chapter 10

i'll never love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

A bunch of people has said that the last chapter hurt, so i guess, i'm sorry?? Maybe I should tag the story as angst.

But anywho, this chapter is much lighter than the last one, so I hope you guys enjoy it :))

Also I apologize if there are mistakes or typos, i just didn't have any time to edit, sorry about that folks.

 

D-106

Sakura had knocked on her studio door at 1 p.m. on the dot, asking Eunbi to have lunch at the restaurant located on the ground floor, same as always. Unfortunately, this time Eunbi had to decline her best friend’s invitation.

 

“She packed you lunch?” Sakura asks.

 

“Yeah,” Eunbi answers, recalling the morning she had at home. “She said she just wanted to cook for us.”

 

She being the reason why Eunbi had to decline her friend’s offer. And she was also the very same reason that had made her heart leapt and twisted her stomach into knots so many times, even just in a couple of days.

 

She was Eunbi’s wife.

 

++

 

Her wife had gotten up early in the morning––Eunbi only knew because the sounds of cluttering pans and chopping on the wooden cutting board woke her up just as early. From the moment she woke up, Eunbi curses herself for being such a light sleeper. But as the scent of freshly brewed coffee and kimchi penetrated her senses, Eunbi stopped complaining. Surprisingly, it wasn’t as bad of a combination as she thought it would be, to the point where her feet moved on its own.

 

Eunbi could definitely say she was eager to see what Chaeyeon had cooked up this morning.

 

Quickly stepping into the shower to get ready, Eunbi was dressed in the next quarter of an hour. With one last look in the mirror, Eunbi assesses what she was wearing; a tight blouse tucked into an equally just as tight pencil skirt that accentuated Eunbi’s curves. Good. This was one of those days that Eunbi wanted to look good––look better, she means. Eunbi doesn’t think she cares to know why it was today exactly, though.

 

When Eunbi steps out of her bedroom, the wonderful smell of breakfast entrances her to hasten her steps into the kitchen. She was greeted by the sight of the dining table set for three people; with rice and three steaming bowls of budaejjigae, completed with assorted, small side dishes as well. Eunbi thinks she might be dreaming. Then she sees the culprit, hunched over the stove, and her back towards Eunbi.

 

“Is there a special occasion I need to know about?” Eunbi asks once she’s near enough to start salivating just by looking at the breakfast laid out. 

 

Chaeyeon whips back to face Eunbi, surprised to not hear her wife sneak up behind her. opened and closed, trying to speak but didn’t come out with any words. If Eunbi wasn’t mistaken, she thinks she saw her wife’s eyes roaming her up and down, but Chaeyeon had quickly answered her with an uncharacteristic stammer, “N-nope! No occasion at all.”

 

“Then, what’s all this?”

 

Chaeyeon shrugs. “I just thought it’d be nice to have breakfast together,” she answers, before quickly turning back around to impressively toss the kimchi fried rice in the pan with just one hand. Eunbi almost applauds Chaeyeon for looking like a professional chef, but she was more concerned for the (great) amount of food that her wife prepared. “You’re cooking more food?”

 

Eunbi saw the slight nod of Chaeyeon’s head. “Yesterday you said you were getting bored with always having lunch at the cafe in your building, right?” Without waiting for Eunbi to answer, Chaeyeon continues anyway, “So, I’m packing this for your lunch––And for Wonnie too. She really needs to stop eating tteokbokki all the time.”

 

Eunbi stares at the back of her wife’s head, her own mind trying to decide whether she should let herself read more into her wife’s kind actions or not. Before she could come to a conclusion, Chaeyeon’s voice steals her attention. “Come here.”

 

“What?” Eunbi asks, but walks closer to her wife anyway.

 

Chaeyeon raises a wooden spatula with a small amount of fried rice and blows onto the food lightly to cool it. She pushes it slightly closer onto Eunbi’s direction, “Come have a taste. Is it spicy enough for you?”

 

Eunbi takes the offered food and practically moans. If it was possible for one to go to heaven because of eating delicious food, then Eunbi would already be at heaven’s gate by now. “That’s sooo delicious.”

 

“Good.” Chaeyeon smiles widely, not bothering to cover up just how pleased she was with herself.

 

Eunbi plops herself down on the dining table, silently waiting for her wife to finish cooking, and for her daughter to come out of her room. It took quite a while before Chaeyeon broke that silence, long enough for Eunbi to start snacking on the banchan in front of her.

 

Finally, Chaeyeon approaches Eunbi, but didn’t bother sitting down next to her. “Actually, Eunbi... I wanted to apologize again for what happened yesterday.” She pauses, looking to see if Eunbi would say something. When Eunbi didn’t, she sat on the chair next to her before continuing, “My behaviour––and especially what I said to you while inebriated wasn’t the most... decent. And I’m not blaming it on the alcohol, it was just me being an . But, anyway, I’m sorry.”

 

If Eunbi had to be perfectly honest, what her wife said last night did hurt her. Eunbi sympathised with Chaeyeon, she really does. They were somewhat of a limbo, not knowing exac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter