Chapter 7

Breaking Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeonghan?

 

Nope. Shouldn’t be. Why would the omega be here in the middle of the night?

 

...nightlife. Of course. He stopped reading the man’s book but he did search for his name once. It seemed Jeonghan chose to cope with whatever was happening by going to places like this. Honestly, he would avoid those kind of person but something made him care about this guy. He felt like he owed the man for his outburst a few days earlier. And guilt is one of his biggest weakness. Once he felt bad for doing something, it would haunt him for a long time until he fix it. Apparently, as the people around him pointed out, that was how Woo Ri usually manipulates him. He doubt that was true but he had to admit, sometimes it felt like she was.

 

‘Tsk.’ Seungcheol clicked his tongue in annoyance as he was reminded of his ex-lover again. He needed a distraction. Looking through the back mirror and seeing the omega still walking, the alpha thought of an idea.

 

Ensuring there were no cars behind him, Seungcheol decided to reverse his car and fetch the man. Jeonghan was obviously heading back to the campus and he was on the way back as well. He should at least do this much. Say his apology and get the man out of his mind for good. And, at the same time, get the man to keep him company until they reach the campus so he wouldn’t think about Woo Ri. ‘Jeonghan?’

 

The omega flinched at the sudden call but relaxed soon after, rolling his eyes as soon as he saw Seungcheol, ‘Owh it’s you.’

 

‘What you doing here?’ He tried asking although he had a pretty good idea why. Obviously Jeonghan was not having any of it as he pointed out to his outfit, ‘Finding a good bed partner.’

 

It was apparent that the other male was provoking him, choosing to use the word ‘bed partner’ to refer to what he yelled at him the other day. Nodding along, trying to ignore the irritated aura the other was trying to emit, Seungcheol continued, ‘Guess everyone today?’

 

That response, maybe caught the omega off-guard as he frowned to look at him, probably curious to his change of personality. Seungcheol knew the man was waiting for a negative reply but really, he didn’t care at all. They have no relationship with each other, why should he hate what the other was doing? ‘I mean, you’re going back alone right now so, there’s no good alphas right?’

 

‘Yeah, you can say that.’ Jeonghan seemed to lower his defense a little, finally replying to his question. He was still annoyed, Seungcheol wouldn’t blame him for that considering he didn’t leave such a good impression their last two meetings. There was a long silence where the omega just stood there, him just looking around the car not wanting to move as well, both of them not planning to make the first move to leave. Figuring it was the best for him to just let the man know of his intention, the alpha was about to speak before Jeonghan cut him, ‘You?’ to which he replied with a confused ‘huh?’

 

‘What are you doing here?’ He repeated his question. Seungcheol gave it a brief thought, opting to joke around to ease the apparent tension. Patting the car a few time as a reply to Jeonghan’s pointing of his outfit, he continued ‘Cruising for lonely omegas to give ride to.’

 

‘Owh?’ he didn’t know whether Jeonghan caught his playfulness, half regretting the image he just created if the man didn’t. But seeing the other’s slight soften of the face, he knew it was good for him to continue his unconvincing act. ‘To where?’

 

‘I dunno. Where are you going?’ He gave the omega a big smile. ‘What? You think I’m riding with you cus of this fancy car?’

 

‘No,’ , that didn’t go as planned. He was hoping for a light laugh so he could go on and send the man back home. He didn’t mean to suggest what the man thought he was, ‘I mean, if you’re going this way, I’ll be glad to drive you.’

 

‘I don’t know where you were going but I’m, going that way.’ Jeonghan pointed to the right at the junction, making sure his words were clear. ‘Back to campus.’

 

‘Do you know we can get back to campus this way too?’ He lifted his hand to point straight ahead, where he was heading before reversing the car to where they were. He knew Jeonghan noticed his route hence the slight warning. ‘Through the north gate. Also, I need to stop by somewhere first. So?’ He waited nervously for an answer, ‘I mean, it’s better than walking another half an hour in the dark right?’

 

 

‘You smell like booze.’ Seungcheol commented in hope to lighten the mood. He had been driving with the omega for a while towards his cousin’s house and yet no one had made a sound. He figured pointing out the obvious would be funny but he wouldn’t know whether it would actually be offensive to the other now that he gave it a few more thoughts. ‘Says you.’ Jeonghan retorted without looking, something that he imagined would happen.

 

‘I was helping my cousin at the bar today.’

 

‘You work a lot.’ Jeonghan remarked, looking at him, ‘For someone who drive a Lexus.’

 

Seungcheol smirked, finally realizing the situation they were in. He forgot the fact that he was driving an expensive car, and the fact that he was just a student. Everyone would have had the same thought as the omega – that he was a spoiled son of a rich family who, based on their location right now, love to play around. Exactly the opposite of the real him. Well, not that his family was poor, but they were not millionaires either. ‘This is my cousin’s. He’s the owner of Kingsmen, the bar I worked in. And, yeah. I have a few jobs for reasons.’

 

‘Reasons.’ Jeonghan repeated, not really interested in asking because there were only a few reasons why anyone would do that and he knew all of them. It was not as if he was eager to find out about the alpha either. There were no reason why he would ask for an explanation. Scanning the interior of the car, Jeonghan decided to play with the audio player. Seungcheol had a light R&B song playing, something he was not familiar with but didn’t hate. It was a nice change from the thumping he heard a while ago.

 

*****

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter