- 16

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyeon was staring at Baekhyun in panic. How could she even get out of that situation?
She held his hand, in shock. Baekhyun was trying to keep his calm facade and stared at the crowd, that was waiting for somebody to reach Chaeyeon and climb on the little stage. 
Nayeon's figure reached Chaeyeon, with her signature bunny smile on. Fake Sakura stared at her, biting her lower lip. At that time, her red lipstick was long gone. It was smeared all over her face and Baekhyun had some traces on him too. She definitely couldn't go there and pretend like she was somebody else. It would have been too suspicious anyway. 
Nayeon's arrival was welcomed by a warm applause. She was definitely catching everyone's eye, with her pretty costume and quirky smile on. 
Chaeyeon handed her the microphone after giving her a brief hug.
"Hello everyone." Her stare wandered a little in the crowd and then she immediately spotted Miyeon's cat ears hiding behind the marble staircase structure.
She smiled again.
"I am so honoured to be welcomed like this by one of the greatest friends I've ever had." 
Definitely Nayeon was good with words. Her confidence filled the whole stage and brought everyone's attention on her. It looked like it wasn't a problem for her. The Bunny Girl looked like she could handle other people's stare without any effort. A natural born star. 
"Chaeyeon is a beautiful human being. One of the prettiest soul that has ever lived on this planet. We all know how people can be extremely competitive and petty, but I've always found a source of comfort in her." Nayeon started talking, switching people's attention on Chaeyeon and smiling to the crowd.
Miyeon immediately understood. Nayeon was buying her some time.
She needed to go.
New Girl grabbed her purse and walked on her knees, trying to reach a less noticeable spot onto the VIP area of the club. Baekhyun looked at her with a confused gaze but still followed her, being careful. 
As Nayeon enchanted the whole crowd, Miyeon walked on all fours not to get spotted. 
Baekhyun found the situation funnier than he should have and he bit his lips to prevent himself from laughing. From an outside perspective, they looked like a bunch of mad people. Squatting on the ground and observing the crowd, in panic. They were supposed to enjoy the party and have fun, but they weren't. Or at least, not in a traditional party-like way.
Miyeon couldn't believe at her own eyes when she actually found a door. She didn't even know where it led to but she was more than happy of that little consolation. She dragged Baekhyun in with her and then closed slowly the door behind her back. 
Fake Sakura sighed in relief, while Baekhyun chuckled.
They were facing a long line of black stairs, while the sounds of the ballroom arrived muffled to their ears. 
"Are we going to hide in here forever? They're gonna find us sooner or later." Baekhyun pointed out with a smirk on his face.
Miyeon glared at him. The vampire was right, but he was definitely erasing her temporary happiness. 
She sighed and pouted, with her arms crossed on her chest.
Baekhyun didn't lose any time and he procedeed to walk down the stairs, observing his surroundings.
"Be careful." Miyeon suggested him, while wondering if it was safe to follow him around or if it was better if she stayed still behind the door.
The sound of her heels hitting the stairs surface accompanied her, as the vampire was still checking if there was anybody looking at them sneaking out.
"I think this is an emergency exit." Baekhyun said, while proceeding.
Miyeon bit her lower lip and glued her eyes on his back. She got immediately distracted by him and suddenly, she wasn't following his words anymore. Baekhyun surely wasn't one of the tallest guys in her class, Jongin was way taller than him, but his back had always mezmerized her. He was gifted with a pair of broad shoulders and a beautiful figure, which made Miyeon stare at him with a stupid face on, dreamily wondering how that back would have felt under her fingertips.
She shook her head, trying to get useless thoughts fill her mind and she tried focusing on the environment.
The vampire chuckled, as he reached for her hand. Miyeon didn't notice at first and ignored Baekhyun's silent request for attention, but when she spotted his white and lean hand reaching for hers, she blushed and gave in. 
She was finally touching Baekhyun's hands, after giving him a head-turning kiss into a crowded party she wasn't allowed into. That night was definitely looking up. 
They found their way out towards an emergency exit. A big smile adorned her face, as she walked with confidence towards the exit door.
Two security guards looked at them in a funny way, wondering why the hell two guests came out of the emergency exit, but they didn't ask any question. Luckily, because Miyeon had already forgot how to spell simple and easy words because of Baekhyun's touch. It would have been hard for her to connect her brain and think logically. 
She stared deep into the vampire's eyelier-marked sharp eyes and she smiled to herself. 
Baekhyun was definitely a work of art. And she couldn't breathe whenever their gazes met.
Her dream lasted for just a pair of seconds.
The couple, slowly strolling on the side parking lot, was reached by a tall individual.
Miyeon immediately recognized Sehun's costume. She already had seen him at the beginning of the evening and she knew it was him.
"Se-" Miyeon tried to talk, but Sehun immediately started talking.
"Jongin i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter