Chapter 22

Breaking Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Assa! We’re gonna win the match!’ The team captain gleefully exclaimed, looking at his team’s performance. Seungcheol admit, his team was good, he had a really hard time trying to score. And obviously, it was not due to his lack of skills. Now finally done with practice and cleaning the court, all the team headed towards the locker room to finally change.

 

‘Yah,’ the youngest member turned towards one of his seniors, Dongwon who was sitting on the bench staring at him. Beside him, his two best friends also doing the same thing. Truthfully, the sight of the trio sometimes intimidates him, with their model-like faces and muscular bodies; very unlike any normal engineering student, at least, the ones in his class. The three of them suddenly leaned closer, ‘you and Yoon Jeonghan, are you,’ Hongseok pointed both his index fingers and brought them close together, ‘dating or something?’

 

‘Right? You like guys after all?’

 

‘Heh?’ Seungcheol frowned, a bit surprised. Of course, some people asked him when he posted that video of Jeonghan but he thought that was a one-time thing. Obviously they didn’t came to that conclusion based on that one video where Jeonghan was barely recognizable. Right? And sure, he hangs out with the omega a lot, but he also mingles with his other friends as well. Not to mention, most of the time, they go out with Joshua. ‘We’re close.’

 

‘But are you guys dating?’ the older alpha continued his attacks, and somehow, all his other teammates in the room seemed interested as they too, stopped what they were doing and came close. Feeling warm in his cheeks, Seungcheol cleared his throat, realizing he had no way to avoid answering. He wanted to say no, but he knew they wouldn’t leave him alone. No, he knew if he said no, one of them would ask him for Jeonghan’s number. Because why not? The omega’s really pretty. And cute. And adora-

 

Jeonghan is attractive enough to gain such attention. It made him wonder why none of these alphas even tried to make a move on him just yet-

 

‘How’d you even get so close to him? He doesn’t like young college guys right?’

 

‘Aish. You lucky bastard.’

 

Owh. Hearing his seniors whined, he now remembered why. Jeonghan’s standard is too high. Biting his lips to refrain himself from laughing at how pitiful some of his seniors were, he quickly apologized when one of them got offended. Unfortunately for him, they didn’t want to let him off easy and continued drilling him. He knew he had to do something to escape.

 

‘We’re… on the way, I guess.’ He nodded to sell his answer to the curious group of males. It wasn’t enough though, as one of them demanded clarity, ‘So, he’s still available?’

 

‘No. I me-‘ Seungcheol looked around, staring at each at their faces, warning them not to pursue whatever they were thinking, IF, they were thinking of trying their chances, ‘We’re dating.’

 

*****

‘So you’re my boyfriend now?’ Seungcheol swallowed, glancing over at Joshua for help. He didn’t think much when he said it, it was just to stop his seniors from ever asking him about the very pretty omega in front of him. It was clear Jeonghan was pissed off, he made it clear that he didn’t want any relationship especially with him, so it was a rational reaction. To make things worse, Seungcheol one-sidedly claimed it. He thought it wouldn’t be such a big deal since he said it only to his small group of members, but apparently those bastards couldn’t keep their mouths shut. It had only been a day and yet, Jeonghan already heard about it. Once again, he found himself surprised at the power of the young author’s popularity.

 

‘I don’t remember when I said yes. So how long have we been dating?’ Again, the omega questioned, and again, Seungcheol stared at Joshua for answer. Unfortunately for him, the youngest male returned the stare, now supporting his head with his hand, and asked, ‘Wait, are we dating as well? Do I need to break up with my gir-’

 

‘Yah!’ Seungcheol got up from his seat and wiped his face, speechless at the vicious attack. Summer made Joshua even worse than before! ‘Slip of the tongue, okay?’ And before the two could say anything else, he rushed back behind the counter where he knew he was safe from harm. Twisting around, still restless as he could see the two omegas, he quickly moved to the kitchen to pretend to be busy. He could see the two devils laughing. How he hates them sometimes.

 

Taking the inventory list to check, he noticed the shortage of their famous cake and proceeded to make more, thankful that he didn’t actually have to pretend anymore. Just before he could do the decoration, there was a soft call from his senior to mend the drink section.  ‘Group of five,’ she whispered.

 

*****

‘Me?’ Jeonghan nodded as he took another slurp of his Frappuccino. He could guess his weird friend wouldn’t belong to any clubs considering his personality, but he just wanted to know if Joshua tried joining in his freshman year. And if he did, Jeonghan wanted to know his thoughts on such things. Because Seungcheol talked about his like it was the best thing that has ever happened to him, he just wanted to prove the man wrong. ‘I’m in ‘Rocket’-’

 

‘Ahh, you launch like, bottle rocket?’ He interrupted, surprised that the man was still active. But, a science club, was more unexpected. The soft omega laughed at the question, finding it silly, ‘A singing group.’

 

Jeonghan opened his mouth and closed again, finding himself speechless. Joshua, singing? Well, he has a really gentle voice, but he couldn’t imagine the man singing, in front of a crowd. Choir, maybe? Like a church choir or something? ‘Is that a compliment or…’

 

‘You sing?’

 

‘With other people. I don’t like doing solo…’ Jeonghan his lips, blinking a few times. Wow, he would never have expected that. So, since the man was still attending the club, based on the present tense, it was safe to say he enjoyed it. Which meant, Seungcheol might have a point. ‘You, wanna try?’

 

‘Huh? hAAH!’ He tried laughing it off before realizing Joshua was serious. . ‘I don’t sing.’

 

‘You don’t have to know how. Most of us come for practice then play cards of something. Only the serious ones join performances.’ Joshua replied casually and Jeonghan gave him a smirk instead. Somehow he didn’t find it in him to reject the idea. Like his therapist said, he needed to open himself to new experiences. And doing so, with Joshua, hadn’t disappoint him so far. Humming, he glanced at the alpha behind the counter.

 

‘You have a good voice. I like it.’

 

. Why was he feeling a bit hot in the cheeks all of a sudden? It was not as if nobody ever told him that? Granted, most of them referred to his moans and noises but, almost the same phrases. Argh! Whateve-

 

‘What’s up with him?’ Joshua’s random question caused Jeonghan to return his gaze to the working male. Curious for the sudden question, he noticed the tensed look Seungcheol had. It was new. It was obvious. He had seen a lot of expression on the alpha, including anger, which was as rare as it comes, but this, was a first. It was as if he was not uncomfortable and wanted to leave. Seungcheol was avoiding looking at the customers. Three of them left to get their seats, and not long after, the alpha’s expression softened.

 

That was weird.

 

Scanning around, he eyes fixed to the three females seated at the corner at the café. Did they say something to his friend that caused that reaction? A few of them were throwing glances at him, as was the other two who were still waiting at the counter. Jeonghan clicked his tongue in annoyance. He could understand his situation as people always do that to him, but there must be something more to it if it caused the man to be so tensed. Simple interest would not earn them that.

 

‘Probably just some annoying customers.’ Joshua stated, trying to calm him, ‘Why’re you gazing so hard?’

 

Jeonghan smirked at the question. He just, didn’t like to see people around him being treated like that. Which was why he decided not to keep people close. Because it is tiring. He already has a lot to handle, being so empathizing towards other people drains him. ‘I’m being protective of my boyfriend.’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter