Chapter 4

Breaking Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Let him go.’ He warned and as Seungcheol hoped, the distracted man turned towards him, now fully giving his undivided attention.

 

‘The you want huh?!’ Bobby threatened, still giving off his strong pheromones. He could feel his friend Taeyong doing the same, not appreciating his interference in their power feud however right now, the man was not his concern. Bobby was the biggest problem. He wasn’t planning on fighting over the omega’s approval, he just wanted Bobby to let the omega go so he could feel at ease and go get his beer in peace.

 

‘He’s hurt.’

 

‘What? You’re not his alpha. Mind your ing business.’ the irritated alpha growled. With no reaction from Seungcheol and his rival, the male smirked as he looked pass Seungcheol towards the omega. He obviously thought he succeeded in demonstrating his strength and superiority amongst the three alphas. Maybe he did, maybe the omega enjoyed the performance. He wouldn’t know since the other gender are very complicated.

 

To confirm his suspicion, he glanced towards the weaker male and studied his expression briefly. Pretty omega was indeed, not enjoying the harsh treatment. In fact the man looked very angry. He had his free hand settled on a punch bowl, gripping it tightly seemingly to hold the pain. That was when he realized Bobby was still squeezing him tight.

 

‘He’s not yours either. Let him go.’ He warned again, now more serious than before. He could sense things were getting dangerous as Bobby started to pull the omega close but before he could, Seungcheol twisted the latter’s hand, causing him to scream in pain before releasing his grip. He heard the man behind him inhaled deeply from relief but decided not to look. As long as he was free, Seungcheol felt his job was done. Now he needed to focus on Bobby who was cursing at him, trying to punch his face. He didn’t have a good reflex so he knew he would get hit. Still, he lifted his hand in hope he would somehow be able to block the punch, moving his face slightly, as much as he could before the impact.

 

Seungcheol closed his eyes.

 

…the hit never came. Taeyong, now broken from his trance stopped Bobby’s attack just in time, much to his appreciation.

 

‘Stop or I’m reporting you for harassment.’ Taeyong hissed, which, to both male’s surprise, calmed Bobby down, although still aggravated. Releasing his hold on the angry alpha, Seungcheol kept their eyes locked. He was not backing down, and now with Taeyong backing him, Bobby was definitely in the losing team.

 

‘ing losers.’ Aware of his situation, the alpha finally decided to give up and leave the two friends, stomping his legs as he made his way through the crowd. The people around them kept silent, still in awe, but with the music now louder than before as the party started to reach its peak, the awkward atmosphere was fixed in no time.

 

‘Coups, you’re quite a man aren’t ya?’ His friend hit his upper arm lightly and Seungcheol finally let his guard down. He didn’t notice how tensed he was until he felt his muscles relaxed. ‘er… things were going so well with Jeonghan…’

 

Jeonghan…? The omega?

 

…, the omega!

 

Seungcheol swiftly turned his body around as he finally remembered to check on the omega. He didn’t actually think it through but it was weird that Bobby left them alone without a fight. He might have another plan for the omega which was why he was eager to leave. Everything would be in vain if the man stumbled upon Bobby again, he was worried something worse was going to happen. Regrettably for him, the omega was already no longer in sight. He had no idea where the man could be either.

 

Seungcheol could only wish the man safely made his way back to his room, or be hidden somewhere far from Bobby.

 

‘ Coups, didn’t know you’re that strong…’ Taeyong finally broke his concern. Smiling at his friend who was now back to his normal self, Seungcheol shook his head humbly. He has strength, but that was the only thing he could do. He didn’t have the agility to fight unlike Bobby so had they been in a brawl, he would be defeated on the floor in no time. Which was why he chose to stand his ground, ending the aggression without violence once he set his mind into it. It usually work with alphas as pheromone duels would suffice but for betas, it would annoy them. Which, was the reason he decided to build his muscles - to look intimidating.

 

Why he put all the effort to perfect this skill? Because he had found himself in danger a few times in the past from jealousy. He had the prettiest girl in town, everyone wanted her. And among them, there were those who think he was in the way and decided to remove him.

 

Guess, he wouldn’t have to do it anymore because they were no longer together…

 

Now depressed again from remembering his heartbreak, Seungcheol patted his friend’s shoulder a few times to indicate his leave before taking the few cans of beer from the floor. Looking around, he started to think that maybe, he would enjoy being down here instead of up there alone. At least, the loud music will stimulate his senses to distract him from his problem…

 

Yeah. Maybe he should try to enjoy himself at the party. Who the hell cares if nobody know him?

 

Woo Ri knew him, but even she didn’t care about him. Not anymore. So what difference does it makes to be here or in his room? Nobody cares either way.

 

Nobody cares.

 

*****

 

Jeonghan threw the glass bowl on the ground, watching as the bowl bounced on the floor without breaking. He was a bit disappointed that the thing didn’t shatter into pieces but imagining that Bobby’s head being hit by it, and owh how painful it would be to be hit by the thick glass without it shattering, he felt a bit satisfied.

 

And annoyed.

 

If it hadn’t been for that cedarwood alpha, he would already have his vengeance on the damned alpha bastard. The ing bastard dared to manhandle him so roughly. If he ever see him again, Jeonghan would not hesitate to hurt him.

 

Owh he could. Because of his infamous past and his achievements, he could hurt that bastard’s reputation real bad he wouldn’t be able to recover from it. Not that Jeonghan ever did it to anyone but he was sure he could do it if he wanted to. He knew the neighbourhood police officers, he knew some people downtown who would lie and hurt others for him, he could create a perfect crime and pin it to the guy if he wanted to.

 

Of course, shattering his brain would be more satisfying as it takes less time but boy, the idea of him being behind bars was just as tempting. Maybe he shoul-

 

‘Damnit.’ Jeonghan’s eyes widened in shock as he realized what he was doing. He was starting to have those unhealthy dark thoughts again. Frowning, he took deep breaths to calm himself, trying to recompose himself. He need to stop doing so before it starts to affect his life.

 

‘Think of puppies and rainbows…’ he repeated to himself, half sarcastically as he wasn’t fully convinced that the method would work. But he had no other choice so he did it anyway. He really wanted to stop this kind of thoughts as it scared even himself. He used to be so innocent, never wishing those horrible things to happen to people, let alone having detailed ideas on how to execute them. Sure, he never liked people but not liking them and wishing them misfortune are two different things.

 

Despite what happened to him, Jeonghan was never this sadistic…

 

But… he was never a lot of things. And now he was.

 

Jeonghan knew very well that as time goes by, he would only turn out for the worse. He could imagine how ed up he would become years to come. It scared him, it always has but there was nothing he could do to stop it. It was not something he could control. He used to think he could recover from his trauma by religiously seeing his therapist for consultations and taking his medicine regularly, but he still turned out this way.

 

They were never able cure him, and they never will.

 

The only thing he could do at this point was to distract himself. The more he was left alone with his own thoughts, the worse he would get. And throughout the years, Jeonghan found that the best distraction for him was alphas.

 

They are the only ones able to keep him occupied, mentally and physically. Their scents enveloping him in passion, their bodies bringing him to cloud nine, their presence giving him security… he could lose himself completely with alphas and not think of anything else other than making the alphas crazy for him. The more desperate they get, the more they try to prove themselves by pleasuring him. The more he tease them, the better he felt.

 

Yes, alphas are the best medicine for him.

 

Which was why he would go back inside and find himself one to tonight.

 

*****

 

Seungcheol leaned against the table, looking at the dark sky while sipping his beer once in a while. He tried dancing, thinking he could immerse himself completely like other people but he didn’t know how to move. Everything felt awkward and it didn’t make him feel any better so he stopped. He couldn’t get into the games either, not being enthusiastic enough, so after giving it a light thought, the alpha decided he would just get drunk alone outside. At least the music weren’t as muffled as it was from his room which was actually more annoying.

 

A bit curious whether Woo Ri finally replied to him, Seungcheol felt around in his back pocket before realizing he left his phone in his room. Sighing and laughing in relief, he let his head fall down on the table, no longer feel like drinking. The dark sky, probably filled with stars which couldn’t be seen, was very mesmerizing to the heartbroken man. Just staring at it, he found himself lost completely, no longer hearing the bad musi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter