- 03

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's words kept coming into her head, even if she tried to fight it off. Why did he tell her to go? Why was he so worried about that? She couldn't explain that to herself.
The way he grabbed Chaeyeon's shoulders and his angry voice, she couldn't forget that.
Her shoes touched the classroom's floor, and with her head high, she looked at the group of the three girls. They all greeted her with a smile on their faces, which surprised her. She expected them to be mad at her because she left, following Baekhyun's orders, but apparently, they weren't. She checked fast Jisoo's desk, and when she met eyes with her, she felt relieved.
Miyeon was worried that she wouldn't show up at school anymore. But there she was, with her heart-shaped rosy lips and her beautiful brown hair. The black marker word was still there. But Jisoo tried to cover it again with something, this time it was her cute branded bag.
Miyeon's heart sunk a little. She always had that fantastic smile, even though her eyes had to read such a despicable and horrible word. She was an actual angel.
As her beige skirt moved, Miyeon sat on her desk. Her hands pulled out her chemistry book from her backpack, and she stopped for a second, noticing a little piece of paper on her desk. 
With her fingers, she opened it and read what was written inside. At first, she feared it could be something related to the marker word on Jisoo's desk, but she got surprised when she realized it wasn't. The little note asked Miyeon to meet with the sender. Next to the broom storage in the hallway during the lunch break. Curious, she looked around.
Who could have sent it? Maybe one of the trio?
She looked at them, and they seemed just fine. They weren't staring back at her. Their eyes were glued to their phones. 
Her pupils scanned the whole room, and when she turned around to meet Baekhyun's gaze, he looked at her with a puzzled expression. 
No. Probably he wasn't the one sending it.
She put the piece of paper between her book, and she combed her hair with her hands.
A subtle sense of fear made its way in her body, but she tried to shrug it off. 
Even if Miyeon tried so hard to show that she was an unbothered confidence queen, the reality was that she was often scared. About everything. Bugs scared the hell out of her, and she was easy to startle. People often made her feel anxious and made her worry about her safety, and that was why her guts were telling her to ignore it.
But she didn't want to be a quitter anymore. 
Someone wanted to meet her, and she was more than pleased to do so.
She was the New Girl, and probably it was the way that Mirae High School students got along with each other. Having secret meetings, sharing gossips, and planning against each other. Something movie-like. And Miyeon felt like she needed to get used to that kind of lifestyle. She was one of them now, and she needed to act accordingly to their code.
So, she smiled inside and started dreaming of who the sender could be.
Maybe Jisoo? Or perhaps someone she didn't even know of her class that wanted to confess his long lost, feelings for her?
She didn't know.
But she couldn't wait to discover it.

When finally the lunch break arrived, Miyeon almost died waiting for it to come, she rose fast from her chair and started looking around her. In the hallway, there were so many people. Miyeon couldn't even realize who was who and who belonged to her class. It's not like Miyeon was the best detective in the world, her intuition , but if something weird was happening, she surely would have realized that. But nothing, everything seemed perfectly fine.
So, she rested her shoulders on the broom storage door, a little bit worried. So far

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter