- 01

Who Wears the Crown Must Bear Its Weight - THE HEIRS REWRITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Miyeon looked at the boy standing tall in the middle of the class while clenching her right hand in a little fist. Her desk was quite far from where the boy was standing, but she still felt the adrenaline rush high in her veins. 
Kim Jongin, one of the tallest student in the class, had his tan hands in his pockets and wore on his face a scary expression, which made Miyeon feel shivers on her skin.
No, it wasn't just his expression that made him scary, he just was, even while just chilling on his desk. He has a fierce pair of black eyes, full lips, and a signature flat nose. A face no one could ever forget.
Jongin owned a scary aura that made everyone bow to him. Could it have been his height, or maybe it was his two aggressive looking eyes. No one knew what was about him that made people naturally fear him, but it was sure as hell that everyone was glad of not being the boy standing in front of him.
The poor Minhyuk raised his gaze to meet Jongin's sharp stare while he was holding onto his school bag as if his life depended on it.
"So, what's your excuse?"  Jongin finally spoke up, and the class fell in the most profound silence.
No sound came out of Minhyuk's open mouth. He was too scared.
Jongin got closer, and his hands left his pockets, running towards Minhyuk's shirt collar. 
Everyone was staring in disbelief. It wasn't the first time Jongin got angry at him, but definitely, it was the first time he was going for physical contact.
Miyeon didn't even know what all that was for anyway. Jongin's reasons were unknown to her, and everything just made her feel confused and heartbroken. 
On her first day of school, she was already confused and scared. 
That boy didn't deserve that treatment. He looked so innocent, while Jongin's big hands were holding his collar.
She started wondering what would happen if she stepped in. If she only rose from her chair, got in the middle of them and broke up the fight, maybe somebody would have helped too. Perhaps, if she started to defend him, everyone would have applauded her and would have stopped Jongin.
She kept daydreaming about the outcome of the fight without even realizing it, and she was brought back to reality by the violent sound of Jongin slamming Minhyuk on the wall.
Her hands covered that opened spontaneously because of the shock.
Her heart was beating fast in her chest while she couldn't stop staring.
Miyeon feared what was going to happen next. Maybe Minhyuk was going to react, or maybe Jongin would have slammed him again on the wall.
Those questions were luckily left unanswered because the homeroom teacher opened the door, looking at the students.
"Everyone take a seat at your desks." He ordered while he was looking at Jongin.
He didn't look surprised. Probably it wasn't the first time Jongin was acting up.
When the teacher put his books on his desk, everyone was ready on their spots.
Miyeon expected him to smile or have some expression on his face. But he just kept staring at the class without even flinching. He was only moving his eyelids. 
"We have a transfer student today. Please come up front." He said, beckoning her to come closer.
Even if Miyeon knew she was the only student transferred that day, she almost felt like he wasn't talking to her. The teacher looked so formal and emotionally unattached that made her feel like he was giving out a political speech, instead of talking to a classroom of teenagers.
She left her seat, her only safe spot in the class, and she strolled to the blackboard.
When she turned her back, her eyes scanned the whole class. 
Their faces looked new and fresh. There was a big difference between ordinary citizens and the elite of society. Their bodies looked so white and slim, and everything they owned looked expensive. Their uniform was pressed, and their hair looked almost unrealistic. Miyeon was wearing the same uniform they had, but on her, it looked like it came out of a cheap thrift shop.
The point of their look was the irresistible aura they had — untouchable, sophisticated people.
She knew she was never going to be one of them.
Miyeon swallowed the knot on and started fidgeting with her hands.
It had been a good two minutes since she first walked up front and she still didn't open .
"Is she dumb or something?" A girl said under her breath.
The stupid remark arrived into Miyeon's ears thanks to the profound silence that ruled the class.
Miyeon wanted to swallow again, but she felt paralyzed. She dreamed about snatching someone's hair out of their scalp, even if she didn't even know who owned that voice. 
"Your name is?" The teacher tried stepping in to help.
An ominous feeling started making its way in Miyeon's heart. The whole situation was making her look like a fool. 
"I'm Kwon Miyeon, nice to meet you all." 
She ended her introduction by bowing in front of the whole class, and then she proceeded to come back to her desk.
Everyone kept looking at her, even when she finally sat again. A river of muffled words reached her ears. People were talking about her. It was so subtle she couldn't even grasp a single word, but she felt eyes staring at her.
Jongin messed his ruffled hair with his right hand while his eyes were glued on her fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter