XIV. Surprise

Finally, Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that Seungwan was surprised is a little bit of an understatement. With how things were going, she did not expect that her relationship with Joohyun took a total 180 degrees.

 

She could still remember how hurt she got when she overheard that conversation before or that time whe got left in the middle of the street. How she tried to distance herself from the older only to bite it her in the when Joohyun decided to be a little bit more of possessive on her when Chanyeol came to their university. Seungwan would be lying if she said it did not make her heart flutter.

 

Seungwan was not dense. She knew how Joohyun tried really hard to settle her nerves during that lunch with Chanyeol. She tried to play it off coolly but Seungwan knew better. She had to bite the inside of her cheeks that time to stop herself from grinning and calm her fluttering heart.

 

She likes Joohyun.

 

That she knows for sure.

 

It was as clear as the sun. There's no denial in that.

 

After all the days that followed when Joohyun just followed her like a puppy, and clinging to her like a koala, Seungwan knew she's a goner already. She just hopes that Joohyun feels the same way. However, even after all the moments and conversation they shared, Seungwan could not bring Joohyun to tell more about Jennie. She either changes the topic or be completely shut-off about it.

 

All Seungwan knew is that Jennie was Joohyun's ex-girlfriend, Seulgi once mentioned that Joohyun accidentaly told her that Jennie had someone else and then their break-up was pretty bad so they are not in the same university. But then, there was the time where Joohyun even canceled their dinner when Jennie called.

 

So right now, Seungwan is confused.  

 

She and Joohyun even hadn't got the chance to talk about what happened to them for the past few weeks. It was like all of a sudden, they got pretty close but without substance.  

 

Seungwan wanted to change it.

 

She had to.

 

So she figured that once and for all, she and Joohyun will have at least a clear conversation about their relationship because after everything that had happened to her, she, of all people, knew how hard it was to walk on an unclear relationship.

 

 

It was a of luck for Seungwan when Joohyun invited the gang (well, Seungwan, Seulgi and Joy) for a night-out in her home. Even her little sister joined in so the trio brought extra chips and snacks for their movie night.

 

When they had nothing else to do, Joy proposed for a truth or dare game in which everyone said yes to. They were huddled in a circle on Joohyun's bedroom floor. (I - Y - W - J - S).

 

The first spin landed on Joy and she chose Dare without hesitation.

 

It was Yeri who dared Joy to give a to Seulgi. Without any ounce of shame, Joy got up and gave the poor bear a that will surely haunt the bear's dreams. The three ended up rolling on the floor when they witnessed how poor Seulgi was.

 

The second spin landed on Seungwan when Joy spun the bottle. Seungwan noticed that there was a sign of mischied in the latter's eyes when the bottle stopped at her.

 

"Truth or dare, Seungwan?" Joohyun asked excitedly. She even sat up straight when the bottle pointed at the girl.

 

Seungwan momentarily panicked with eyes drifting from the three other girls and Joohyun. She's afraid what Joohyun would ask her, knowing how mischievous the girl was and had grown a fond liking on her nowadays.

 

"Uhmmm. Truth?" Seungwan squeaked as she thought it was the safer choice.

 

Seungwan then saw how Joy immediately smirked at her response and whispered something on Joohyun's ear.

 

"Hey! What was that?!" Seungwan exclaimed as she saw how Joohyun deeply blushed and nodded after Joy told something on her ear. "That's not allowed!"

 

"Don't worry, I got this," Seungwan heard Joohyun reply smugly to Joy.

 

Joohyun did not mind Seungwan's outburst and just put on the most serious face she could ever have. She started, "If you were given the chance to kiss someone in this room right now..."

 

Seungwan gulped at how scandalous already the question is. She immediately started sweating. She could already feel her hands being clammy.

Joohyun smirked.

 

Silence.

 

A beat.

 

"Why would it be me and how long can you go at it?"

 

There was a moment of absolute silence again before the three others hollered and squealed so loud that Joohyun was so sure they would be kicked out of the building.

 

Joohyun tried to remain unfaze as she gazed straight at Seungwan who had wide open and seemed to be frozen.

 

Gosh. When will that mouth be over mine? Oh my God, Bae Joohyun, since when did you become this ert?

 

The older raised her brow, waiting and feigning ignorance "So?"

 

Seungwan still seemed to be malfunctioning by herself. She only moved when Yeri threw a pillow on her face. "Yah! Seungwan unnie! Answer unnie's question!"

 

"What the?!" Seungwan exlaimed as the tips of her ears started reddening.

 

"Answer right now, Wan-ah," Joy chided as she wore the most -eating grin on her face.

 

Seungwan looked at Joohyun and saw the girl still unmoving, waiting for her reply.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter