XX. Begin

Finally, Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun could not wait anymore. She knew she had to see Seungwan as soon as possible.

 

To get some confirmation.

 

To see if there’s still a chance for the two of them.

 

After her talk with her father, Joohyun could not let any second pass without seeing the blonde. She drove up to Seungwan’s dormitory in the middle of the night. Her mind already devised up plans on how to stop the arranged marriage between the two. She thought of asking her father to do the merger with LP entertainment instead but knew it was impossible since the deal with Jennie’s father business was almost done. Her mind was able to come up with other ideas but she knew that before all that, she had to talk to Seungwan first. To set everything straight.

 

She tried dialing the blonde’s number but it was switched off. She tried Joy’s number instead but it was off as well. She sped up her car and drove to Seungwan’s neighborhood with nothing in mind but just the blonde woman who captured her heart unknowingly, Seungwan.

 

 

When the trio arrived at Seungwan and Joy’s dormitory building, the two had to carry the drunk blonde out of the car. They had Seungwan’s arm on each of their shoulders as Joy punched in the code for the main door of the building.

 

“You know, I don’t know if I should say this but I’m glad with what happened,” Chanyeol blurted out as they enter the building.

 

Joy tilted her head at the comment, curious as to what the guy was pertaining to.  “What are you talking about?”

 

Chanyeol peeked at Joy, the blonde’s head almost covering his view, “Seungwan is single again,”

 

Joy tensed. If only the guy knew that it was all fake. But Joy knew that she was not in the right position to tell him that. After their talk in the car, she now saw Chanyeol in a different light. Someone who would be there for her unnie. So she asked, “Will you do something about it?”

 

Chanyeol hummed in agreement.

 

“You’ll pursue Seungwan unnie?” Joy asked with a pained smile as she recalled her conversation with Seungwan about Joohyun.

 

“I will,” Chanyeol smiled wistfully.

 

 

Joy witnessed how Chanyeol’s gaze at the blonde changed into something mellow and soft, “Because maybe this time, I have a chance on Seungwan. I was stupid enough before when I decided not to pursue her just to preserve our friendship. I know I can take care of her.”

 

When they reached Seungwan’s floor, Seungwan mumbled something and they almost lost their hold on the blonde.

 

“Do you think she heard me?” Chanyeol asked in a small voice, panic was evident in his tone.

 

Joy shrugged and shook her head. “I don’t think so. Look at her. She’s clearly passed out like a dead cat,”

 

Chanyeol breathed a sigh of relief and muttered, “Good good. I want my confession to be heard by a sober woman not a drunk one.”

 

Joy sneered at the guy and turned her head to look at the hallway. “Oh.”

 

 

 

What Joohyun saw along the hallway of Seungwan’s building had her frozen up in her spot. She was slumped on the floor outside Seungwan’s room, with phone in hand, still trying to contact the blonde and Joy. Ha! Who would’ve thought that the Bae Joohyun can mindlessly sit on anywhere.

 

She immediately rose from the floor and dusted inexistent dust off her pants. She saw Chanyeol and Joy holding up a clearly drunk Seungwan. She peeked at the blonde and noticed that her cheeks were red and her eyelids were heavy. Totally drunk but still helplessly beautiful.

 

Do I even deserve her?

 

Do I deserve to walk by Seungwan’s side?

 

Joohyun noticed Chanyeol’s arm lightly wrapped around the blonde’s waist and it was enough to make her blood boil. She met the trio halfway and was greeted by Joy’s half smile and a dumb wave.

 

“Unnie, I didn’t know you’re here.”

 

“I tried calling your phones but I can’t reach you.”

 

“Oh. Both of our phones are out.” Joy reasoned. Joohyun was about to say something more but Joy cut her off. “Can we please get inside the room now? Seungwan is not that light you know?”

 

“Here, let me help.” Joohyun offered and was about to sneak in to remove Chanyeol’s arm on Seungwan but Joy countered and ed something in her way instead. “Unnie, you can just open the door for us. Here, I got Seungwan unnie’s bag. Just find the card inside.”

 

With a grunt of disapproval, Joohyun fished out the card and walked back to Seungwan’s door to open it. When the trio reached the door, Joohyun took the chance to boldly move under Seungwan’s arm, removing Chanyeol’s hold on the blonde. Chanyeol stepped back from them wordlessly.

 

“Are you going inside the room, too?” Joohyun asked coldly. Joy could feel the palpable tension between the two and Joy thought it was too silly. This was the first time that Joohyun recognized the guy. If only looks could kill, Chanyeol was sure dead a long time ago.

 

Chanyeol gave it a thought for a second but before even having the chance to reply, Joohyun cut him off.  “I don’t think you should go inside a drunk woman’s dorm, no?”

 

Joy wanted to laugh. Chanyeol was harmless. She knew that. But seeing this kind of Joohyun was an entertaining sight to see. If only her friend was sober enough to see and realize that her two friends were fighting over her, she’d go crazy.

 

He rubbed his neck embarrassingly and muttered, “Oh, I supposed so,”

 

Chanyeol then tapped Joy’s shoulder to bid goodbye, “Make sure to text me when she’s gone to bed and text me anytime if something’s came up.”

 

“Ridiculous. As if I’m not here to take care of Seungwan,” Joohyun muttered under her breath and rolled her eyes. Unfortunately, Joy was able to witness it.

 

Joy almost snorted at the comment made by Joohyun. Her snarky remark was ready at the tip of her tongue but the deadly and icy glare threw by the older at her was enough to let her know that she should not say any word.

 

Joy instead looked at Chanyeol and smiled gratefully at the guy, “Sure. I wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter