chapter 21

i'll never love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Sorry for the wait, lovelies! Once again, thank you for all the comments, I'm happy to see you guys enjoyed the last chapter :)) I apologise that I can't reply to every comment, but if anyone wants to have a chat about this fanfic (or anything like izone related maybe) just dm me on twitter @rabbitfeather1.

Also, uni started for me so I can't promise weekly updates anymore, though I will try to keep it as quick as i can and on a somewhat regular schedule.

This chapter is somewhat short, but it's important to understand Eunbi's character and how she thinks in depth.

Thanks again everyone, hope you enjoy this chapter.

 

D-36

“I’m leaving!” Chaeyeon announces into the living room.

 

Wonyoung looked up, sparing only a brief glance towards her mother. “Bye, ma,” she bids her short goodbye, before turning her attention back to her phone.

 

Chaeyeon was almost offended by her daughter’s lack of interest, but then she remembers how teenagers can be and lets it go. Besides, Chaeyeon’s attention was quickly taken by her wife, who was running across the room with a childlike sound that can only be described as whining.

 

Eunbi ran straight into Chaeyeon’s arms and clung to her wife as if her life depended on it. “Do you really have to leave?” asks Eunbi, leaning back to look Chaeyeon in the eyes.

 

“Sorry, Eunbi,” Chaeyeon apologizes with a pout. “It’s out of my hands—the financial department called an emergency meeting.”

 

Eunbi nods sadly, paired with her own pout. While she can understand that Chaeyeon’s job demanded much of her time, Eunbi had already gotten used to spending her weekends with her wife, uninterrupted. And every other time where Chaeyeon seemed to have gotten away with leaving her duties on the weekends didn’t prepare Eunbi for Chaeyeon cancelling on their family time. She was just glad Wonyoung was able to keep her company for today.

 

Truthfully, Eunbi hadn’t realized that she was even capable of being this clingy to anyone.

 

Eunbi feels a soft kiss placed on the crown of her head. “Have fun with Wonyoung today. I’ll be home as soon as I can, okay?”

 

“Okay,” Eunbi says, albeit reluctantly.

 

Chaeyeon starts to separate herself from their embrace while saying that she really needs to go, but Eunbi couldn’t help but pull her wife back in for a kiss. It was a perfect balance between urgency and restraint that wouldn't provoke Wonyoung to start yelling at them, but their kiss wasn't exactly chaste either. When Eunbi manages to pull herself away, she could see the both of them were sporting dumb, giddy looks that clearly showed just how much they enjoyed their kiss.

 

“Now you can go,” Eunbi whispers against Chaeyeon’s lips. Even as she says so, Eunbi still clung to Chaeyeon’s waist and wasn’t really planning on letting go. Her wife practically had to pry herself out of Eunbi’s arms.

 

With one last longing glance at Eunbi’s direction, Chaeyeon finally walks out the door to leave for her meeting.

 

It was only a few seconds later when Eunbi was still staring at the door, longing for her wife to come back, that she realizes just how much of a lovesick puppy she’s being right now.

 

Lovesick?

 

She shook her head and sighs to herself, quickly pushing the thought to the back of her mind, before leaving to get ready for her outing with Wonyoung.

 

–––––––––––––––––––––––

 

“Bet you’re excited to hang out with your mom, huh?” Eunbi asks with a generous amount of enthusiasm, nudging her daughter’s shoulder. They both were waiting patiently as the elevator took them to the base

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter