XXII. Good

Finally, Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N I know... I'm sorry for the long wait on this T.T But I hope you enjoy this long(?) chapter. See you again on the next one! *unedited*

 

Seungwan closed the door with a soft thud and leaned on it. She could still feel a slight headache due to the amount of alcohol she drank last night but her stomach was going crazy with butterflies while her heart was beating wildly in her chest. She did not know where to focus on first.

 

When Joohyun finally made it clear to her awhile ago, Seungwan wanted to scream. Honestly, the past few days had been very confusing and she realized she needed to process everything first.

 

She thought that she also needed to talk to Chanyeol. He was a good friend, but, Seungwan knew it would be just that. While they were on their way home that night in the car, Seungwan heard some parts of Joy and Chanyeol’s conversation. Some stuff that night were hazy but when Seungwan heard her name, the girl tried her very best to sober up a little and listen. Chanyeol admitted his feelings to Joy and it broke Seungwan’s heart a little knowing that she would never be able to return it. He had always been a trusted companion and Seungwan didn’t want her friend to get hurt.

 

Then there’s Joohyun. The beautiful and enigmatic Bae Joohyun who has been the source of her musing for a while now.

 

Seungwan remembered the kiss a few minutes ago and it made her blush. Joohyun looked like she was ready to drop everything for her and it made Seungwan overwhelmed. What if she won’t be able to keep up with Joohyun’s pace? What if her dad will tear them apart? All the what-if scenarios scared Seungwan.

 

The blonde was startled by a sudden knock on the door again. “Is it Joohyun again?” Seungwan stood up straight and fixed her hair again. But Joy’s loud voice came in from the other side of the door.

 

“Unnie! Are you awake?”

 

Seungwan opened the door and saw Joy holding up a brown paper bag. The other grinned and barged inside the room, leaving Seungwan by the door. Joy went straight to the countertop and pulled out foods from the bag

 

“Is Joohyun unnie still here?”

 

Seungwan walked over and peeked at the foods laid out. She was shocked at the amount of food. Bagels, pancakes, waffles, and sandwiches, and fruits. “Are you eating all of this?!” Seungwan exclaimed as she eyed everything.

 

“Of course not! What do you think I am? I thought Joohyun and Chanyeol are here,”

 

“They were. They just left a few minutes ago,”

 

Joy popped a strawberry in , “Well then, we’re gonna have to eat these all up. By the way, did you and Joohyun talk?”

 

Seungwan contemplated on whether telling the younger what happened a while ago and she figured it would be best to talk to someone about this. Seungwan hopped and sat on the countertop as Joy handed her a banana.

 

“We talked for a while but she had to go. She said that the engagement with Jennie is over. She said she wants to be with me…”

 

Joy’s eyes widened in surprise and she squealed, “Oh my god! Finally! Does this mean you two are together now?”

 

“I haven’t really gotten the chance to talk since she had to go. But we said we’ll meet up later to talk about it,”

 

“Noooooooooo!” Joy cried out in an instant. “Your story is more depressing that any classic love story ever written. Why can’t you two just be together?”

 

“I—I don’t know,”

 

“What are you thinking?”

 

“Well first, I have to cure this hangover. Why did you let me drink so much last night?!”

 

“You were finally talking without filter, why in the world would I stop that?” Joy replied and sneered.

 

The blonde grumbled and took a bite off of her banana, “I have to organize my thoughts first,” Seungwan hopped off of the counter.

 

“I swear to God, if you two are not together by the end of the day—“

 

Words died out in Joy’s throat as Seungwan stuffed the rest of her banana on the younger’s mouth. “Shut up and just eat,”

 

 

When Seungwan walked away from home, she did not expect this much of a whirlwind in her life. In fact, when she ran away, she knew her parents would find her one way or another. She knew it was only a matter of time, but, Seungwan tried and wanted to savor every second of that temporary freedom and independence, much so think of what she should do with her father’s business request.

 

She used to think that she got everything figured out and how her life would turn out. But she did not expect to fall so hard for someone like Bae Joohyun. Falling for the older was never in her list. She just did not see it coming. It crashed upon her fast and hard, leaving Seungwan clueless what to do about it.

 

Months had already passed when she ran away. From the time she entered the university, fake-dating Joohyun, then learning about the older’s issues with Jennie, Seungwan did not sign-up for that. She honestly thought that she’d go on with her temporary university life without any complications like those things.

 

But with just the single thought of Joohyun being her life, she knew that she’d gladly do it all over again. Seungwan knew that her parents were aware that she was dating. But that was different. That was fake. Now that the older confessed her feelings, Seungwan knew it would bring up a very complicated matter.

 

From outside the café, she saw Joohyun sitting by the booth with a book on hand. She looked lovely as always and Seungwan thought she could just stare at her all day. She entered the café and the ringer by the door caused Joohyun to look up from her book and look at the entryway. There were only a few people in the café. Most were just students probably cramming. Seungwan waved a little and Joohyun smiled in return.

 

Seungwan walked over to Joohyun’s booth and was about to sit opposite the older but the older held her by the wrist, asking her to sit by her side.

 

No one talked for a minute. Seungwan noticed how the older kept throwing shy glances at her. The younger wondered where the confident Bae Joohyun from this morning went. She decided to start first.

 

“Joohyun unnie, about what you said this morning—“

 

Joohyun butted in, “Yes, I would like to say sorry for just springing that up to you. I was just so caught up by everything that I just had to tell you…” she trailed off and Seungwan waited patiently for the next words.

 

“I just want to know what you think about us… I know there’s no chance of you liking me because who would like a y person like me but—I’d like to shoot my shot” the older said in self-deprecating manner under her breath but Seungwan heard it perfectly clear. She didn’t like seeing the older like this, confused and unsure whether her feelings were reciprocated. Not when she knew she could something to change it.

 

“I-I don’t know where to go from here, Joohyun unnie… falling for you… it was not supposed to happen,” Seungwan started.

 

Joohyun’s eyes widened at that but Seungwan saw how she tried to compose herself. The older finally looked at her in the eyes and softly said, “Neither did I, Seungwan. But I know I want to be with you,” The older then held the blonde’s trembling hands under the table. “Even if I have to meet your parents,”

 

“Are your parents really okay with this? What happened to Jennie?” Seungwan inquired.

 

“Surprisingly, yes. I got scared for no reason. He’s not the old-fashioned businessman I imagined him to be. With or without our engagement, the merger of Jennie’s dad and mine business will push through. Plus, my dad wants to meet you.”

 

Seungwan blushed at that. Her mind already wandering to various scenarios with her parents. “I would love to. But my parents…I’m sure they’ll react differently on this…they’re not like your parents,”

 

“Well, I’m already expecting that. But talk to them first. Maybe they’ll come around,”

 

Seungwan replied a wistful smile at that, letting the older know that it wouldn’t be easy as that. “Did you—did you know about my arranged marriage?”

 

Joohyun nodded solemnly. “In fact, I do,”

 

“With Chanyeol?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Was that the reason why your eyes were throwing daggers at him this morning?”

 

“That and so much more,”

 

“I have to say, seeing you get jealous was very adorable,”

 

Joohyun scoffed indignantly, “Excuse me, but, I do not get jealous,”

 

Seungwan rolled her eyes and smirked at the older’s clear denial. “Yeah, right. Whatever helps you sleep at night,”

 

“I don’t like this cocky side of you, Son,” Joohyun pointed accusingly at the younger.

 

Seungwan puffed out her chest and replied confidently, “Pleaaasseee, the Bae Joohyun just said she likes me, I have every right in the world right now to be smug,”

 

“Well, I hate how smug you are right now,” the older puffed and glared at her.

 

“You should know by now that your glares don’t affect me anymore,” Seungwan replied and winked playfully.

 

“I hate you,”

 

“No, you don’t.” she stuck out her tongue in reply. “But really, things with my parents would be very difficult,” Seungwan’s voice shifted to a serious tone.

 

“You really won’t be able to talk your way out from it?”

 

Seungwan shook her head. “I just know they’re very serious about this. That’s the reason why I had to run away,”

 

“Is this about the continuous loss your business was experiencing?”

 

Wendy’s jaw clenched at the question. “How did you know?”

 

“My dad told me,”

 

“Yeah, my parents don’t tell me anything but when I got the chance to check the company’s financial records a few months back, I discovered that they’ve been operating at a loss for consecutive years now.” Seungwan knew her father was a very proud man. He took pride in the business he started from scratch. When Seungwan tried to confirm what she saw in the records, her father just kept mum about it and told Seungwan to not meddle with business affairs again.

 

“And that’s why your father is very adamant on the arranged marriage to save your business,”

 

“I think so,”

 

“How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter