- 19

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since Jongin released those stupid pictures, Miyeon's life totally changed.
She always found herself attacked by countless reporters everytime she stepped onto Mirae High School soil. Luckily, it seemed like they still couldn't figure out where she lived. She started to be driven around by Baekhyun's family, and she always admired the skills of his chaffeur. Surely he was used to escape from furious reporters. 
She couldn't take the bus anymore, and her eyes started getting used to the over-use of flashes bu the journalists.
New Girl held tight onto her backpack, diving her nails into the fabric, and looked right in front of her. 
When she finally entered the hallway, she was immediately reached by Nayeon. Her signature bunny smile was showing and Miyeon looked at her like she had just seen a ghost.
"What are you doing? I'm a traitor. You shouldn't be seen with me." Miyeon hissed at her friend.
Nayeon shrugged her shoulders.
"Look at this." Nayeon handed her smartphone to the New Girl, who stared at the screen.
"Why are people speculating about what I wear?" Miyeon wondered, while reading the article.
Nayeon chuckled, showing her big front teeth.
"You are Nation's talk now."
Nayeon scrolled through the site, hitting the screen with her beautifully manicured nail and Miyeon chuckled.
"Why would people be interested in my diet? Or my heritage? What the...?"
Nayeon laughed.
"I don't know, but it seems like girls are becoming more and more interested in you!"
Miyeon shook her head.
"Can I read the comments?" She tried to scroll down, but Nayeon snatched the phone from her hands.
"No! See ya!" The bunny girl fled, leaving Miyeon chuckling a little.
Were the comments about her that bad? 
She walked into her class, erasing fast the smile she previously had on her face.
A sense of relief made her breathing slow down, when she realized Chaeyeon wasn't actually there. 
But Jongin was. 
So it was her moment to attack him.
Miyeon walked fast into the class, slammed her bag onto her desk and immediately grabbed Jonging's collar. 
Jongin, who was previously playing silently a game on his phone, rose his gaze and met hers, with a smirk.
"So the traitor is a tough girl now?"
He didn't feel like she was a threat, instead he was looking at her with a sarcastic gaze.
"Why did you release those stupid pics?"
"I did?" Jongin pretended he was dumb, bringing his eyes back to the screen.
Miyeon held even tighter his collar. 
"Look at me." 
Jongin pretended not to hear her at all, so Miyeon shook him with both of his hands. 
At that point, Jongin stopped looking at his phone and stood up. The desk moved with violence and the noise kinda scared Miyeon, who still tried to pretend that everything was under her control.
But it wasn't.
"Now you have my attention. And my anger." Jongin stared deep at her, leaning in a little.
Their height difference was showing and was making Miyeon look much less intimidating. Let alone scary. 
Miyeon kept holding the collar of his shirt, like she was trying to hold onto her sanity. Jongin grabbed her wrist and clenched his fist around her.
"Don't even try to mess with me. You know I'm way scarier that you think."
The class was still very empty. Only Nayeon, Sakura and a bunch of other girl classmates were witnessing the scene. Nayeon was ready to jump and intervene in any possible moment. But she was really scared too. Jongin didn't look like he was joking, at all.
Miyeon clenched her hand even more and Jongin held her so tight it started to hurt. 
"Why did you do that?"
"Do I need to explain myself to the stupid New Girl? Or should I say, traitor?"
Miyeon snatched her wrist from his powerful grasp. Then she pushed his chest, still locking her gaze with his. 
"You and me are over. You know? Over." Miyeon said, adding some English at the last part of her sentence.
Jongin still smirked. But he didn't look very happy, even though a smile throned on his full lips. His eyes looked sad. He must have been really broken, since he let her push him way harder than he would have permitted to anyone else.
Miyeon took a step ahead, and pushed Jongin again. 
"Don't ever talk to me again. You broke your promise. I'm gonna break mine too."
Miyeon stared at his reaction for a second. She analyzed his frowning forehead, his fake smile and the way his eyes were staring at her. Like he was waiting, pleading for her to say something else, to change her mind.
But she didn't.
Miyeon took a step back, and then normally walked towards her seat. She sat there, ignoring people's eyes glued on her back and she scrolled through her music library. 
As she pushed the earphones in, she went into the internet and looked her name up. 
"What did Kwon Miyeon wear the day before Kim Jisoo passed away?" "What is Kwon Miyeon diet and how you can achieve her slim figure" "Why Kwon Miyeon looks so mysterious? Hypotesis on her ethnical background"
She smiled seeing the stupid articles about her. Reportes were really gaining an interest in her and she couldn't say if she liked it or not.
But it was really funny, at least.

Chaeyeon didn't show up at all. 
Which was weird, but Miyeon didn't even question it since she was happy she could sit at lunch with Nayeon and Sakura. 
She was the talk of the school. People couldn't take eyes off her, all because of that prick, Jongin. 
Nayeon filled with rice and smiled at her. 
"You don't even know how much I hate Jongin." Miyeon sighed, looking in his direction. 
He was talking with Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter