Privilege

Beauty Behind The Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Enjoy your privileged life, Cause I'm not gonna hold you through the night. We said our last goodbyes, So let's just try to end it with a smile. And I don't wanna hear that you are suffering. You are suffering, no more, Cause I held you down when you were suffering. You were suffering.'

~

 

The following day, Yunho and the rest of the alphas and betas went back to work. Yunho assigned a few of the alphas and betas to stay back and guard the perimeter in case Silver Moon tried to come for their leader. Jaejoong and Daehyun where nowhere to be seen. They stayed locked in their cabins, not bothering to come out for anything. And no one bothered them.

Youngjae kept himself trapped in Daehyun’s room. He had nowhere to go anyway. He didn’t care to worry that the rest of the pack hated him. That was the last thing on his mind. He spent his day thinking and worrying over his brother, his friends, and his own pack. He hoped that they moved on without him. That they were living regularly. He hoped that Kihyun was adapting and learning more about the business and deepening his relationship with his crush. He hoped that Jaebum was meeting his human friend instead of being a creepy stalker. And he hoped that Jinyoung was moving forward toward his best life.

But his biggest concern was Daehyun.

He wanted to ignore it, but his wolf refused to let him brush off the pain and the change in his mate’s behavior. It was a constant battle in his mind. He refused to admit that he cared for the alpha and that he needed him. He refused to believe it. It was the alpha’s fault that he got his heartbroken. Youngjae warned him from the beginning. He gave the elder multiple chances to leave him alone. But the omega couldn’t understand why he still felt guilty. He’ll get over it. Youngjae repeated to himself. He always does.

The next few days continued like this. None of the three wolves came out of their confinement. And it began to drive Youngjae mad. He came out the room to peek and found Daehyun in the same spot, same position from the other night.

 

“I’m worried about Daehyun.” Himchan frowned. He, Jongup, Bambam, and Yugyeom were lying on the hill that oversaw the entire village. The others nodded in agreement, sharing the same concern for their friend. “It’s all that bastard’s fault.” Bambam growled under his breath. “But can you blame him?” Jongup spoke up, gaining everyone’s attention.

“His father was killed. Both of his parents were killed by Daehyun’s parents. Of course, he’d want revenge. You guys, we all would seek revenge if any of our family members were killed.” The alpha explained.

The others were silent. He was right. They’d do anything for their families.

“Jongup is right.” Himchan sighed. “It’s all of our fault. When we kill someone, we shouldn’t’ expect to not face the consequences. Jackson died because he killed two silver moon members. That Shownu guy died because he killed Jackson. And for what? Because we’re enemies? We can’t’ blame our parents and grandparents. This feud was never ours to begin with. This feud should’ve ended with us.”

Yugyeom’s shoulder’s dropped. “Minhyuk didn’t want us to go after Shownu. He said that it’ll never end. He didn’t want to be involved in the feud. And he ended up getting killed because of our actions.” Bambam’s heart sunk at his best friend’s words. Neither of them could forgive themselves for what they did. They blamed themselves for their friend’s death. “This has to stop. We can’t lose any more people. This feud has gone too far.” Himchan said sternly.

“How do we stop it?” Bambam asked in defeat. Jongup patted the younger’s back and gave him a gentle smile. “The answer is right here in front of us. We talk to Youngjae.”

Yugyeom and Bambam’s eyes shot wide. “What?!” They exclaimed in unison. “What is talking to him going to do?” Bambam questioned the ridiculous idea. “Yeah. And he’s actually pretty scary for an omega. Did you see how Daehyun’s dad backed down when he got in the way?” Yugyeom said, rubbing the back of his neck. Bambam nodded in agreement. “I didn’t even look him directly in the eye. But I saw the corner of his red eye and I felt my wolf tremble.” He shivered at the memory. “What even is he?”

“Daehyun brought him here for a reason, and it’s not to keep him as a prisoner.” Himchan told them. “Even after killing his sister, Daehyun still protected. Him. There’s a reason why Daehyun protected him, because he could’ve easily killed him himself. And he didn’t fight this father for nothing. We have to be Daehyun’s support now. He needs us. We have to talk to Youngjae.”

Bambam and Yugyeom sighed. The elder was right and they wanted the feud to end. They were tired of losing people and worrying about their own lives. “Maybe all of us shouldn’t go. He’ll feel threatened if we all approach him.” Jongup pointed out.

“Fine. Jongup and I will talk to him.” Himchan said.

“Are you sure?” Yugyeom questioned. Himchan nodded, he and Jongup stood up. “Well, if he tries something don’t hesitate to cry out. We’ll be there.” Bambam told them. The older wolves nodded before walking down the hill.

 

They walked up to Daehyun’s cabin. They doubted that anyone would answer, but they knocked anyway.

When there was no answer after the second knock, Himchan slowly opened the door and entered the small cabin. Jongup followed behind him, carefully shutting the door behind him. They headed straight to the only bedroom, knowing that Daehyun would make his mate sleep there. Himchan knocked on the bedroom door before opening it.

Youngjae was sat on the edge of the bed, staring out the window, his back toward them. He turned around when he heard Jongup close the door behind them.

The two of them froze when they made eye contact with his red eye. Neither of them could speak, no matter how much their minds urged them to. Their lips refused to move. “What do you want?” Youngjae looked away from them, turning back to the window. The two exhaled, feeling as if they couldn’t even breathe under his stare. The mates both shared concerned looks. Himchan cleared his throat, “I’m Himchan, I’m Daehyun’s cousin. And this is my mate Jongup. We came because we want to talk to you.”

“Daehyun is on the couch. He’s alive if that’s what you’re worried about.” Youngjae brushed them off. There was no emotion in his voice. “We’re not worried about that. We know you won’t kill him.” Himchan folded his arms.

Youngjae didn’t respond.

“We came because we want to end this feud. We’re tired of fighting.” Himchan continued. “Though we’re mad, we can’t blame you for what you did. We’d do the same thing had any of our family members been killed.”

“We’re sorry for the death of your father. That should’ve never happened.” Jongup added.

Youngjae gritted the duvet beneath his hands. “We’ll do everything we can to make you feel comfortable here. We’ll help make this becomes your new home. We’ll even be your first friends.” Jongup smiled despite that the elder couldn’t se it. “Starting today, we’re going to talk to the rest of the pack to do the same. It may take a little convincing, but I know they’re all tired of fighting.” Himchan said.

“Why?” Was Youngjae’s only question.

“Because this needs to stop now. All of us are hurt and tired, and I know you out of all people are especially tired. It’s time to change things. This feud is pointless, there’s no reason why we should keep hating each other. And…you’re Daehyun’s mate, so we’re practically family now. And families have to watch out for each other.” Himchan responded.

“How do you know this will work?” Youngjae questioned. He was referring to Yunho and Jaejoong. “It’s nearly impossible to convince them.” Himchan admitted. “But once the entire pack is on board, they’ll have no choice but to do the same.” He said confidently. “We’ll do our part if you do yours.”

“I have no intentions on accepting your pack as my now. And I never will. But I will go along with your plan if that will protect my family and pack.” Youngjae told him.

“Your pack will be safe as long as they don’t attack us in order to get you back.” Himchan promised.

“That’s already done. I told my pack not to fight you anymore. I told them to not come for me.” Youngjae whispered his last sentence. He missed his pack dearly, but he does not regret his decision. Jongup raised an eyebrow at the information but didn’t’ dare to ask.

“We’ll talk to everyone. Once we have everyone on board you can start interacting with them.” Himchan finalized.

Youngjae opened his mouth to respond but was cut off by a gag. He quickly covered his mouth. He tried to swallow, but another gag jerked his body.

“Um, are you okay?” Himchan asked, noticing this. Youngjae had not time to answer. He jumped from the bed and dashed past the midnight wolves, out the room. He bursted into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

Himchan and Jongup looked at each other in confusion.

They heard the water running for nearly 10 minutes before the omega came back out. “You’re still here?” Youngjae mumbled, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. His left eye faded back to brown. “Are you okay? You were in there for a long

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter