Chapter 31

Breaking Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The slight shake woke Jeonghan up from him deep slumber. Still so tired, his muscles severely aching, the omega tried to open his eyes but to no avail. It was as if his eyes were glued shut. He just had no energy left to lift his lids.

 

‘Jeonghan-ah? Time to wake…’ The familiar soothing voice called out, but he could only manage a groan to let the other know he was conscious. The soft bed beneath him kept seducing him back to dreamland. ‘Jeonghan?’

 

‘Hrmmm…’ Again, he grunted. Another few more questions with the same sound as an answer, the alpha finally realized the situation, to Jeonghan’s delight. ‘The, bathtub’s filled. So uh, I’ll carry you then. Okay… One, two-‘

 

Jeonghan hissed slightly as he felt pressure on his ribs. Fortunately for him, the warmth and scent of the alpha made up for the discomfort, so he was forgiven. Seungcheol let him know he was going to be put into the water, and though he kind of hated the idea, there was nothing he could do to prevent it from happening. Expecting the cold jolt on his toes, he was surprised to realize the water was warm. In fact, just right that it felt good on his muscles. Placed against the tub with his head resting on the edge, Seungcheol started to wash his face, which finally allowed him to open his eyes, if only slightly.

 

‘Water’s okay?’ Seungcheol asked, realizing he was finally up. Jeonghan only nodded groggily, still not wanting to talk. Taking a deep breath of comfort, the weak man closed his eyes again as he felt water down his hair, flowing through his face. He didn’t know getting someone to bath him could feel so good. On second thought, maybe he only felt this way because he was so weak right now. Because he was 100% sure had he been healthier, this slow action would irk him. Whatever the reason was, he was enjoying himself right now.

 

Opening his eyes, Jeonghan looked around the bathroom, now almost fully awake. His sight locked on the jeans in the sink – his, all wet. Seungcheol turned around as well, noting the stare, and responded, ‘Owh, yeah. It was, uh, wet from your heat so… I washed it a bit.’

 

Jeonghan only stared back at him. Now he had no pants. Should he go back wearing a towel? As if reading his mind, the man added, ‘I’ll dry it with the hairdryer. It’ll be a bit damp though… hope you don’t mind.’

 

Again, he nodded, not finding other appropriate answer. He shifted his gaze towards Seungcheol’s wristwatch instead, looking at the time. Their check-out time was in another hour. There was no way his jeans would get dry enough by then. Not unless the alpha starts now. Understanding his silent concern, the latter explained how he had asked for an hour extension which was approved. Jeonghan just wondered how the man did it, reading his mind. He doubted his worry was apparent on his face as he always has the perfect poker face.

 

‘I-,’ Jeonghan struggled to talk, his voice hoarse. His throat hurt actually, which confused him. He didn’t remember being hit in the neck, but then again, he was beaten up pretty good. One of the falls might have caused this.

 

‘I can…’ he continued, putting his hand on the other’s, halting Seungcheol who was about to wash him with soap. Honestly, he didn’t feel good letting the man rub him all over, despite having slept together just a few hours prior.

 

‘Just the back.’ The other answered and Jeonghan only complied. He wouldn’t be able to reach back there after all. His shoulders hurt. After that was done, again, he told Seungcheol he could do the rest himself. And not wanting to push it, the man agreed, bringing his jeans out with him. Shortly after, Jeonghan heard the hairdryer switched on and sighed, relief that he was now left alone with his thoughts.

 

 

They had .

 

They crossed his comfortable line. He didn’t know what to do. Sure he had always wanted to sleep with Seungcheol, finding him physically attractive, and he would have been okay had they did this during orientation, or when they met the second time, or the third time. But not now. Now they are friends. Now Jeonghan really like spending time with him.

 

They could not be mere buddies. ing and friendship never mix well. He had to tell the man that this was a one-time thing.

 

Except he couldn’t.

 

Because he needed the alpha right now. Especially now.

 

‘I love you.’

 

Jeonghan frowned at the faint memory. That must have been his illusion, he was really out of it. There was no way Seungcheol would ever say that to him after the harsh way he treated the man. Not to mention, he was probably looking really appalling right now. God, he must have been so miserable that he started to see and hear things. Things he would never deserves. Things he would never attain. Thing he would never dare to imagine.

 

But…

 

…if the man really did say those things to him, it was all the more reason why this shouldn’t happen. Because that would mean he was using Seungcheol’s feeling for his own gain. He would be playing with him, giving him false hope. Even if he made it clear, just proceeding with their friendship as if nothing happened would definitely hurt the alpha. He would be selfish.

 

Just like his ex-girlfriend.

 

He couldn’t do that to Seungcheol.

 

God, why did he go to the man in the first place? If he had stayed in his room like a good ing omega this would never have happened! He could have taken his pills and he would have survived his heat with no problem! Sure he would be thinking about the old man but at least he would know he was safe. And things wouldn’t have been this complicated. God he was so stupid!! Why did he have to be so desperate!!

 

‘!’ Jeonghan grunted to himself, frustrated. He messed up again. His heat messed things up again. He knew having a normal college life was a dream too good to be true. Normal was never meant for him.

 

‘Everything alright??’ Seungcheol’s voice alerted him and Jeonghan found himself turning away to stare at the walls. Embarrassed. He nodded weakly and again, breathed deeply when he heard the man moving away from the bathroom. Just as he was about to push some soap out to distract himself from his own thoughts, he heard the man coming in again. Confused, he asked why.

 

‘Washing your hair.’

 

‘My jeans?’

 

‘Drying. I placed the dryer so it’d hold its position. Guess I’m really meant for engineering. I’m a good problem solver.’ The alpha replied cheekily, as if they were not in an awkward situation to begin with. Smiling at the antic, enjoying the man as he started to talk alone, Jeonghan hid his face between his knees. It caused the other to worry but ensuring he only did it to avoid shampoo from getting into his eyes, Seungcheol started to massage his head.

 

Jeonghan felt something flow down his cheeks.

 

This alpha’s perfect.

 

He didn’t deserve this man.

 

He was being selfish.

 

*****

The doorbell alerted Seungcheol who sat up slowly in order not to wake the sleeping omega beside him. It was futile though as the sound already did it. Opening the door after confirming it was Joshua, he let the man in. In his hand was Jeonghan’s bag and a plastic with food. ‘Porridge for the poor baby.’

 

‘Haha I didn’t know you’re so funny.’ Jeonghan replied sarcastically, still lying on the bed. Smiling at the playfulness of the two, despite the situation, Seungcheol briefly thanked his friend and excused himself. Joshua was now with Jeonghan to take care of him for a while, which gave him enough time to pack a few of his own stuff and grab a bite for himself. Also, considering it was Jeonghan’s first day, he would have at least a few more hours before the next wave. He should leave the man with Joshua to calm down for a bit. The air had been awkward since they left the hotel…

 

Now done with the important things on his list, Seungcheol suddenly remembered he needed to talk to his parents about the situation. The news about Jeonghan’s attack had been reported and reached his family whom, it seemed, had been trying to reach both Jeonghan and him since this morning. He did reply to them briefly, but he knew that was not enough.

 

Walking out of the dorm, trying to ignore the stares and murmurs of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter