- 02

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The first day of school begun with a ruckus but had a soft ending, Miyeon just waved at her new-made friend, Jisoo, while catching the bus back home. When she finally made it home, she slept soundly after diving herself into her soft bed sheets. Overall, the first week went on smoothly. Miyeon always pressed her beautiful uniform, wore it at her best, checking if the skirt was too short, or placed too high on her body. Jisoo smiled at her every day, blessing her with her beautiful set of teeth. After a lonely weekend, Monday arrived again.
Miyeon felt an unknown strength in her soul, everything was new to her, and she was happy of stepping into her class again. Her eyes met Jisoo's figure, sitting all by herself, and scanned her seat.
It looked like something was written on there, with a black marker, but Jisoo was trying to hide it by covering it with her history book.
Miyeon was fighting hard with her curiosity, she wanted to know what was written there, but she silently sat on her seat and smiled at her. 
The previous week they didn't have many chances to interact. Lessons made them extremely busy, and Jisoo always disappeared during lunchtime. Miyeon always wondered what she was up to, while she was eating all by herself. It would have been good to have somebody to talk to, but it wasn't the case. 
Sadness conquered her heart in a matter of seconds, and all that active strength she had just five minutes prior seemed to have disappeared.
She quietly sat and observed the classmates that already arrived.
One of them was the mysterious guy that got mad at Jongin. He was sitting right behind her desk. Miyeon wondered how couldn't she notice him earlier because his face was quite recognizable in the middle of the crowd.
She started analyzing him again, without even realizing that she was doing so. Her eyes traced the line of his jaw, his defined cheekbones, and finally, his mysterious eyes. 
Baekhyun, after being in his little world for a few seconds, realized she was staring at him and looked at her right back.
When his dark eyes met Miyeon's brown ones, she almost felt her heart getting out of her ribcage.
She turned back quickly, making her hair spin in the air, and she pretended to read the book on her desk.
Surely Baekhyun would have thought she was mad or something. Why was she staring at him in the first place?
Miyeon started turning the pages of her book, while she was pretending to study. Her cheeks turned so red it made her feel uneasy. What if someone noticed? She was the New Girl. Everyone's eyes were all over her. She needed to behave.
Her eyes rose a little from the textbook, and they rested on Jisoo's figure. Her head was resting on the desk, and her eyes were closed. Probably she didn't get the chance to sleep much during the night before, and she was sleepy. Perhaps she was, but her face looked relaxed and healthy. Being wealthy surely had its perks.
Miyeon smiled imagining Jisoo getting dressed from head to toe by a stylist every morning, while she had breakfast with the most exquisite casket of fresh fruits. Her life surely looked like a dream.
A little paper ball hit Jisoo's head, stopping Miyeon's river of stupid thoughts. She worried instantly. Who threw that ball?
Miyeon's eyes roamed around the class to see if there was somebody that could have looked like the culprit, but everyone was either studying or snoozing on the desk. She didn't even want to turn around and check what Baekhyun was up to, because she knew it would have been awkward.
Jisoo opened her eyes because she was hit, and she looked at the paper ball resting on the floor, with a sad gaze. Miyeon felt her heart sink into the deepest dark well.
Miyeon wanted to help, and at the same time, she wanted to duck and take that paper off the floor. She wanted to open it, read what was written in it, and even start yelling against the guilty one. 
Her dreams looked so glamorous and heroic. But the reality was pretty different. Miyeon's muscles were paralyzed; she looked like she even forgot how to breathe correctly.
The deepest fear walked on her back and made its way in her muscles. She wanted to help, but why couldn't she even move?
Miyeon kept wondering that while she was trying to fight with herself. Jisoo closed her eyes again, while her head was resting on the hard surface of her book, and the history teacher made its entrance in the room.
Everyone rose from their chairs and bowed towards the elder, which smiled in Miyeon's direction.
That was weird.
Why did that teacher have such a variety of expressions on his face?
Everyone looked at her with a straight emotionless face. It was refreshing to see somebody finally using their facial muscles.
Miyeon smiled back, and she sat back on her chair.
After verifying the presences of the students, the history teacher introduced himself.
Miyeon was looking for Jisoo's eyes. After that paper attack, she wanted to check if she was doing fine.
Jisoo smiled at her and then dived herself into their book, opening the page they were studying at the moment.
Miyeon imitated her new friend while chuckling a little.
Jisoo looked like a good person. And Miyeon was happy because she met her.


Miyeon was finally getting the dynamics of the class. Jongin always came in late. He sat at the back on the class. He often didn't bring any books, and he had an entitled attitude. He didn't talk much with other people, except for a girl, called Chaeyeon.
She was probably the only girl in the class that could sport a full pair of monolid eyes without fear. She looked great from head to toe, beautiful long hair, and always glossed pink lips. They talked like they both shared a secret, always going to the back of the class and whispering into each other's ears. Miyeon couldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter