- 08

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the whole week, classes were silent and dull. Miyeon couldn't still believe what she just had witnessed, and she tried to drown into her studies for the whole weekend. No phone distractions, only studying. Jongin was nowhere to be seen, and Baekhyun had been silent in a weird way, he'd only greet Miyeon and then dig into his thoughts. The trio was quiet when they had lunch together, and Miyeon couldn't understand why.
There was something that kept torturing her brain, moving aside Jisoo's death. In her mind, the way Jongin held onto her and his crying voice kept replaying. His hand felt so strong on her shoulder, while his long arm embraced her and brought her as close as possible to his body. Miyeon couldn't help but think about it. She was surprised about the way he was showing his feelings to her, no masks involved.
Jongin was a truthful person. He never faked to like someone and never smiled in someone's face if he didn't mean it.
Miyeon liked that type of behavior. Surely he wasn't loved by other people since it was much more socially appreciated to be smiley and kind, but Jongin was always true to himself.
Which was why Miyeon was shocked about what happened that day.
She wanted to talk to him about it, but she didn't know when. She didn't want everybody to see it, and surely Baekhyun wouldn't have appreciated that. They bonded so much. It felt like she was betraying him if she bonded with Jongin too.
Miyeon shook her head while she was walking towards the cafeteria. The student's crowd was all around her while her thumb was scrolling on her phone's display.
While she was walking, she felt a presence on her side.
"Let's talk after school." Someone said in her ear, and she recognized Jongin's voice.
When she finally turned her head and stopped staring at her phone, he was already gone. But his voice was impossible not to recognize.
Miyeon at first didn't want to be all alone with Jongin since he kinda scared her. His deep black eyes, the way he moved and spoke made her shiver, even if she always tried to hide it. But the way he portrayed himself while he was grieving for Jisoo, made her change her mind. Jongin probably had a lot more to offer, and Miyeon wanted to discover what was it.
When Miyeon took her first step into the cafeteria, she recognized Baekhyun's figure. As he was already sitting, he beckoned her to get closer.
Miyeon felt a little scared. Why did he want to make her sit in front of him? In the middle of the whole cafeteria?
Suddenly, a memory blinded her, flashing in front of her eyes.
She remembered of Sakura, the Japanese girl that drunk a little too much during Jongin's birthday. She remembered the way they both talked comfortably, and she immediately thought of the little secret she shared with her: Chaeyeon was into Baekhyun. Miyeon couldn't find the reason why she didn't use her seduction skills first. It was easy to be seen, she was always staring at him, and she got extremely pushy when she saw he took her punishment in front of the whole class.
She shook her head as she followed her mind. She had to shut up her feelings, them up, and pretend as nothing happened.
She was already suffering for Jisoo's death. She couldn't handle to be at the center of another Mirae School scandal. It was too much for her.
Her long fingers put the hard plastic tray on the trio's table, as she was mentally preparing to sit in front of Chaeyeon. She had been doing that for at least two weeks, but she still didn't get used to the way Chaeyeon looked at her. Her sharp monolid eyes were always checking her, as she was trying to find something into Miyeon's smile. A little rupture, something where she could push further to make her fall. That was what Miyeon felt every time they were facing each other. Miyeon's dream was to sit in front of Nayeon and smile at her cute bunny teeth or just joke with Sakura about her limited Japanese skill. But that was never possible. She could always sit only in one chair, and it was the one in front of Chaeyeon.
"Stop it." A voice spoke up, in the middle of the cafeteria.
Miyeon turned her head around. 
When she recognized Baekhyun's sharp eyes, she felt like she wanted to drown herself into the school's toilets. It would have been less painful.
"Can't I eat?" Miyeon answered, a little bit upset.
"Kwon, do you ever listen to what other people tell you?"
Miyeon bit her lower lip, feeling confused. What was Baekhyun talking about? She expected him to have a way sassier comeback, but instead, he just looked annoyed at her. Like she had done something wrong.
Since she came into Mirae High School, she had always been scolded by everyone. Baekhyun, Jongin, the professors, and that was something new to her since she had always been a top student. The perfect one. Everything about her conduct was impeccable, and the way she had been treated was making her wonder. Was she making so many mistakes in a row? Why couldn't people just listen to her instead of demanding attention but not giving any in return?
"No, I'm deaf," Miyeon answered, slamming her hands on the table.
A scared Nayeon followed her figure with her eyes, as the New Girl got up from the chair to face Baekhyun.
He had a stupid little smile on his face, which made her feel a fire blossoming in her stomach. That was it. She wanted to attack him and push him away from her.
Miyeon had always had the problem of wanting people out of her personal space whenever she got angry. She was always welcoming and not scared of physical contact, but when she got annoyed, everyone needed to back off. Once she pushed one of her elementary school friends so hard that she fell back down on the floor and she hurt her . She had some problems with people making her angry. It made the pressure of her blood rise.
She knew herself too well, and she knew that Baekhyun was too close to be comfortable. He was standing tall in front of her, so close that she could feel his breath tickling her fringe.
Miyeon needed to push him, to make him back off a little so that she could finally breathe again.
Her little hands shoved Baekhyun's body, at the height of his chest. She didn't have any strength whatsoever, which made it easy for Baekhyun to stop her, by only grabbing her elbows.
Then, with his right hand, he pulled her towards him, making sure she was staring at him while he did so.
"Since you're deaf, read my lips. Do. Not. Eat. With. Dangerous. People." Baekhyun said.
He didn't even bother lowering his voice, while the whole cafeteria was staring at them in silence. Gorgeous. Exactly what Miyeon wanted to avoid at all costs.
Chaeyeon looked at him, confused, as he stared at her for a few seconds.
Then, he lowered his fingers and grabbed Miyeon's right hand, without moving his gaze from Chaeyeon's figure.
"Eat well, Chaeyeon-ah." 
As he spat the last sentence, he held onto Miyeon's hand with his whole strength, and he dragged her out of the room, walking out from the cafeteria's entrance door.
Nayeon looked at Chaeyeon, as she was visibly hyperventilating, in the middle of a panic attack. Sakura tried to fan her with her hands, as everyone gathered around Chaeyeon and the other two, worried for her health.
The only one who stayed away from Chaeyeon was Jongin, who kept staring at the door.
He got up, kicking his chair and then left, with his hands in his uniform's pockets.
He was raging. And the only thing he could think of was stamping his fist onto Baekhyun's pretty face.

As Miyeon was waiting for the bus, Jongin got closer to her. He moved so fast she didn't even have the time to process his presence. 
He immediately wrapped his arm around her shoulders, like he was greeting an old friend, and chuckled.
"Hello princess."
Miyeon looked at him, disgusted. 
It was so weird to hear that type of romantic words coming out of Jongin's full lips. He didn't have the face of a passionate guy or just somebody soft and understanding. Jongin was lethal and dark. 
"Those nicknames only work in dramas. In real life, it just sounds corny."
Jongin shook his head with a little smile on his lips.
"We danced together as a prince and a princess. Am I not allowed to call you like that?"
Miyeon grunted a little, crossing her arms on her chest.
"Danced? I was scared, and I was following you. Wouldn't call that dancing." Miyeon said, and Jongin chuckled.
They kept walking, in silence. Miyeon didn't feel awkward. Of course, she would have preferred if he could take off that arm from her shoulders, but deep inside of her, she appreciated it. It was the way he showed her his affection.
Miyeon stared at her shoes as she walked on the sidewalk. It was almost 9 pm, and the street was a little bit crowded. Not too much, they could still have a private talk together. They were surrounded by people dressed formally, probably some employees of a big conglomerate, and sometimes they could spot some students, with a different uniform. She knew that people stared at both of them since the Mirae High School color combination was kinda popular; everyone knew where it belonged. It was weird to see two of those top notch students walking together like ordinary people. Usually, they were driven around by expensive cars and paid chauff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter