Entering the Wolves' Cave

Burning Ice and Hearts

This wasn't your typical vampire story. Things were a lot different then you would assume. Sehun would be the first one to tell you that. 

Vampires weren't this scary race. They didn't drain humans of their life's blood. They didn't automatically combust when the sun's rays hit them. A stake didn't kill them. They weren't invulnerable to all weapons. They were not immortal. And they definitely didn't sparkle like some kind of fairy wannabees. 

Well at least this didn't apply to most vampires. Except for the sparkling, no vampire sparkled and the sheer idea of it was just ridiculous. I mean, a vampire? 

Technology had evolved, and there were modern vampires existing right now. Scientists had modified a specific type of medication that suppressed a vampire's hunger for blood and allowed them to digest and process human food, giving their stomach's some kind of nourishment and nutrition. They did need to drink certain amounts of blood but that only happened every so often and was usually injected into their medication. Human donors gave blood to help sustain vampire life, much in the way they would do a blood transfusion. 

Yes, humans knew about the existence of vampires, werewolves and any supernatural creature.There was no need to hide for vampires no longer posed a threat to the human existence and werewolves never did, they simply stayed in hiding because the rest did. It was all out in the open and everyone peacefully coexisted. 

Back to the main point. While vampires did still drink some human blood throughout their lifespan, the sun was no longer a threat. A treatment of exposure to different lasers destroyed that vulnerability and made it so that they could be in the sun. However the sun did give them nasty sunburns and made their sun crisp, it was like a 1st degree-2nd degree burn for them. So, a sunscreen was later developed, this allowed them to go into the sun with mild risk of burning, normal tanning and sunburns occurring. It wasn't something you wanted to forget if you didn't want to roast, literally, and spend time in dark isolation healing. 

Although all of this technology existed, some vampires chose to live without any of it, and these were the vampires that were written in the storybooks, these were the real monsters. They kept to themselves living in seclusion, and under a treaty to only live off of the blood from suicide victims, they often took refuge in the mountains, living like cavemen. Well cavevampires. They lived longer lives, while the average modern vampire's lifespan was 85 years. They were able to be killed, however their healing was faster and their bodies were tougher, not as soft as a human's.

And the most important point, the most wrong assumption was the hatred between vampires and werewolves. They were allies, the werewolves and vampires never feuded but people liked to make their own assumptions that a hot blooded creature and a cold blooded creature could never be friends. 

That assumption was proven wrong as Sehun stood in front of one of these creatures, feeling himself get hot and bothered at the sight in front of him. One of these werewolves, in fact, Kim Jongin, his potential husband. And despite vampires making leaps and bounds with technology, Sehun felt really set back and stupid by the words that had just come out of his mouth. He couldn't believe he had just said that. 

Jongin smirked back at him, leaning against the doorframe and showing off those rock hard biceps of his. Sehun swallowed, watching beads of sweat run down the man's well built torso. 

"Give me a few minutes. I'm still a little out of breath from my work out. But if you want, we can work on getting that baby in you after." Jongin laughed. Sehun gaped at the man, kind of tempted by the offer, not knowing if that was a douchebag talking or not. 

"I'm just kidding, Come on in and sit down. I'll get something for us to eat while you and your brother get settled and then we can talk." Jongin continued, ushering them inside. 

Sehun and Jisung complied, following them inside. As Taemin showed to their rooms, which were located upstairs, Sehun noticed Jongin grabbing a towel and heading into what was probably the washroom. 

"So, you'll both be sleeping in seperate rooms, but Sehun, given the reason why you came, you'll be sleeping in Jongin's room. I know that you still have a say in this marriage and whether or not you want to proceed and this may make you feel like you really are being forced into an arranged marriage but that's not our intention here. We want you both to truly understand what being together and living together will be like. You'll be able to learn each other's quirks in a faster and easier way. But rest assured, you'll be sleeping on seperate beds." Taemin explained.

Sehun didn't exactly love this arrangement but he understood why. "I'll give it a try but if I feel like we're going too fast and getting in each other's space too much to properly develop a relationship, I will ask to stay in a seperate room until we're comfortable enough. But for now, I'm okay with it." Sehun replied. 

Taemin nodded, showing his understanding. "So, this is your room Jisung, you can get settled now. We'll eat just now and then after if you want, you're free to rest." Jisung walked into his room, setting his luggage down and beginning to unpack his clothes. Sehun followed Taemin a bit more, the farthest room on the right is where he stopped. "So, this is Jongin's room. He cleared out half of his dresser for you, I believe it's the right side, but you can always just open the drawers and check." Taemin said, before bidding him goodbye and leaving to go downstairs. 

Sehun walked in looking around. The room was a nice light blue, with a nice sized window and two Queen beds. They fit without taking too much space since the room was huge. Must have been the master bedroom. They were fit in a way that they were beside each other with a small nighttable seperaring the two beds so that there was a gap between them. 

Sehun noticed a pair of black frame glasses lying abandoned on the nighttable along with a book, lying open, flat down. He walked up to see what the book was called and saw the title; What Makes a Family, it read. Hmm, Sehun had read that before, it was an extremely beautiful book. The triplets were adorable as well. 

He started to unpack his belongings, and true to his words, the right side of the dresser was empty. Sehun did end up checking and opening the top drawer of both sides. It seemed that the top drawer is where Jongin kept all of his boxers. 

Sehun didn't take long to finish packing since he had sectioned his clothes off into different portions when packing, well, Luhan had done it after seeing that Sehun had shoved all his clothes into his suitcase in a messy pile. It seemed that packing it neatly sure did come in handy when unpacking but if Sehun were to be honest with himself, he probably would have just shoved it into the drawers just like that. 

As soon as he was finished he went downstairs to see everyone sitting at the table and Jongin bringing a pot of food to the table. He was fresh out of the shower wearing comfort clothes, sweats and a t-shirt, with a towel hanging around his neck and catching all the water droplets dripping off of his hair. 

He smiled when he noticed Sehun, "Come and sit down, Don't just stand there." He told Sehun. Sehun obeyed taking one of the two unoccupied seats at the table. He couldn't help but notice the only other unoccupied chair was directly across from him. Jongin slid into the chair after setting the pot down. 

Jongin waited until everyone took what they wanted before helping Sehun to his food. "Oh, by the way Sehun, I took it upon myself to order some blood medication for you and your brother. Since you're not sure how long you'll be here and I wasn't sure how much you brought with you."

Sehun smiled at Jongin, "Thanks! That's a big help actually. We only brough enough for two weeks. I was actually planning on ordering some when we got here. I still need to order sunscreen though, or else I'll burn. Literally." Sehun half heartedly joked, thankful that Jongin had gotten their medication. 

"I can get that, my account is already open, I'll just add sunscreen to it. Ah, Sehun and Jisung, you both will be in school right, it is starting soon." Jongin questioned. 

The two nodded, "We'll be going with Jungwoo right?" Jisung asked. 

"Uh, no. Well, yes. But I'll be going with you guys as well, didn't your parents tell you?" Jongin asked looking confused. "No, they didn't. Aren't you done school Jongin?" Sehun questioned. 

"Well, I was supposed to graduate last year but I wanted to go into this University program for technological development and I needed to take certain classes, so I'm back for one semester to finish that." Jongin explained. 

"So you'll be taking us?" Sehun asked. Jongin nodded, chewing on his food. "Yeah, Taemin is in his last year of university right now, but it's close to the high school, so he'll be dropping us off and picking us up whenever he can. That way we don't have to take multiple cars. On days his schedule is different, we just run to school. You're free to ride on me if you want." Jongin said. 

Jisung choked on his food, erupting into laughter while Jongin had this adorable confused look on his face which slowly morphed into embarrassment and understanding of what he just said. Sehun was just quiet, not really sure what to think. 

"Shut up Jisung. Don't feel bad Jongin, I know what you meant, and sure, but if you want we can run too, we're just a bit slower. Not everyone can transform into a wolf and leap while running. We still have to run on two feet." Sehun awkwardly tried joking around to lighten the mood.

Shortly after eating, Sehun, Jongin, and Jungwoo gathered around the TV to watch a movie. Taemin had things to do, and Jisung wanted to sleep so they both excused themselves. 

Jungwoo asked if it was okay that he put on a horror movie, and they both readily agreed. Halfway through the movie, with Sehun and Jungwoo sitting on the two ends of the bed and Jongin in the middle, there was a jumpscare and Sehun jumped, clinging onto Jongin. 

He was about to pull away when Jongin grabbed him tightly, wrapping a strong and protective arm around him. Sehun could feel his heart beating faster, and he allowed himself to lean his weight against Jongin and accept the warmth.