- 14

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While Sakura was pulling out of her closet countless outfits, Miyeon stared at her, sitting on her bed with a hot cup of tea in her hands.
"You do have a lot of clothes." Miyeon said in japanese, after taking a sip of her tea. 
Sakura nodded and then pulled out a beautiful red sheer dress.
"I think this would be in your likings." 
Miyeon shook her head, worried.
"I need to dress like you. I shouldn't choose red clothes or something that I would wear, people will understand we're two different people."
Sakura nodded, putting the clothes hanger back into her closet.
"I would mostly wear black." The Japanese girl said, while diving her hands back into the sea of fabric. 
"We should pick something masqued."
"But not too risky. It's lucky that we both have dark hair, but our figure is way different. You look taller."
Miyeon agreed, sipping on her tea.
"Do you have like cat ears or something that could go as a costume?"
Sakura looked at her, while thinking deeply about the answer.
"I should have a pair. Check there." Sakura pointed at the bed side table and Miyeon proceeded to do so.
In fact, she had a big collection of cute head bands. Miyeon smiled and took out the cat one. 
"I have a black mask too, somewhere." 
While talking, Sakura pulled out a black dress. It was a good choice. The skirt was large and probably more comfortable and it had a beautiful off shoulder feature on the top part.
"Do you still have the heeled boots we gave you for Jongin's party?"
Miyeon pointed at her school bag, resting on the floor.
"I brought them with me. I know I could have needed them."
Sakura smiled, happy because Miyeon came prepared to her house.
"I need to give Nayeon those back, one day or another."
Sakura chuckled.
"Don't worry. Nayeon has a lot of things. She wouldn't bother if you kept them."
As Sakura started rummaging through her beauty case, Miyeon stared at her with a puzzled expression.
"I'm gonna take care of your makeup too. I'll do everything I would do on me, but you'll be my model." 
When Sakura spoke, Miyeon chuckled. That girl was taking it so seriously. It was funny.
Miyeon put her tea cup on the desk and got closer to Sakura, so that she could actually look at her face and figure out what would be the best option regarding the makeup.
"I never realized you had such plump lips." Sakura laughed.
"I'm sorry." Miyeon joked.
"It will be hard." Sakura bit her lower lip, as she passed a cleansing product on Miyeon's face.
Miyeon was actually enjoying that full makeover. It was funny and they were both having a great time. She thought Sakura was way more interesting than she thought.
"How do you know Baekhyun is gonna attend the party? He is not really a big Prism fan." 
Sakura tapped her fingers onto the cream concealer case and applied it to Miyeon's skin.
"Chaeyeon is sure he's gonna come, she said he agreed on attending the party as soon as she proposed him." Sakura confessed.
Miyeon started wondering how that could happen.
"Really? That doesn't sound like him." 
Sakura smiled.
"Yeah, I know Chaeyeon did something to force him to. I think she got her parents involved too."
"Her parents? What are you talking about?"
"I don't know much, but I kinda overheard her conversation with her parents. She's sure she's going to have him by tonight." 
Sakura's choice of words made Miyeon chuckle, and Sakura slapped slightly her arm. 
"Don't move! Or I'm gonna make a mess!"
Miyeon tried to obey, but she kept chuckling as Sakura was working with her foundation.
"Ovbiously, both Nayeon and Sehun know I'm not gonna come. So don't worry, they're both in on this."
"Why would they be?" Miyeon asked, genuinely wondering.
Sakura stopped for a second and stared at her deep in the eyes.
"Do you think we're all ruthless creatures?"
Miyeon smiled embarrassed.
"Not everyone but... A good part?"
Sakura shook her head with a smile and grabbed an eyeshadow palette from her desk.
"Nayeon is happy for you. And Sehun thinks you're a funny seatmate. Don't worry."
Miyeon kept staring at the floor, while the makeup brush got closer to her eyes.
"Close your eyes." Sakura ordered.
"Why are you helping me? Shouldn't you help Chaeyeon?" 
That was it. She asked it.
Miyeon felt her heartbeat rise, but Sakura didn't look bothered by her question.
She kept working on her face, slowly. The brush tip was tickling the skin of her visage, while her foundation started to dry.
"Since Chaeyeon started caring about Baekhyun, she changed. And it hurt her so much it makes her plot and be vile against other people. I know she's grieving when she acts like this." She calmly explained, being careful to use easy Japanese words so that the mixed kid could easily underdstand.
"She would grieve even more if she lost him."
Sakura this time stopped, and stared deep into Miyeon's eyes. She had traces of dark eyeshadow on one eye, which made her look extremely funny.
"Baekhyun was never hers." Sakura commented.
Then, she closed her model's eyes again and applied some more makeup.
"And I don't think it's fair to fight for someone like this. Manipulating the situation won't make it any better. One day Baekhyun will learn everything she has done and she would still lose him."
Miyeon mumbled. What Sakura was saying was true. But she was still not satisfied with her answer.
"I wouldn't be her friend if I helped her self destruct." The japanese girl added, dumping the brush into a little cup with water in it.
"Now I need to choose a good lip-tint." Sakura said to herself, while checking into her beauty case.
Miyeon was staying still. Sakura had her reasons. And surely they made a lot of sense. She was actually surprised by her emotional intelligence. She would have never guessed Sakura had such a deep understanding of other people. 
Actually, Sakura was happy of helping Miyeon. She liked that girl and she thought Chaeyeon was being a little too cruel on her. Miyeon looked like she was a girl with good intentions. Being an introvert, one of her top notch skills was observing people. And she could never forget how Baekhyun snatched Miyeon from their table and how hard he fought for her to stay with him. His face expression said it all. And she felt like it just wasn't right to force him to be with Chaeyeon. She deserved somebody who really loved her and could give her attention and time. Baekhyun just simply couldn't. He was too much invested in Miyeon to notice her friend. And Sakura thought it was better like that.
The Japanese girl took out from her makeup case a beautiful red lip tint. 
"This is good for a cat costume. I will use the gradient effect to make your lips appear thinner. Or at least I'll try." Sakura said, with a smile.
Miyeon nodded.
"Thank you."
Sakura applied the makeup and then gentily dabbed with her fingers on her lips.
"You sure do have an interesting face. A beautiful double eyelid, big lips and a small nose."
Miyeon wanted to answer but she was afraid Sakura would have killed her if she moved.
"We're done." Sakura said with a smile and then pointed at the mirror in her room, beckoning Miyeon to check herself out.
Miyeon was actually astonished when she finally saw the final result. She looked bold and fierce. The way Sakura worked with her eyeshadow made her eyes stand out and the lip tint was put just right, her full lips were less visible. She smiled.
"Your foundation is slightly lighter than my skin color." The model noticed.
Sakura started laughing loudly.
"I am sorry that was the darkest I had." She tried to justify herself and Miyeon laughed even more.
It wasn't even that noticeable, but it made her chuckle. She wasn't bothered by that. A lot of korean girls liked to put lighter foundation on their skin, it wasn't a big deal. 
"Go put on that dress, and put on both the mask and the head band. I want to see the final look." Sakura ordered and Miyeon executed.
When Sakura finally got to see the final look, she clapped her hands.
"It looks so good. And with the dim lights of the club, it will be impossible to differentiate between our figures."
Miyeon smiled, checking herself out in the mirror. Sakura was right. She really did a great job.
Sakura looked at her, while thinking deeply. She checked the time, to see how much time they still had before Miyeon had to go.
"This is the most important part. In ten minutes Chaeyeon will get here to pick me up. Little does she know that you're not me." 
"Of course I'm not you." Miyeon joked and Sakura pushed her lightly, chuckling.
"She will be seating in the front seat, she always does. You will sit on the back. Look out the window, but if she talks to you don't try to avoid eye contact. Me and her are comfortable around each other and it would be weird if you did." 
Miyeon nodded. 
The scene looked funny from the outside. It looked like Miyeon was a soldier and she wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter