- 10

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun and Miyeon lost track of the time. Only after one hour they were able to get away from each other. When she yelled at him, mad because they lost one whole hour without doing anything productive, he chuckled. He knew she was feeling awkward as hell and she needed to shrug it off and bring the situation back to the normal side. What happened between them was an explosion, and Miyeon recognized that. It was dangerous.
She got up from the couch, feeling embarrassed.
"I really gotta go." She said, while she was walking towards the door.
Baekhyun smiled as he follower her around, after grabbing a pair of sneakers and a coat.
"Take this." He said, while she was recollecting her high heels from the floor.
"We obviously don't have the same shoe number. They won't fit." Miyeon said sassily.
"My sister wears those and this coat is hers too. Don't worry."
Miyeon nodded and put on the coat, while Baekhyun helped her tie the shoelaces.
Miyeon observed the side of his face while he was kneeling in front of her. The line of his nose and his forehead looked heavenly to her. Baekhyun was a really beautiful piece of work. Whoever sculpted his face, did a really good job. 
He got up after he tied her shoes and a little, while they were climbing down in the elevator. Miyeon was silent and wanted to die for the whole ride, since she couldn't get out of her head the picture of Baekhyun leaning in and kissing her. It wasn't a real kiss, a kiss kiss, it was more like a peck. But it still made her body go crazy.
Baekhyun noticed and he tried to lighten up the mood. She thanked him mentally because of his good and bright personality. She loved people who talked profusely and saved the mood from being awkward.
As she was laughing because of his stupid puns, they both got out from the building he lived in, only to find themselves in front of an enraged individual.
Jongin.
Jongin. There was Jongin just standing in front of her.
Miyeon looked at him with shock on her face, while she was holding her high heels with her right hand. What was Jongin doing there? And why was he actually in front of Baekhyun's house? 
Seeing her didn't make Jongin less angry. He looked like he could break the whole world with one single fist. As an alpha wolf, he was scary. His piercing eyes were analyzing Baekhyun's figure, while his fists were clenched.
The black shirt he was wearing looked a little ruined, not pressed, while his messy hair partially covered his forehead. He ignored Miyeon, grabbing Baekhyun's collar with both of his hands.
"I knew you would do this." Jongin growled, while staring deep into Baekhyun's eyes.
Miyeon was confused and scared. Doing what? Jongin was mistaken. Baekhyun didn't do anything bad. 
"Do what?" Baekhyun spoke up, with an arrogant tone.
"Bring her to your house, you're a ing pig." Jongin spat.
"Are you trying to protect her now? With Joohyun it didn't look like it." Baekhyun answered back, confidently. 
Miyeon bit her lower lip, realizing that Baekhyun got too far this time. She tried to meddle in, but it was too late.
Jongin's fist hit Baekhyun's cheek in a flash. The sound of his bones touching Baekhyun's skin rung into Miyeon's brain. 
As a tear of blood started running from Baekhyun's mouth, Miyeon's heart beat rose.
She immediately reacted.
With both of her arms, she shoved Jongin, while her muscles were burning because of the tension.
"Stay away from him!" She yelled. Her broken voice was so loud that it echoed on the street. Jongin was unironically surprised that a sound that strong could come out from her little body. 
"You should stay away from him too." He answered bitterly.
Then he looked at Baekhyun with a smirk.
"I'll be even worse if she's not around. You got just lucky." He threatened him.
Then he put his hands in his pockets, turned his back at them and just left.
Miyeon was frightened. And panicking.
She didn't even know what was up with those two anymore. 
The blood pouring out of Baekhyun's mouth made her feel upset, while Jongin's words made her wonder. What did he mean by saying that? And was it normal for two human beings to hate each other that much?
Baekhyun tried to clean the angle of his mouth with the back of his hand, staining the white part of his shirt sleeve.
"Baekhyun I-" Miyeon tried to speak up.
She didn't even know what she was going to say but she knew she needed to say something. She couldn't just stay put. It wouldn't be respectful for Baekhyun, since he took it as a champion. Her heart was racing and her hands were sweating. The adrenaline was running high into her body, making her feel a little bit confused. She felt the tension building up in her stomach, while a knot formed into . Everything was so messed up, she couldn't even believe that Baekhyun survived after that killer punch hit his face. Miyeon would have probably been gone for good if she was in his place. His physical resistance surprised her, but she still worried. Her hands were trembling.
"It's fine. Don't worry." He simply shrugged it off.
He noticed the way she was shaking and he grabbed her hands, trying to stop them from moving. He smiled warmly, forgetting about the blood showing on the side of his face, which made him look a little bit scary.
Then, after patiently dabbing his sleeve on his skin, he brought her to the bus station. And Miyeon felt so sorry about what happened that she sighed in relief when she finally got on the bus and got to be alone.
That Jongin and Baekhyun fight was making her feel dizzy and guilty. And the image of Baekhyun's blood staining his porcelain skin was making her feel even worse. The magic of their kiss was brought away from the scene of those two fighting, the knot in was making her feel awful. She was making everything worse. If she didn't attend that stupid school, Baekhyun would have surely been better off, and Jongin too.
She felt tears running down her cheeks, as she looked at the city moving in front of her.
Sometimes, she just wished she was normal.

 

That Monday Miyeon was welcomed by a sudden change of seats in her class. She realized she was moved on Jisoo's seat, while Chaeyeon took her beloved place in front of Baekhyun.
While holding her books next to her chest, she glanced at her classmate with a confused expression.
"That seat needed to be reassigned and no one wanted to sit there because they're afraid it would bring bad luck... But you don't mind,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter