into the forest to spend some time together and the timing was finally right -Sehun had even walked with his emergency bag of the necessities in his backpack- and they finally had .