Chapter 10

Breaking Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘Now be a good boy and sit on ahjusshi…’

 

Jeonghan desperately gasped for air as he sat himself up, heaving as he looked around, trying to find an escape. He didn’t want to do it anymore. He had to find a way ou-

 

Owh, . His head felt like it was hit by a brick. Air was coming out from his lungs, filling his throat. Stumbling on his feet, Jeonghan rushed to the slightly opened door, hoping he had the right one because if he wasn’t someone would have to clean the floor after him.

 

‘Blearghhh!!’ Spilling yesterday’s lunch, because obviously, he didn’t have dinner, Jeonghan forced his body to clear his stomach content as quickly as possible. He didn’t want to spend a lot of time throwing up. He just wanted to get it over with, go home and get his ing pills.

 

He had that ing dream again. One of those dreams. Still haunting him after a decade.

 

Deciding he had nothing else to spill, Jeonghan got up from the floor and flushed the bowl, dragging his legs to the sink. The cold water filling his mouth felt refreshing, but it was still too early for him gurgle due to gag reflex, and so, he opted with a simple wash. Then, he wet his whole head, finding the cold great against his terrible headache.

 

Why the heck did he get so intoxicated enough to have such a bad hangover? He always had good control of his alcohol intake, he still wants to have clear conscious when sleeping with strangers. He was never this reckless…

 

Unless…

 

Jeonghan closed his eyes, trying to control his anger with himself. He remembered this damned scent. It was similar to one of ‘his regulars’. Being around alphas with those pheromones would give him flashbacks of his past, triggering his trauma and making him sick to his stomach which is why he would usually avoid them. But on rare occasions, when he stumbled upon them already halfway drunk, and with them releasing their ual aura, it would messed up his mind and his would subconsciously be submissive and sleep with them. Just like the useless, dumb little Yoon Jeonghan.

 

That little bastard was so afraid he would get punished, just smelling the alphas was enough to wet him. And because of his ing cowardice, now Jeonghan associates alphas having certain scents with him having to submit to them, and despite how much he tried to fight it, it would only trigger his panic attacks. Just one of the ways his past s with him.

 

Not wanting to be in the presence of the alpha any longer, Jeonghan started to gather his clothes and wore it. He wanted to be home as soon as possible so he could clean every single part of his body, thoroughly scrubbing every inch. There was no way he would do it here. He didn’t want to spend even a moment longer breathing the same air as the bastard. Turning around, half panicking, Jeonghan breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of used condoms. At least he didn’t get the inside because that would be painful to clean.

 

‘You’re up…’ the omega pretended to not notice the hoarse voice of the alpha. ‘Already leaving?’

 

Patting his pockets to make sure he had his keys, wallet and phone, Jeonghan took out some money and placed on the drawer, glaring at the alpha who was still talking, trying to get his attention. Without saying a word, he sneered in disgust, closing the door behind him and walking away as quick as he could.

 

Stopping by a pharmacy to buy a morning after pill, Jeonghan pop one instantly, washing it down with plain water.

 

He was not taking any chances. Especially not with those alphas with disgusting scents.

 

*****

Done washing everything off his body, putting lotion to ease to slight pain from over scrubbing, Jeonghan stared at the drawer beside the table. He put all his pills inside there, he was considering bringing some in his little container just in case. Memories of his childhood like what he had this morning, added with the disgusting experience usually lead to self-hatred and self-harm, and that was something he really despised, amongst all his issues. Because unlike all the others, it would be hard for him to get back to his normal state with just the pills.

 

That being said, there are usually signs before he start loathing himself, so if he could prevent that from happening, maybe it would not be as serious. Taking everything out from the drawer, Jeonghan started to read the label, trying to predict what he would need. After almost half an hour doing so, he searched for his tumbler and filled it with water. Just in case.

 

Looking out the window, Jeonghan realized how beautiful the day was. He needed to go out. Anything that could distract him today, he should do. He should stop himself from thinking, and dreaming for a few days just to be sure.

 

‘!’ Jeonghan scrambled for his bag the moment he realized it was Friday, and he was really late for his class. He completely lost track of time focusing on getting rid of any trace of the alpha from this morning. Running towards his department, half knowing that he wouldn’t make it, Jeonghan stopped his track as he saw some of his classmates outside, doing nothing.

 

They wouldn’t skip the lecture, right?

 

A bit uneased, Jeonghan started to weigh the possibility of cancellation. The probability of him not getting the notice was extremely high. Not, because they purposely left him out, but because he muted the class chat room which meant anything they posted in there, he wouldn’t know. Opening the chat application, already annoyed at the number of new messages, Jeonghan let his shoulders fall and looked up, dragging his legs away in annoyance.

 

Someone posted the ing notice last Tuesday, it was buried under tons of homework exchanges and memes.

 

Sighing, letting his hands fall to his side, Jeonghan looked around. He was already here, after all that running, it didn’t seem right to just return to his room. Everyone else were either talking, laughing or playing something with their friends, which meant there was really nothing a lone wolf could do here. Maybe he should go to Joshua’s group and hang out instead?

 

Ah, he just remembered. The other omega’s girlfriend was in Korea so he wouldn’t come here today. Looking at the watch, noting how early it was to head to the club again, Jeonghan calculated how much longer he would have to endure before he could numb his senses again tonight.

 

Another five hours. That would go by in a flash.

 

Walking towards the convenient store and buying some snacks and banana milk for his movie time at the dorm, Jeonghan decided to continue walking for a while. Since orientation, he never ventured inside the campus far enough from his own department. There could be something else he could do somewhere…

 

‘YEAAHHH!!! Wooh!!’ Jeonghan turned around to look at the group playing basketball inside the court he was walking beside. The guys were pointing and nodding at each other, taking their position.

 

Wait, was that, Choi Seungcheol?

 

Curious at the game, Jeonghan made his way closer to the court. He didn’t really want to say hi and interrupt the game, it was not as if he was interested in it either. But someone he knew was playing, he just wanted to know how good his new alpha friend was at the game.

 

Owh he just got the ball and was running towards the net. The ball got in!

 

‘Yawawoh!!’ Jeonghan lifted his eyebrows, surprised at the weird sound that the man just screamed. Laughing softly, clapping his hand from behind the wires, the omega quickly hid his delight at the sight of another familiar alpha staring back at him.

 

Lee Taeyong.

 

Of course he would be here as well. They were friends after all. Scoffing his disappointment, Jeonghan slowly closed his eyes before turning his face away from the game. To think that he thought today was going to be fine… what a joke.

 

‘Yeah!!’ Seungcheol bumped chests with his friends scoring one for the team. Turning towards Taeyong who was sitting on the bench for a brief celebration, he realized his friend was not even looking. Instead, he was clenching his jaws, as if he was mad about something. Tracing his line of sight, Seungcheol sighed inwardly as he saw a familiar face leaving the court.

 

No wonder his friend was pissed.

 

Deciding not to do anything about it and pretend not to realize, Seungcheol returned to the game, hanging his hand on his senior’s shoulders. ‘Let’s go!’

 

*****

Feeling refreshed after his shower, Seungcheol went to the lounge on his floor to watch a drama he had been following recently. There were already a few people inside when he got there, and to his disappointment, they had another show on which meant he would not be able to watch his today. Weighing his options of trying another floor’s lounge, and deciding it would be a bit awkward as he didn’t know the people there, Seungcheol decided to join the group anyway. It was not as if he would miss much, he could guess where the drama was heading even without watching every episode.

 

…and he regretted his decision. The show was boring.

 

Seungcheol closed his mouth as he yawned, resting his head on his hand laid straight on the study desk. He had no interest in the guest for the show, and they were not as funny as he hoped. Bringing his phone towards his face, unlocking it and clicking on the icon he had placed inside a folder at the very back of his interphase, the young student started to scroll his Instagram feed, automatically liking every picture he saw.

 

, he just liked his ex’s post, he better unlike them now. ‘Hrm?’ Woo Ri was live right now, it made him really curious as to what she was doing. He didn’t want to click on it, what if he was the only one watching? Should he stalk her profile to see what she was up to a few minutes before for clues?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter