- 18

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyeon's feet stepped out fast of Mirae High School. She moved like a stalker was following her. Everything she wanted to do was to come back home, take a steamy shower and drown into a good quality slumber. That day was starting to be too much. The fighting with Jongin, the way Chaeyeon looked at her with bloody murder eyes and the sound of everyone's whispers behind her back... Her head was starting to feel dizzy. And of course, she didn't want to be caught by Chaeyeon. Miyeon could understand why she was that mad. It was probably one of the first times Miyeon actually feared for her own life. Chaeyeon could take her down and then make her body disappear, since she was so powerful and rich. Nobody would have questioned anything.
A flashlight blinded Miyeon's eyes and in a matter of seconds her dream of coming back home safely shattered in front of her eyes. The sound of cameras snapping pictures scared her and a reporter suddenly showed up, with a microphone in her hand.
"The public needs to know if there was some conflict between you and your former classmate, Kim Jisoo."
Miyeon looked at her confused, trying to shield with the back of her hand her eyes to the violent lights of the cameras.
"Wh-what?" She managed to say, confused.
"Why would you leave the ceremony of her passing? In the arms of Byun heir, Byun Baekhyun." 
As the good-looking reporter kept speaking, Miyeon felt her stomach drown into her insides.
What was she talking about? In the arms of Baekhyun?
She suddenly remembered about the photos and she linked the two things. Probably they got leaked to the press, but she couldn't understand why. 
Miyeon got extremely violent and started pushing the reporters with her shoulders, trying to make space and go catch the bus home. 
Her reaction looked quite suspicious, because of how aggressive the girl seemed to be acting. But nobody stepped out, instead they started surrending her even more and closing the exits.
That was surely the work of Jongin's idiocy. He didn't only break her class reputation, but how the world percieved her. 
Miyeon sighed, trying to cover her head and ran towards the bus. 
The reporters tried climbing on, but the doors of the vehicle closed exactly behind Miyeon's back.
Countless men and women started banging on the bus surface, and Miyeon tried ignoring them and the flashing cameras by putting the earphones on.
Her fingers moved fast on the screen and she realized that her photos had been actually leaked to the press.
"New suspect! Were Kim Jisoo and her classmate in a fight for love?"
"Teen love killers, was the incident really a suicide?"
As expected, Miyeon started receiving calls on her phone by her parents.
She wanted to cry.
That was going to be a really long day. 

When Miyeon climbed off the bus, she found a car parked right in front of her condo. She knew who it belonged to, so she smiled shily meeting Baekhyun's gaze. 
"What are you doing here?" She asked with a smile on. 
"Did you see the articles?"
Miyeon nodded. 
"Yeah. Which is why you should disappear. Probably reporters are trying to stalk me and if they see us together..." Miyeon got suddenly interrupted by another call from her mom. They talked on the phone and she was really, really mad. 
"I gotta go and hurry up. My parents are livid."
"Are they?" Baekhyun asked, a little worried.
"Yeah. I gotta go!"
Miyeon sprinted towards her house, but just when she was opening her door, she realized Baekhyun had followed her.
"What are you doing!?" She whispered, panicked.
But then, she decided to ignore him. She couldn't wait anymore, she had to talk with her parents.
"Kwon Miyeon!" A female voice screamed her name at the top of her lungs.
There we go, Miyeon thought.
She heard the sound of a pair of slippers coming towards her. 
"How can you do something like that!? You flew a ceremony with..." Her mother started talking, but stopped when she saw that Miyeon wasn't alone.
Baekhyun was standing there, with his hands into his uniform pockets and staring at her.
He bowed.
"Hello."
"With this filthy guy!?" Her mother kept talking. 
"Mom, he is..."
"I know who he is!" Her father's voice joined the conversation, and he showed up, with a rolled newspapers in his right hand.
"He's a stupid rich guy who thinks he can do everything because he has money!" Her mother pointed her finger towards Baekhyun.
"What is he even doing here!? You want to ruin our daughter some more?" The voice of Mr. Kwon sounded harsh to Byun's ears.
"And you, Miyeon-ah! I'm surprised that you even agreed to leave the event with him, are you out of your mind!?" Mrs. Kwon stole the rolled newspaper from her husband's hand and was about to hit Miyeon. 
Baekhyun immediately raised his hand and put it between the paper roll and Miyeon's head.
Mr. Kwon didn't look very happy.
"What do you think you're doing?" He hissed, angrily.
Baekhyun bowed again.
"I'm sorry. It was all my fault. Miyeon doesn't know how these things work, it was me who decided to flee the ceremony. Hit me if you need to hit somebody." He said, still with his face towards the floor.
"And then what? I hit you and then you sue me for ten million won? You filthy rich people are liars, and untouchable!" Mr Kwon reacted, mimicking the gesture of hitting him, but not actually doing it. 
"My status doesn't mean anything. I am Byun's heir, but I can take a few blows. I won't sue anybody." Byun spoke up.
Mrs. Kwon looked at him puzzled, while Miyeon was literally shaking.
The reaction of her parents felt even worse because Baekhyun was there witnessing it! She wanted to drown into the floor and never come back again! His parents were probably classy and always calm, while hers looked like they just came out of a comedy drama. A bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter