- 17

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyeon didn't even know what was up with her, but she couldn't sleep at all. Everytime she closed her eyes, the image of Jisoo smiling made her eyelids open wide again. New Girl changed her position again, rolling her body in the warm sheets. Her forehead was visibly sweating and she could feel her lungs go numb. Was she breathing too fast? Or wasn't she inhaling at all? The darkness didn't help her. The fatal dark hug of the night was holding onto her so tight it made her stomach turn inside out. Jisoo's hollywood set of teeth showed up in front of her closed lids, and Miyeon could swear she sensed the strong smell of the food they both shared under the bathroom sink. That wasn't good.
Her heart was sore, she could feel it beating in her chest in a throbbing, damaging fashion. Her slender fingers reached for her phone on the nightstand, while she tried to regulate her own breathing.
Breathe in, breathe out. 
It shouldn't be too hard. 
Her eyes got blinded by the screen light, and maybe by some traces of makeup that she failed to remove when she came back home.
It was three in the morning, and she was shaking into her bedsheets, while her skin was literally going on fire.
The dark pupils of her eyes wandered on the screen, while she typed fast with her fingers on the touchscreen.
"Are you up?" She messaged Baekhyun.
She bit her lower lip, wondering why the hell she thought of him as the first person that could help her in the middle of a mental breakdown.
Her hope of getting an answer almost faded away, when finally a little banner on the screen made a little smile rise on her full lips.
Baekhyun's answer wasn't that clear. He actually just sent her a link to an article, but her phone failed to load the page successfully.
She typed a question mark as an answer, while slowly eating her lip's skin surface.
"Sneak out, I'll be down your house. I need to show you something." 
Miyeon freaked out a little, as she stared at the screen.
Her legs popped out of the bed like she had just been called by the President himself, and jumped into the best fitting pair of jeans she owned. She grabbed her red sweatshirt and pushed into her bag her school books and her school uniform. She suspected she was going to be gone for a long time and she was afraid of not being able of coming back home to change into her school attire. 
Her parents didn't even see her come back anyways, since they were sleeping. They knew she had a school party, so it wouldn't have been suspicious if they didn't find her the morning after in their home. 
With all of her might she tied her shoes up and closed lightly the door behind her back, running on the stairs. 
Her hair was still messy, which was why she was brushing them with her fingers, and probably her face looked like a whole mess. 
As she walked outside, her thumb kept tapping the link Baekhyun just sent her but it still was giving her problems. That was weird.
A cab was waiting for her in front of her house, with Baekhyun sitting on the backseat. He smiled at her.
Funny, she thought. He was still dressed up. He probably didn't even sleep.
Not that she got much sleep either, but at least she changed her outfit.
The way to his house was short, but hauntingly sleep inducing. Miyeon was craving for some good night sleep, but everytime she tried closing her eyes she could feel something come back from the darkness and actually grab her heart and squeezing it. 
Baekhyun noticed and he simply put his wide hand on the top of hers, while checking if the driver was going on the right way.
In less than twenty minutes, Miyeon was sitting onto Baekhyun's office chair, with her knees on her chest and staring at his laptop.
Baekhyun gently gave her the chair and stood in front of his desk, while surfing the net. 
Miyeon chuckled, looking at him working on his laptop, full dressed. His light blue eyes switched between tabs and links, his fingers swayed on the keyboard. He probably would have been a wonderful pianist, seeing how fast he typed onto the research bar.
"It didn't open the link when I clicked on it." Miyeon pointed out, with her eyes glued on the screen. 
Baekhyun and Miyeon looked funny, in the darkness of his huge room, with their faces exposed to the violent light of his computer. They were working, at least Baekhyun looked like he was actually working, Miyeon was just staring and biting her own fingernails.
"Of course it didn't, right when I sent you it got deleted." Baekhyun murmured, while checking between all of his tabs which one was playing some eerie music.
She couldn't lie, the situation was starting to make her skin shiver.
Not even the close body of her favorite vampire, Baekhyun, could make her feel at ease. Something strange was going on.
"What did it talk about?"
Baekhyun shook his head.
"It's some journal that tried to light up the dynamic in my sister's accident, and Jisoo's one."
"Your sister too?"
"Luckily, when I started reading it, I noticed her name was at least censored. Everyone knows, but at least they cannot figure out who they were talking about."
"So, what did it say?"
Baekhyun looked concerned, and a little conflicted, as he lowered his head to read the small characters showing onto the screen.
"Someone unknown, tried going through with an hack on all of this, and they descovered that every lewd post about the two girls had a common source."
"A common source!? What?" Miyeon rose her voice by the shock and Baekhyun smiled, closing with his right hand, jokingly.
"Yeah, a KakaoID user. Luckily no video of my sister was posted still, but it's suspected to be one same person."
"One same person?"
Baekhyun nodded, focused.
"Who would that be?"
The vampire shook his head.
"I don't know. The article I sent you showed some kind of name tag, a code maybe that could reference us to that same person's account."
Miyeon chuckled.
"How do you know all of that stuff?"
Baekhyun smiled.
"I don't. But for my sister, I would learn every single subject in the world, if it meant saving her."
Miyeon smiled back. It must have been nice to have Baekhyun as a protective brother. 
"Ovbiously the internet just went crazy with weird theories and stuff, but the owners of the page cancelled everything. It was blowing up too fast."
Miyeon stared in disbelief, watching many people talking about Jisoo and what happened to her.
Everyone felt entitled to have their own opinion. Everyone was hiding behind a screen, and they acted like they knew her.
Miyeon felt shivers crawling on her back.
"I never realized how popular Jisoo was."
"You don't even know how many articles were written about her. Her outfits, the way she moved, the way she acted just some days before the accident."
"It's crazy."
"It's crazy that a girl kills herself because some lewd videos of her were leaked in social networks."
Miyeon mentally agreed with him. He had a point. Jisoo didn't deserve any of that.
While Baekhyun kept surfing the net, like a maniac, Miyeon was calming herself by breathing in a calm pace. 
"But who would do this to two girls? Who would release Jisoo's videos and ask restlessly for the sick videos of your sister? They are not even related."
Baekhyun passed his hands in his hair, sighing. Miyeon was right. His sister and Jisoo had literally no common link.
Miyeon saw his expression, filled with panic and sadness at the same time, and tried soothing him by caressing his shoulder with her left hand.
Baekhyun looked at her and smiled, as his face was lit by the computer screen light.
"Let's not rush. You're going crazy."
"I know. I need to be fast and find that information." 
While Miyeon's hand was his arm, Baekhyun's hooded eyes navigated the web pages and the comments with precision and caution.
"There it is. A comment says that the username that published it had this name." Baekhyun pointed his finger to the screen.
Miyeon squinted her eyes to read the small letters.
"Whiteprince?" Miyeon said aloud.
Byun nodded.
"How can we be sure?"
"Do you have any alternatives?"
Miyeon thought he was right. It wasn't okay to doubt the info, as long as she didn't have a better one. 
"I'm going to print all of this, give me a minute."
Miyeon chuckled, as she could see Baekhyun moving around, his forearms and hands showing, while working. 
The printer started spitting out colored paper sheets and Baekhyun chuckled, feeling proud of his own work.
A smile was naturally born on her lips. He looked so cute.
"So, neko-chan-" He turned around, with papers into his hands.
"We have a lot of remaining free time. Wanna watch a movie?" Baekhyun proposed, with an englightening smile on. 
Miyeon couldn't see well his eyes because of the darkness, but she was sure they were so squinted they looked like two lines. 
Baekhyun moved fast, held the desk with both of her hands and got his face so close to Miyeon's eyes she could feel his breath tickling her skin.
She couldn't stop staring into his eyes, like a magnet he was drawing her to him. 
Baekhyun was planet Earth, and Miyeon was the little moon that couldn't avoid rotating around him.
She nodded, charmed by his deep, lens colored eyes.
Baekhyun surely had many powers, and one of them was luring humans.
As a vampire, it was surely one of his favorite things to do.




Miyeon entered in class, followed by a really beautiful smile on her face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter