- 12

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was feeling numb because of the classic music playing in the restaurant and he was sure as hell that he would never eat italian cuisine again, it would bring back the harsh memory of having to stare at Chaeyeon's face the whole night. 
He cleared his throat, while he was cleaning his mouth with a fabric tissue.
His tie was so tight it felt like it was going to cut the oxygen circulation and Baekhyun lowkey hoped it would, so that he could end that suffering earlier than expected.
Chaeyeon didn't even look that bad. She had a beautiful pair of shoulders, her collarbones were showing and her milky skin looked soft to touch. Baekhyun would have almost thought of her as a normal human being, if only he didn't hate her guts. She was a wonderful girl, but he couldn't stop thinking about the Prism scandal. Nothing was revealed yet, so it was dumb for Baekhyun to judge her, but it was something unavoidable.
He hated even more the fact that his sister wasn't there, according to her parents she was at a friend's house since they needed to pull an all nighter for a test.
That's a good ing excuse, isn't it?
"I think Baekhyun and Chaeyeon would make a really great couple, wouldn't they?" Her father started, in the middle of the silence.
A really bad move since Baekhyun had just started drinking from his glass and he could feel water entering into his beloved lungs. It was too unexpected.
He started coughing and he hit his chest, trying to get the water out of his respiratory system.
Chaeyeon smiled, trying to ignore him.
"She is really pretty, they would look so good on the newspapers." Mrs Byun added.
Baekhyun looked at her like he wanted to choke her. What was she saying? Was she out of her mind?
He cleared his throat again and then looked at the corpse of the pasta carbonara he ordered, laying there on his plate. He was not hungry anymore. That dinner was disgusting him.
"I am currently focusing on my studies now." Baekhyun answered with a fake smile, while he recollected slowly the right breathing pace.
He almost suffocated because of what he had to hear.
Her father chuckled, pointing at him with the steel fork he was eating with.
"He's such a diligent boy. It would be good for Chaeyeon, she's a little demon." He commented, while Baekhyun's parents laughed.
"What can I say, he's right." Chaeyeon finished the phrase with a mezmerising smile, joking with him.
Ms Jung nodded.
"She's a daddy girl. She's like her dad. They have the same brain." She smiled.
"Which is good, she will be a perfect enterpreneur." Mr Jung said proudly.
Baekhyun wanted to vomit right on the spot. That family didn't really make him feel at ease. He felt like everything that came out of their mouths was only a pile of lies and that they were just as wicked as Chaeyeon.
Everything was hidden behind that angelic smile. 
"Why don't you and Chaeyeon go on a date someday?" Mr Jung proposed.
Baekhyun looked at him like he just cussed him out.
"W-What?"
"You two can have a drink and get to know each other." He smiled.
Baekhyun in only a pair of seconds tried to enumerate the most various excuses he could think of.
"Wouldn't that be good?" Mr Byun smiled. 
"If I had some free time, I could do that." Baekhyun answered with a simple smile on his face.
What exactly was he trying to do?
"Wow, Byun family heir is hard to reach." Ms Jung joked.
Baekhyun felt the embarrassment make its way on his face. It was clear he was trying to avoid her, but it seemed like her parents didn't want to let go.
He couldn't take it anymore.
With his hands on his thighs, he excused himself and bowed towards Chaeyeon's parents. After that, he walked towards the bathroom, while breathing deeply. In and out. Slowly.
When he entered, he checked his face in the bathroom's mirror.
His face looked beaten, he had a deep pair of eyebags and he was tired. Tired of faking smiles and tired of pretending to like those people. He just wanted to go home.
He lowered his face towards the sink, hoping that some cold water on his skin would wake him up from that terrible nightmare, and he heard a loud noise behind of him.
In a matter of seconds, Chaeyeon's figure appeared on the mirror.
He hoped that an asteroid would hit him in the head and make him faint right there.
"This is the men bathroom." He simply said, while washing his hands.
Chaeyeon didn't answer, she just kept walking towards him.
"I just said-" Baekhyun tried to say, but Chaeyeon's index finger shut him up.
H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter