Chapter 38

Breaking Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘What? Wh-’ Before Seungcheol could complete his sentence, Jeonghan interrupted, ‘I’m going back. Alone.’

 

And walked away. Staring fiercely at the alpha to warn him not to follow. He really wanted to be left alone with his thought. And despite the situation, he really didn’t want to get angry at his lover. Sure, he was pissed off, and he knew that Seungcheol did not deserve this kind of treatment but his mood was ruined and he was not the kind that could forget things like this and pretend nothing happened just like that. He needed time. He would talk to his boyfriend once he cools down, so he wouldn’t say anything hurtful to the sweet alpha.

 

Jeonghan was looking around, trying to remember where the train station was before his steps halted.

 

He saw them – the two men who had been following him and his lover these past few weeks.

 

Maybe it was his frustration with the what just happened, or maybe it was because he was in a public place so he knew they would not do anything to him but without knowing what came over him, Jeonghan suddenly gained the courage to confront those men. He just wanted to scream and hit something, and these two had been getting on his nerves; terrorizing him for no reason. And so, Jeonghan walked quickly, making sure that the men knew he was coming.

 

‘YAH!’ And he pushed one of them forcefully, enough that the alpha shifted back a few steps.

 

*****

Seungcheol heard Jeonghan’s angry voice and looked around, wondering if his omega suddenly decided to scold him instead of going back by himself. To his horror, he saw his small omega picking up a fight with two large men. Running as fast as he could towards the three, afraid that the two strangers would hit his omega, Seungcheol grabbed Jeonghan and pulled the man slightly behind him, glaring at the two, challenging them to try and do something to his omega. He made sure to threaten them with his pheromone too, knowing how strong his was compared to normal people. Behind him though, Jeonghan continued to provoke the two, ‘Why the hell do you keep following us?? TELL ME YOU BASTARD!!’

 

, were these two-? He remembered Jeonghan telling him about being followed but because he never noticed them despite trying to do so a few times, he figured that Jeonghan was just being paranoid. Just a look at the omega and the two, and he knew that Jeonghan was telling the truth.

 

Feeling his blood boil, Seungcheol grabbed the one was wearing a beanie, furious, ‘Why were you following us??’

 

He could tell that they were scared of him. The one behind him was already planning to escape with his hind leg getting further away. The one in his arm though, started shaking, and before long, spilled everything, ‘Chill man, we aren’t trying to do anything!’

 

‘HUH? THEN WHY FOLLOW US??’ Seungcheol growled loudly, feeling very outraged that their privacies were invaded by these two strangers, especially for no reason. ‘Are you trying to kidnap my lover??’

 

‘N-no man!! Some girl just hired us to follow you!! Tell him!’ Beanie guy gritted his teeth, urging his friend to back him up. And the man did, repeating what was said. ‘She paid us to do nothing so we did it! Sorry!!’

 

‘Who?’ Jeonghan screamed from behind him, not really trying to move pass Seungcheol. He was as enraged. All this while he had been having nightmares because of the two and now they were telling him that they were doing it for no reason other than money? Because someone hired them?? This was unbelievable!

 

‘We don’t know! She just transfers us the money.’

 

Seungcheol looked over at Jeonghan whose face was unreadable. Then he looked back at the two, wondering why they got paid when they were doing such a bad job. Because, well, Jeonghan spotted them. They should already realize that because Jeonghan even looked at them accusingly a few times. ‘She said to make it obvious!’

 

The alpha glanced at Jeonghan who scoffed behind him, amazed by the pathetic situation. It didn’t take a genius to figure out what was happening – someone was really intending to torture his omega which really pissed him off. He wouldn’t let that person go.

 

‘Aish!’ Seungcheol’s grab on the man loosened when the other kicked his legs just enough so his friend was free. And before he could do anything, the two alphas ran away as fast as they could, losing them among the crowd. Giving up on catching them, he sighed, just wondering how stupid he was to not believe his omega all this time.

 

If the men really intended to hurt Jeonghan, they would have succeeded in doing it because of how ignorant he was. .

 

‘Hey, Jeonghan,’ Seungcheol turned to face the omega once he made sure that the two stalkers were gone. The man’s arm was still in his hand so he knew that Jeonghan was still there with him. However, it was clear that the man was still upset because he refused to look at Seungcheol. He did not let that get to him though, because he needed to say something important to the omega, ‘Jeonghan-ah!’

 

Still no answer. Exhaling loudly, not entertaining the situation, Seungcheol decided to just go for it, ‘What the hell is wrong with you? They could’ve hurt you! Hey!’ He pulled the omega back slightly, just enough to stop Jeonghan from running away from him. This was important for him. He did not want his omega to go and get into fights just because he was upset. ‘You don’t do that! You talk to me! Okay? You talk to me when you’re angry!’

 

‘Yoon Jeonghan!’ he growled, just desperate for Jeonghan to listen to him. He was expecting the omega to hit him, or scream at him like he did before so Seungcheol clenched his jaw, ready to endure whatever was coming to him. To his shock though, instead of doing what he predicted, Jeonghan crouched down on the ground, hiding his face between his knees. And so, he did the same, crouching even l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter