- 11

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyeon didn't really feel like what she was doing was a good idea, she couldn't even mark it as an "okay" idea, it was the worst idea she had ever come up with, but there she was, sitting in front of Jongin, in the deepest silence.
He was the Visir of everything that was wicked and brought bad consequences, and that was probably why he felt like he needed to threat her to make her actually pretend to date him.
Because yeah, it was only a whole stupid pretending. No feelings involved. Nothing was flowing into her veins, if not blood and the anxiety brought by the possibility of her parents seeing that pic. 
She was tired of that play. She spent the whole morning smiling at him and the only thing she wanted to do was smack him in the face. 
Jongin had this weird problem-solution mechanic that didn't really work out. Nobody ever understood his reasoning and he looked like he moved into the world without a single logical thought in his brain. 
While she was swinging her foot back and forth, sitting with her right leg over the left one, she was staring at Jongin eating his rice.
Something was wrong with his mind, which meant that Miyeon was doomed to be there and be his pet for the whole time being. 
Jongin, after a good five minutes he started eating, realized something was wrong. 
As he rose his gaze, he met Miyeon's dead pupils. His soul shivered, because her foreign-looking pair of eyes felt haunting on his skin, but he tried to conceal it.
"Not hungry?" He simply suggested.
Miyeon nodded, without even blinking.
Jongin kept eating. 
"You know..." He started. 
When he rose his eyes again, he was pointing his metal chopsticks in her direction. He looked like he was trying to find good enough words to express himself. Miyeon didn't wonder about it, Jongin wasn't exactly an eloquence expert.
"When I imagine dating somebody, I don't imagine a scary girl staring at me like she wants to kill me." He continued.
Miyeon, usually, would have laughed. But she felt this weird pressure on her back, probably because the whole cafeteria was staring at them in awe, it made her go crazy. 
"Some men would pay for this. It's called kink, you know that?" 
Jongin almost spit his whole lunch onto his own plate. 
He looked at her, with a dumb smirk on his full lips.
"How did our flower princess learn this? Do you go on dangerous sites at night?"
Miyeon stared back at him, with her arms crossed on her chest.
After a few seconds of silence, Jongin chuckled and kept eating.
Miyeon sighed, as she stared at him.
She felt hungry indeed, but the pressure was building up in her body so much that it made her feel sick.
"You're not eating the bulgogi, are you?" Jongin asked. 
Miyeon shook her head lighlty as he proceeded to eat her portion too. 
"What a good girlfriend. She shares with her boyfriend." Jongin commented.
Miyeon felt the need to vomit. Even if she already digested her breakfast, which was long ago, and her stomach was empty, she felt like she needed to throw up. 
She tried to fight it, while keeping a still - stoic position. 
On the other side of the cafeteria, Nayeon was staring at them with the biggest pair of eyes. 
"Close that mouth or flies will enter." Chaeyeon commented, as she stared at the scene.
She looked like she enjoyed it. Somethins was going on between those two and she was liking what it was. It almost made her laugh.
In her heart, she couldn't deny she felt somewhat jealous. But that scene was unbeliavable. 
"Look at that. When you give somebody a piece of attention, they immediately think they are something else." 
Sakura stared at them, worried. When Chaeyeon spoke with that robotic tone, as she always did, she knew nothing good was gonna come out. 
"Jongin has always shown some-" Nayeon tried to speak, but Chaeyeon shut her up with her right hand. 
"Let me enjoy the view. It will be the first and last time she will have this kind of spotlight." 
Nayeon nodded, as she dove into her food.
But her eyes couldn't leave Miyeon's silhouette.
Nayeon wasn't exactly her best friend, but she felt like something was wrong. She could only see her back, which made her even more nervous. She didn't know if she was crying or if she was okay. The only thing she could spot was her frozen posture and the way her foot nervously swinged under the table.
Something was probably wrong and she didn't know what.
Nayeon was still wondering about the sudden change of seats between Chaeyeon and Miyeon and now, this whole romantic lunch with Jongin didn't really click in her mind. 
She ate her lettuce, while analyzing the scene. 
Then, victim of her own curiosity, her pupils traveled and reached Baekhyun's figure. 
He was staring too. Without bating an eye, his elbows were pressed on the table surface and his monolid looked scary. Baekhyun was blessed by the nature with a beautiful and expressing face, which was why it was worrying when nothing was being shown on his face.
He was still. He didn't even talk with his friends.
And after a few seconds, he just raised himself from the chair and he exited the cafeteria. It was so silent that some people didn't even realize he left. 
Nayeon worried even more when Chaeyeon, who was busy checking out the romantic date of the two, realized Baekhyun went missing.
She sighed, but then she went back at eating her own food.
She knew she won. 
It was only a matter of time.

Baekhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter