- 05

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin's hand grabbed Miyeon's arm and slammed her body to the black lockers in their school hallway. Miyeon didn't even open her eyes fully, it was only nine o' clock and she barely even digested the cookies she ate in the morning. Miyeon was too confused to set herself free from the taller and stronger man. 
She didn't even remember how she ended up in the hallway, because of how sleepy she was. Miyeon probably needed to grab some books from her locker when Jongin got close to her. And in a matter of seconds, he was all over her. 
His black charcoal-like eyes were pointing at the New Girl, that looked back at him, confused. 
The large manly hand was holding onto her arm, just a few centimeters away from her shoulder. His fingers were holding her firmly. It seemed like he didn't want to let go of her any soon.
But she actually didn't feel scared, not even one bit. She was just confused and wondering. What was the reason he was holding her? Was there something she did wrong? Or did he wanted to say something to her?
"What?" Miyeon finally said, still half asleep.
She was naturally curious, his reaction was a mystery to her. 
Both of them were diving into the most profound silence and Jongin's hand started feeling a little annoying on her skin. She wanted to break free, but she knew he would catch her again if she did so.
"New Girl is not as brave today." Jongin spoke up.
Miyeon was so sleepy she didn't even remember how to speak correctly. It was just hard for her to make her brain work to find a coherent answer to spit out, so she just kept staring at him and breathed slowly. Jongin found it extremely attractive. Her big eyes were pointing at him, and she was calmly waiting for him to talk. That stare made him feel superior. Her attention was ovbiously something that he liked having on himself.
Mr. Dark  knew that and realized it for the first time when she got angry at him for skipping the queue. When she stared at him, he felt like he could win the world's hardest competition. It made him feel validated and confident. Her eyes were definitely something else.
Jongin smirked. Miyeon couldn't stop staring at him. She wanted to guess what he was going to do, what was going on in his mind.  But his eyes were cloudy and dangerous, no matter how many times she tried to stare at them. He was unpredictable.
"I'm waiting for my 10.000 won." He just said, casually.
Miyeon chuckled. Was he actually asking for his money back?
"If you only let go of my arm, I could take my backpack and my wallet," 
It was a really hard work to find those words in her brain since it was still not functioning correctly. And having someone as good looking as Jongin close to her didn't help her. Their short distance definitely made Miyeon feel something.
"If I let you go, you're gonna run away. Probably into Baekhyun's arms." 
When Jongin's words reached Miyeon, she felt her heart racing.
She couldn't believe those words came out of his mouth. What was it with those two?
Miyeon wanted to answer, but her voice was cut off by someone speaking up and anticipating her.
"You are probably richer than anybody else, but you're out there asking for money? That's humiliating."
Miyeon knew that voice. When Jongin heard it, he immediately left Miyeon's arm, who was finally free.
The dark guy turned around and grunted.
"Byun, I thought the cat got your tongue."
Baekhyun grabbed Miyeon's arm and brought her behind of him like he was shielding her with his body. Jongin chuckled.
"She has a debt with me. Stay out of it." He said to Baekhyun while staring directly at his face.
Miyeon found that frightening. She didn't know how Baekhyun could bravely talk to him when Jongin had that firm expression on his face.
Mr. Perfect hands ran fast towards his trouser's pockets for some bills and when they finally found them, he handed them to Jongin.
The tall and dark guy smiled, in a bitter way.
Then he just turned around, after longly staring at Miyeon, and he left. His tall figure entered into their classroom, leaving the hallway, and Miyeon felt like a weight got off her heart. He was gone. And his dark aura was too. 
Baekhyun checked her and grabbed her shoulder again, this time in a soft way, caressing her lightly.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
Miyeon nodded and then pushed Baekhyun a little afar, with her hands on his chest. She was confused by what just happened, and she still felt some shivers on her skin.
That duality in Mirae High School was making her vomit, and she didn't want to side with anyone. Miyeon just wanted to live a comfortable life in her new school. No drama, no boys. Only friendship and studying. 
Baekhyun looked at her a little bit confused.
As the New Girl turned around and walked towards the class, Baekhyun wondered what happened.
Why was she acting like that?
The New Girl was hard to understand.
He sighed, and then he headed to class too.

Jisoo skipped class that day. And Miyeon noticed it because her seat was sadly empty. Luckily, her desk was still clean. Nobody dared to write something over it while she was away. It was still all cleaned up, thanks to Miyeon's hard work.
That meant that Miyeon had to have lunch with everyone else in the cafeteria. And that meant three other things: Baekhyun, Jongin and the Divas trio.
A little bit tired, the New Girl stood in the middle of the queue, while trying to pay attention to her smartphone. She didn't want to raise her gaze and maybe meet somebody weird. 
Unluckily, the universe didn't listen to Miyeon pleadings.
A skinny hand grabbed her shoulder, and when she turned around, the bunny girl's face showed up.
Miyeon wanted to punch herself in the face to make her nose bleed and have an evident reason to excuse herself to the bathroom.
But she couldn't, so she just smiled at the other girl. She always had her hair fixed, her lips tinted as her eyes wore a pair of fake lashes. The effort she put on always looking perfect disturbed Miyeon a little.
"Do you want to sit with us? A lot of time has passed, but we still want to talk with you." Nayeon said while she took her tray.
Miyeon took the chance, while she was grabbing her plate of Bulgogi, to cringe a little on the inside. She didn't want to sit with them. She hated to feel uncomfortable and judged by a group of girls. She surely needed some friends, but their presence was threatening her. 
"Yeah, it's okay," Miyeon answered politely, while her left hand closed hard around the tray's handles. The desire of running away actually occurred in her mind for a few seconds. Miyeon could visualize herself throwing her plate in the air among all the chaos and running out of the door. It was do-able.
Nayeon smiled at her and beckoned her to follow her. Miyeon rolled her eyes, making sure Nayeon couldn't see her.
Her brain was preparing for the little mind tricks they would play on her as soon as she sat with them. She learned how these people were made. Friends in front of you, but your worst enemy behind your back. She was afraid of them.
When she finally put her legs under the table, Chaeyeon smiled at her. She was holding her chopsticks in her hand and pointed them in her direction, which looked a little rude. Miyeon ignored it an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter