Chapter 1

Breaking Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Can I take a selfie with you?’

 

Jeonghan pushed his hair back behind his left ear, looking at the man in front of him. He could see the glimmer in his eyes as the omega closed his eyes slowly, teasing before giving the man his typical smile. ‘Sure.’ He replied, waiting for the excited beta to prepare his phone for a snapshot. In the corner of his eyes he could see a group of males sitting on a nearby table, out-of-place, eyeing him. As the young author bid his goodbye to his satisfied fan, Jeonghan finally gave the pack his brief attention.

 

Bunch of boys, that was for sure. And based on their aura, alphas.

 

It was obvious why they were waiting there; for him. No, not like the rest of the people in this small bookstore here for his meet-and-greet book-signing session. They were here hoping to get his attention and him. Just look at the pathetic lustful face that one guy was making. Jeonghan almost laugh at his terrible attempt to be y by biting his lips. Too young to even try. Which was the exact reason he chose to be with older alphas instead of those his age. They are too desperate it almost seem pathetic.

 

Shifting his attention towards another person in line, Jeonghan continued socializing with his readers. He really wanted to ignore those alphas but he knew they wouldn’t leave any time soon. He was, famous among their circle for being good in bed and ‘easy’ anyway. He wouldn’t deny it, he sleeps with alpha almost every time he had a chance. It was an open secret. Heck, he even wrote it in his book, confessing about it being his way to cope with his past. Naturally, people started calling him easy but on the contrary, he was very picky. Alphas were the ones who would gather around him desperate for a taste, not the other way around. He was the one in control, not the other way around.

 

‘I read it in two days. You’re so brave to write about it…’ Jeonghan thanked the middle-aged woman who started to tear. He wanted to sigh loudly but held it in. Sensitive people really irk him, ‘I’ll always support you.’ She continued, now crying. Almost at his limit, the omega eyed his manager, signaling him to take her away. He could tolerate reasonable tears but fake tears and weak emotional tears, in other words, undeserving tears really annoy him.

 

Well, a lot of things annoys him but tears especially. Tears are for the weak.

 

Okay, obviously he was at his limit right now. He really need a break but the line was still long. Eyeing the clock which indicated another hour before he could be free, Jeonghan requested for a toilet break. He could see one of the desperate alphas standing up, probably planning to follow him to the washroom. He smirked, pitying the guy. Despite Jeonghan being a normal omega with a ‘bad’ reputation, his book was a best-seller which meant, in this small bookstore, he was somewhat a celebrity. Obviously he would have a manager and a bodyguard taking care of him while he was attending his own signing event. There was no way the James Dean-wannabe would be able to touch him right now.

 

…and just like he expected, the guard pushed the alpha away as he tried to force his way to the toilet, following Jeonghan. Feeling a bit better at the amusing scene, the young author made his way inside, expecting an empty space to clear his mind. Which was why seeing a figure moved at the corner of his eyes caught him off-guard he almost cursed loudly. At one of the sink, an alpha was washing his hand, not really paying any attention towards the pretty omega behind him.

 

And without saying anything, the alpha with dimples left. Without even sparing Jeonghan a glance.

 

 

He really wanted to stop the signing event right now. He was feeling a bit better after the break but this rich girl just had to spoil the mood by rambling on and on about him being an inspiration.

 

Come on, him? Inspiration? To a girl with Chanel bag like her? Seriously? What inspiration?

 

All of them are privileged enough to buy books and walk around freely unlike the kids at the omega house who depend on donations and welfare of others. They are privileged enough to be able to socialize with others without any problems unlike most people at the shelter who ended up with communication problems due to their terrible pasts. Just what in the world that he wrote in that book that could be considered an inspiration to those not going through the same thing as him? Inspiration to not give a ? Or sneaking out in the middle of the night to sleep with alphas double his age? What load of bull.

 

Smiling at the girl anyway, he wiped his face to avoid showing his annoyance to the next person. He knew better than to reflect his emotion on another.

 

Dammit. He really needed to get away from here. He was hungry and tired, he no longer had the motivation to continue nor the patience. Sometimes he wondered why he was even doing this kind of events. Had it not been for his future career of choice, he really wouldn’t have to pretend to give a crap. Unfortunately he needed the exposure so he had to do this. But, it was not like each person here even read his book and relate to him. Most of them were just here because of his reputation.

 

‘Oh my god. You’re so pretty up close.’

 

Owh god. Jeonghan wanted so badly to roll his eyes but kept his professional face on, internally wishing she would not say anything about inspiration anymore because he wouldn’t be able to pretend to be touched anymore. Finally facing the owner of the overly-excited female omega who had a really inappropriate over-the-top fangirling face, as if he was an idol, he tried to pretend he was just as enthusiastic. Half an hour left. He could do it. ‘My friend was li-‘

 

Aah. Finally someone used the ‘friend’ story today. He was wondering when someone like that would appear here. Keeping track on the typical lies people tell him on these events had been his guilty pleasure. Seriously though, this girl at storytelling. She didn’t even look the least empathetic about her ‘friend’ who supposedly been through similar thing which was a bit disappointing to Jeonghan. Still, she put a lot of details in her story. She must be the kind of person who enjoys a one-sided conversation.

 

Owh god, she really loves the sound of her voice. Jeonghan was really getting bored his eyes started to wander. The alphas were still sitting at the corner waiting for him, his manager was talking to the guard at the end of the line, other customers of the shop were standing at the sideline, curious about who he was…

 

‘Owh…’ The dimple alpha he met at the toilet was sitting at another table, leaning against the backrest. The guy was looking his way, Jeonghan found himself admiring that handsome face. No, he could even be considered pretty. He had really distinct eyes, brown pupils, full lips… Such a cute face for an alpha, he almost seem innocent. Realizing the alpha was not actually looking at him, Jeonghan traced his line of sight towards the talkative girl in front of him. Connecting the dots, the male omega concluded the two were a couple, considering how lovingly he was staring at her.

 

What a pity, he would love to spend the night with the alpha had he been one of his ‘fans’. Maybe even give him some extra service after. The guy looks like he would be good in bed.

 

‘Author-nim?’

 

‘Huh?’ Jeonghan quickly turned his attention back towards the girl. No wonder things seemed calm, she had stopped talking. Now was his chance to send her away. ‘I’m glad the book helps. So who should I write this for?’ He didn’t even care if she was asking him a question or was expecting him to respond to her fake story, he just wanted to be done with the book-signing session.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter