Chapter 14

Breaking Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Only a few more papers and the semester would be over.

 

Which meant, two more weeks left until summer break starts.

 

Which also meant, two more weeks left for him to spend with his two friends whom he hadn’t seen much since the examinations started.

 

Jeonghan knew they wouldn’t be able to see each other much as they had to study, but he didn’t expect sudden drop in contact all together. Joshua already went back to America since he had no examinations in the first place but Seungcheol, that alpha, stopped sending him random texts since last week. It felt weird, they had always been together the last few months so not having the two guys around made everything felt… out of place. Like something was not right.

 

He knew the feeling would past though. He just need time to readjust, to find something to do now that he had all these free time. It wouldn’t be that difficult since he had always been this way; alone. It never bothered him then, it should not bother him now. He just need to relearn that feeling. To relearn how to enjoy being by himself. And everything would feel alright.

 

He had to make sure it does. He had to.

 

Because the three of them were only temporary. Once they tick off everything on the list, their ‘friendship’ would end as well. They would go back to being three college students from different majors, trying to graduate.

 

Taking a long breath, Jeonghan stared at the ‘Korean experience list’ he just crossed off, counting the ones left. When the new semester starts, they would head to the karaoke which meant, another one will be ticked. It felt like a lot when he and Joshua first made the list, but now, it seemed otherwise. Once he checked everything on the piece of paper, there would be no reason for him to keep seeing the other two except for casual hang-outs, which he was sure would get old really quickly. Then, Seungcheol and Joshua would spend more and more time with their original group of friends. And fast forward a year later, they would go back to being mere acquaintances, then to somebody they used to know.

 

Sighing, feeling a bit tired from his thoughts, Jeonghan closed his notebook and put it inside his bag. He really needed a distraction from the depressing thoughts. He knew he shouldn’t overthink things, he knew he just did exactly that, and he knew the consequences. But, he also knew how to fix himself to feel better.

 

Alcohol and alphas.

*****

 

‘Tsk.’ Seungcheol clicked his tongue the two men already starting a fight this early. He looked back at his cousin who was tending the bar, wanting to ask him how he should handle it. He himself could never stop the fight, he would probably just get beaten up but Siwon was another level. Once he demand the misbehaved to stop their acts, they would listen. Why? Seungcheol would love to know but he had yet to dig it out from the man.

 

Well, it seemed the bar owner did not care. Seungcheol could never figure out the reason why the man choose to stop some, and let some proceed but whenever he asked, Siwon would just reply with a smirk or a wink. At one point he thought it could be because of the presence of VIPs in the back room but that hypothesis went out the window. So now, he was just left wondering.

 

‘Clean that up will ya?’ Siwon finally asked him, and the younger one peeked behind to see one of the brawlers dragged away by his friends. Scoffing in discontent, still wanting to know how his cousin predicted that outcome, Seungcheol got up to take a mop. That was what he was here for in the first place – to help out with the cleaning.

 

When he exited the backroom, he realized the bar was quiet.

 

‘Yah, Choi Seungcheol. You know that omega?’ Siwon suddenly came up to him, his face tensed. Getting scolded by the older alpha had been a norm so he didn’t really mind but getting called by his full name was a first. Seungcheol could sense something was wrong. ‘Omega?’

 

‘That guy with the long hair.’ Siwon pointed towards the bar, ‘said he’s your friend.’

 

There were a few people sitting at the pointed direction so it took a while but Seungcheol finally spotted whom was shown to him. ‘.’

 

‘You know him? You asked him to come?’

 

‘I didn’t- I mean, I know him. But I never-‘ Seungcheol glanced over at Jeonghan, curious and irritated at the same time. He wondered what the man was doing here, out of all the places he could be. Why the hell was he here instead of grinding with some random alphas in one of the few clubs nearby? ‘Whatever.’

 

‘Hey-‘ Seungcheol took the mop and bucket to where the beers were spilled a few minutes before. He knew Siwon was ready to give him an earful but it was not his fault. He didn’t ask Jeonghan to come here. And how the hell did Jeonghan know about this place anyway? He remembered mentioning it once, but he would never thought a mere bar was worthy enough of a place to be visited by the great Yoon Jeonghan. It was not as if there were any good alphas here the man could sleep with. There were only hooligans. Seriously, what was he thinking coming to this place? No omega ever step foot inside.

 

Ah, of course. That was probably the reason why he came here. There were no rivals, only potential sleeping partners.

 

Of course.

*****

 

‘Hey, back off. He’s my cousin’s friend.’ Jeonghan stared at the buffed bartender scaring the alphas away from him. So, this bartender is the owner of the bar and the car he rode last time. And also the owner of that house with the really comfortable couch. He and Seungcheol do not look alike at all except for, well, their bodies. Maybe their family are just, naturally muscular. ‘Sorry ‘bout that. I’ll call Cheol right now.’

 

‘Nah, it’s fine.’ He refused, not wanting to bother his working friend. He didn’t came here for that.

 

To be honest, he didn’t know why he came here in the first place.

 

He was at the club, dancing and drinking like always but by the time he realized it, he was already outside, walking back alone. It was still so early, not even a drunkard in sight and yet, he was already done for the night. But, since he was already outside, Jeonghan decided to start walking around, trying to bring himself back in the mood to re-enter the club. He needed to be able to lose himself in order to fix the weird feelings he had this last week. Because if alphas do not work anymore, he would need to depend on pills again and that was not a road he wanted to take.

 

It took him probably fifteen minutes of walking before he stumbled upon the bar, deep into the neighbourhood. The elegant sign was what drew him in, not the name because he certainly didn’t remember it at all. That said, he most definitely, didn’t think Seungcheol would be here until he came through the door and saw him. He came inside with the mere thought of wanting a change of atmosphere and he got what he came for. He just, never thought he would be the only omega here. The overwhelmingly strong alpha scents here caught him off guard, Jeonghan wis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter