- 15

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyeon started speedwalking.
She didn't even know how she wasn't feeling the pain of her huge heels, probably the alcohol and the adrenaline were making her numb. 
She hid herself in the middle of the crowd, with the glass in her hand, occasionally drinking from it. Because everyone was dancing and moving around, she poured the liquid on the floor countless times before reaching the other side of the club. She didn't even care, she was not gonna drink it anyway. She wasn't a big fan of alcohol.
When her eyes met the ladies bathroom's door, she had a genious intuition.
She could hide in the bathroom, at least until she figured something out, instead of just randomly meeting Baekhyun and almost getting caught.
Miyeon walked into the bathroom, with an empty glass in her hand. She expected to be alone in the whole room. 
But, her predictions were wrong.
The figure of a wasted Jongin was laying on the floor, with one arm resting to the side of one toiled and his legs going out of the bathroom stall. 
In the bathroom, there were two other girls. One of them was squatting next to Jongin, while the other one was standing, checking herself in the mirror.
"Can you believe this ***er just puked on my dress?" 
Miyeon stared at the girl that was standing in front of the sink and looked at her dress. That was true, there was a brown-ish stain on her.
"I only wanted to have fun, not to be a baby sitter." The squatting one said, while fixing her lipgloss as she looked into her phone screen.
Miyeon suddenly felt sad. 
Those two girls were probably partying with Jongin, who beautifully dressed as a pirate, and when he got wasted they started maltreating him like that.
She walked next to him, making her high heels sound loud, scaring the two girls.
As she got close to the almost dead body of Jongin, the one with short hair looked at her, puzzled.
"Do you know him?" She simply asked.
Miyeon nodded slowly. Then she squatted too.
The two girls mentally thanked her. They could finally go back to the party and enjoy themselves, leaving that drunk mess to her.
"He drank like, a lot. But I think he already vomited it all over on me, so don't worry. He's dehidratated and his name is-" 
"Jongin. I know." Miyeon spoke for the first time, cutting off the long haired girl. 
She nodded, then linked arm with her friend and they both left the bathroom.
The music that just some moments ago was making her ear hurt, finally felt like a long lost memory. The bass of the DJ set still reached the walls of the bathroom, but everything was so silent and cold that Miyeon was able to hear Jongin softly breathe.
They were finally alone, with no one around them. And Miyeon was grateful for that. 
The cat girl got up, emptied her glass in the sink and filled it with tap water. Then, she got on her knees again and lightly slapped with her hands Jongin's face, which was resting against the white surface of the toilet.
The pirate suddenly woke up, confused.
"What-?" He slurred, as he passed his left hand on his face.
Miyeon kept looking at him, while the top part of her face was hidden by the black mask Sakura gave her. He was so attractive it made her knees feel weak. She felt bad because of her rejection, but Jongin was a scary guy. She felt scared of him. He could destroy her in a few seconds, like a huge monster.
"You're the japanese girl... right?" Jongin asked her.
If only Miyeon wasn't korean, it would have been hard for her to understand the way Jongin was talking. He was too wasted so he couldn't articulate his words well.
She simply nodded.
In the bathroom the silence reigned, as the music outside sounded distant. 
Miyeon handed him her glass.
"If I drink another glass of alcohol I might just die right here." Jongin said, while lifting his head and resting it against the hard surface of the bathroom stall.
"Which wouldn't be bad. Dying sounds like fun." Jongin kept talking, but Miyeon was tired of listening him.
She grabbed with one hand Jongin's face, holding him still and with the other one he forced him to drink from the glass.
Jongin looked a little confused by that gesture, but he kindly complied and drank. 
When he realized it was water, he chuckled. 
"You're a really good nurse." He .
Miyeon wanted to smile, but she remembered what Sakura advised her to and she simply smiled without showing her teeth.
"If I wasn't like this, I would surely kiss you." 
Miyeon looked at him, with a confused face. 
Jongin guessed from her eyes what she was thinking and he shook his head.
"I'm not talking about being drunk. I'm talking about being in love."
Miyeon was even more confused. That guy was talking in riddles.
"If I wasn't in love already, I would have kissed you." Jongin told her, making sure she would understand every word.
He tried to pronounce them correctly and he kept looking into her eyes, to see if she understood.
Miyeon didn't even try to talk. In love with who?
Jongin's dark eyes analyzed Miyeon's empty ones, and he gave up.
He just let himself go against the bathroom's wall and he sighed.
"You can't even understand me. What's the deal." He said to himself, munching on his own words.
Miyeon grabbed his hand, as he was going onto his pants to reach for something, probably to find a cigarette.
His eyes met hers and he smirked.  
The Pirate didn't let go of her hand. Instead, he made room for her to sit next to him and he kept holding her small fingers into his. 
"I don't even understand myself. How can I expect you to do so? I'm sorry."
Miyeon didn't move, while Jongin played with her hand and looked at the ceiling of the bathroom.
"I am really into a girl these days. But it's hard to deal with it." He started talking out of the blue. 
He then observed the metal rings on his fingers and made them spin on his fingers, while the other hand caressed Miyeon's smooth palm.
"The truth is I don't know how to socialize with people. How to make them understand that I care about them."
As Jongin kept talking, he looked more awake. He still smelled like alcohol so much it made Miyeon feel sick, but he seemed chatty. Miyeon kinda damned herself, if he wanted to have a good conversation she wasn't going to comply. She couldn't talk, or he would have realized she wasn't who he thought she was.
"But you know, she is making me go crazy. She always runs away with another douche. A really big ***er. And I can't stay put."
He paused.
"My life would have been so much easier if I only didn't feel like this. I feel like I need to compete with that guy and I need to make her feel like she's only mine. I always feel like this, deep in my heart. Like she's a prey I need to chase."
Jongin turned his body towards Miyeon. His huge hand grabbed hers and placed it at the height of his chest. Miyeon could feel the ruined texture of his shirt under her skin, while he was staring deep into her eyes.
"Right here. There's a fire that I can't stop and that keeps telling me to follow her. To make her mine."
Jongin's fingers held strongly her hand.
"How do women work? Is there a way for me to communicate with her? I'm asking you to please, help me. I don't know how to." 
He looked heart broken as he spoke to her. The words he just pronounced hurt him, like he just spat out fire balls.
Miyeon wanted to help him, but she didn't know how. She bit her lower lip, while nervousness was making her feel tense. That damned Jongin.
Jongin left her hand, and stopped looking at her.
Miyeon observed him for a few second, and when he turned his head towards the floor, Miyeon already guessed what was happening.
He was crying.
"No, no." She said in Japanese, getting closer to him. 
She forced him to lift his face up and she dried his tears with both of her thumbs.
"Don't cry." She still said, speaking in a foreign language.
"I know what you said." Jongin chuckled, while tears were still coming out his eyes.
He looked like he was going mad. Crying and laughing at the same time. Jongin was really something else.
"But my broken heart hurts so much that I can't even breathe." 
Jongin kept crying, biting his lower lip. He didn't even know what he was doing, he wasn't thinking at all. His brain was numbed because of the quantity of alcohol running high in his blood. 
"Please help me." He whispered.
Miyeon grabbed his head, walking close to him and brought it next to her collarbones. She wanted to hold him strongly and make him feel that she was there for him.
Jongin grabbed her hips and made her sit on his legs, so that it would have been easier for her to hold him.
And they stayed like this.
Jongin crying, and Miyeon wondering what in the world was happening and why she put herself into that situation. 
Her heart was crying too.
Even if he scared her and he made her feel like he was the one in control, he deeply down only acted like that because of his istincts.
So, Miyeon was right.
He really was a wolf.
And as a wolf, sometimes he needed to be reassured and held dearly.
As Miyeon held him, Jongin cried his heart out.
He cried so hard he fell asleep, with his head next to the toilet seat and his arm still wrapped around Miyeon's waist.
Even if he didn't know the cat eared girl was his love interest, he still managed to hold her strongly.
She smiled, looking at him sleep.
"Wolves are so cute when they look defenseless" she thought as she got up from his lap and walked outside of the bathroom.

The night was still on. Even if Jongin was snoozing on the toilet's surface, people were going crazy on the dance floor, swaying their hips and kissing each other in horrible ways.
Miyeon smiled timidly, while she walked towards the bar. The music was making her stomach tremble, while confusion reigned into her head. That Jongin always managed to make her feel something. Like she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter